Choosing from two potential partners

Querent met two potential relationship partners (the 2nd was few days after the 1st) and wants to know which of them to choose. Which houses signify the potential partners?
For a job we look at the 6 house for the first, and 6 from 6 for the second. Similarly for a house. But what do we do for this case, where 7 from 7 is the querent?s house?

Re: Choosing from two potential partners

Starlion wrote:For a job we look at the 6 house for the first, and 6 from 6 for the second. Similarly for a house. But what do we do for this case, where 7 from 7 is the querent?s house?
This technique seems to be a bit problematic: 6 from 6 would be the job of the job. This does not sound very reasonable.
Frawley gives another method and there are still more. But horary questions should be (with exceptions) of a kind, that the answer could be a clear yes or no.

The querent should ask in consideration of one partner.
And then as to the other if still necessary at all then.

Johannes

I don't agree that the 6th is the best place to assign a job, and I also don't follow the logic of doing 6th from the 6th for the next job.

I think if you have to choose between two people, one way may be to take the 7th house and see if a planet resides in the house. If so you may take them as one person if that planet seems to describe them, and the lord of the house as another if it describes them.

A better way I prefer is to decide an order of preference, perhaps the one you met first being first, and then assign significators not by using the domicile lord, but by using a triplicity lord instead. The first triplicity lord being the first person, the second being the second person.

I don't believe there's any logic in doing the 4th from the 4th approach, or, in this case, 7th from the 7th. I suspect it's a misinterpretation from Lilly but I could be wrong - the next house being the 7th and confused as being so as it is the 4th from the 4th. I need to examine where this idea comes from but I suspect it is something like that. I think this is more within the context of should I move home from what I know (this area) to where I don't (that area), and examples of should I stay or should I go are essentially 1st and 7th. But the 7th because it is unknown or different, not because it is 4th from the 4th.
I don't know of any historical precedent for using the 4th from the 4th or the 6th from the 6th or 10th from the 10th etc.

The only information I have regarding multiple choices is to use triplicity rulers, the order of application of the Moon, using a planet placed on the house cusp as another significator or Frawley says to use the following house (but I don't know of any precedent for that though one may exist).

Of them all I prefer to use triplicities.

Thank you johannes and Paul for the clear answer. I?ll try the triplicity and see if it can fits.
Multiple choices do complicate the analysis, but it places an interesting challenge.

As far as I can remember Frawley uses the ruler of the next sign for a significator when the question demands a "next", such as comparing the present job with the next job.

But I have seen a few charts where the next sign ruler is relevant without the concept of "next" being needed.

For multiple choice selections I have successfully used the house ruler for one option and natural rulers for the other options. I have used up two natural rulers plus the house ruler. It works like a charm.

This is common in vocational questions where people want to know which profession would suit them best, from a limited number of options.

In this example one potential partner would be Lord 7 and the other some other planet which is descriptive of one of the partners. See which planet describes each potential partner more accurately and look at the receptions. If there are aspects look at that too.

Also, this is a general idea and a theoretical question. In practice the chart will tell the story because we have to get clues from the querent. For example: the querent likes Mr A because he is tall and blond and Mr B because he is rich. The chart will show those receptions accurately if the querent is clear and honest.

dastars wrote:In this example one potential partner would be Lord 7 and the other some other planet which is descriptive of one of the partners. See which planet describes each potential partner more accurately and look at the receptions. If there are aspects look at that too.
Thanks dastars, this approach is very interesting and actually fits perfectly for this chart!