hi pankajdubey

i am mostly interested in talking with astrologers about how wide of a window in terms of days that one might consider a planet as being stationary.. with petraeus he is 12 days away from a mercury station which is too wide for me and according to my software mercury is moving at a fast rate.. as for how something like retro -sr sd, or stationary impacts a chart via progressions - that is yet another layer for astrologers to muddle around with. it isn't breaking new ground though which is really what i am interested in here.. i am exploring the idea that retro periods are not all black - retro, or white - not retro and that their might be something in between called 'stationary' that has an unique characteristic! of course whether it is turning direct, or retro is also an important distinction that seems often left out of the equation as well.. petraeus chart is irrelevant for my purposes.. lillys chart on the other hand is a perfect example as i see it.. and of course we could talk about the neptune station in lillys chart which i hadn't bothered to mention previously.. it is very much in a stationary position. these are the kinds of examples we could potentially use to understand stationary planets better..

Maybe, you need to look at Gen Petraues' chart
This is just an FYI on Patraeus' chart. His Sun is less than one degree from the malefic South Scale aka Zubenelgenubi. From Robson Sun on South Scale:
Sickness, loss in business and through fire or speculation, DISGRACE, RUIN disfavor of superiors, suffers through wrongful accusations, sickness to family.
Emphasis added. The "suffers through wrongful accusations' is curious. He admitted the affair but I wonder what else might either have happened or will be announced.

Since the Mercury retrograde station on Election Day is being discussed here, and my previous article on the subject was mentioned, I think it might be appropriate to mention a recent followup article that I posted on the blog a couple of days ago:

http://politicalastrologyblog.com/2012/ ... ject-orca/

It turns out that while astrologers were wrong in predicting that the outcome of the election might be delayed, the retrograde did end up playing a very important and somewhat typical role in reflecting some major technological snafus within the Romney campaign on Election Day.

thanks chris!

the first part of your article i am thinking why is this supposed to only impact romney and not obama's campaign until i got to the 2nd part of the article.. i was also thinking about how all of the set up for so much of project failure would have happened with mercury direct, not retro.. the other thing - we are still in the retro period so we all better watch out what we say as we may have to take it all back, lol..

call me cynical.. to lay the mercury sr on election day down to the launch of romneys presidential campaign sounds about as good as saying obamas launch happened under a void of course moon and that it wouldn't amount to anything either, except some astrologers are more attached to mercury retro then they are to void of course moons..

while it is an interesting side story, i don't think it changes anything about the obsession much of astrology has for mercury retro other then offering a relatively shallow fallback in the failure of operation orca.. this is how i see it..

There is one way to reconcile the Mercury retrograde with individual.
If your natal mercury is wobbly, the transit Mercury retro will affect you more.
Romeny's mercury is in fall not Obama's.
Romney's Ocra failed, Obama's Petraeus failed later.
(But by that time Obama was re-elected)
Last edited by pankajdubey on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

james_m wrote: i am vying for another option - stationary regardless of whether it is turning retro or going direct.. my take is that a station of a planet has a big influence of a chart regardless whether it is sr or sd.
So do I.

I was first encountering this theory when reading James Braha's books.
He said that stationary planets are among the strongest in the chart.
This is my experience too. Sometimes it gives some spectacular expressions.

Some examples of stationary planets:

-Steve Jobs for example the apple phone mogul have MERCURY S (ME turning direct).
Which may be interesting.

-Amy Weinhaus talent for music may be amplified with VENUS S (VE turning direct).

Hitlers wellknown talent for mass communications may be amplified with having JUPITER S (JU turning Rx).
( Jupiter moon in his 3rd house...public communications.)

World famous Vedic Astrologer B.V. Raman MERCURY S (ME turning Rx)

Donald Trump Have JUPITER S in 2nd house. (JU turning direct)

Hello All,

I agree that the issue of stationary and retrograde planets is very interesting. I had assumed James was going to follow up his suggestion some time ago about opening a separate thread on this. So could someone please take the initiative and open up a fresh thread on this. James?

The tendency to want to open up on on a topic like this is quite natural. However, it inevitably takes us further and further away from the original purpose of the thread. Plus this thread is already 13 pages long which means it getting impractical for people to read through all the thread. A bit of drift is inevitable at this stage but lets at least stay on the the issue of US politics.

I am also issuing another reminder to members that natal examples are only relevant on the mundane forum if they relate directly to the topic of the thread.

Thanks

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I for one thought the mercury retro would take a while to sort out ... i was predicting the worst scenario which was some small entity (for instance a crucial cd in ohio) had enough 3rd party votes holding romney & obama to under 50% each which would theoretically delay the election results for a while ...

Enid Newberg and Joseph Crane will be reviewing the 'industry' predictions and outcomes on December 6 online, no charge at Dr. Newberg's request. Info and regististration at www.SalonSonja.com

I will be doing a short lecture on Bolon Yokte Kuh and the Transits of Mars ... this being the ONLY prediction that the epigraphers found for Maya 2012

Mercury Rx,

First I'll say that the Venus cycle predicted that Obama would win this in 2008, bar him being assassinated, I don't see how he would NOT have been re-elected.

However for those all excited over the Mercury Rx, there is a story you will probably vastly enjoy. Romney internal polling had him winning by 5 points. he was so confident of his win that he did not even have a concession speech written. (frankly the concession was well done for as hurriedly as it was written) here is one report on the subject you can find many others I'm sure.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/martin-bashi ... /#50031955

enjoy

Granny

pankajdubey wrote:I managed to find Zoidsoft aphesis freeware and Ellen Black's article on John Kerry.
Now, I am armed and dangerous :)

Kerry has never been harmed in Libra or Aquarius terms and maintains status quo.He is likey to be the Secretary of state if Obama wins again.
The elction date for Obama falls in his Libra-Aquarius and Obama's inauguration falls in Libra-Aquarius-Virgo and the L4 jump of Leo to Pisces happens in Feb 2013.
So, Obama wins.

I like this Zodiacal releasing thing- it reminds me so much of the "Kala chakra dasa system" with similar jumps called by various names as "Simhaavalokana(Lion's glance) and "Maandooka(frog's jump etc)" .

https://sites.google.com/site/brihathpa ... ph-11krama
See, how easy it is to piggy back to Presidency on your future Secretary of State's luck :)

PD

This piece is interesting. This latest Pew survey indicates that for the first time in US history Protestants now form a minority of Americans (48%). Moreover, since 2007 the percentage of those describing themselves as unaffililitated (agnostic, atheist or 'nothing in particular) has increased 5% from 15% to around 20% of the US population. The notion that the US has somehow bucked the trend of secularisation in western countries seems to be less credible than in the past.

http://life.nationalpost.com/2012/10/09 ... port-says/

Despite the influx of hispanic immigration even the percentage of the population identifying as Roman Catholic has dropped a point to 22%. These figures are clearly masking a much bigger decline amongst the indigenous US Roman Catholic community.

These major demographic changes seem to be another factor contributing to the decline of the Republican support in the US. The growth of the unaffiliated community is disproportionately amongst the white community. Historically Republican support has relied heavily on votes from the white Protestant community.

As the article points out these trends can only be expected to accelerate. One-third of adults under age 30 in the USA have no religious affiliation, compared to 9 per cent of people 65 and older.

I thought this bit of the piece was very interesting in terms of the impact of these changes on the Democrat party:
The trend also has political implications. American voters who describe themselves as having no religion vote overwhelmingly for Democrats. Pew found Americans with no religion support abortion rights and gay marriage at a much higher-rate than the U.S. public at large.

These ?nones? are an increasing segment of voters who are registered as Democrats or lean toward the party, growing from 17 per cent to 24 per cent over the last five years. The religiously unaffiliated are becoming as important a constituency to Democrats as evangelicals are to Republicans, Pew said.
Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly