The Life & Work of Vettius Valens
by Deborah Houlding
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Very quick question - answer obvious?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spicav

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Very quick question - answer obvious? Reply with quote

Hi!

The question is, will the asker get into the grad school he is wanting?

The chart cast shows a very quick answer? At first is a no, but the moon translates light from the querent (saturn) to venus (school)? So is it a "yes"? Or is it a "no" because the moon, co-significator, doesn't trine or sextile either significators?

Can it safely be said in about 3 time units, querent will hear from the school?

Venus is exalted in pisces, does this show that the school is in very high standing?

The querent's significator is saturn in scorpio, in the MC. Does this mean querent is focused on career? or is he/she the dark horse?

Morpheus

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but the moon translates light from the querent (saturn) to venus (school)?

The Moon is translating light from Jupiter to Saturn...

Moon is in Aquarius while Venus is in Pisces...there is a distance of 33 degrees...Venus is exalted but combust...and guest of honour for today's skyscript forum, mercury is retrograde and in Pisces Laughing

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Morpheus on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
spicav

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horatio wrote:
Quote:

The Moon is translating light from Jupiter to Saturn...

Moon is in Aquarius while Venus is in Pisces...there is a distance of 33 degrees...

Yup, you're right! haha.. my skills are a bit rusty. So it translates to money (2nd house) being offered to querent (saturn)?

what do u think of venus and saturn, are they in aspect?
Morpheus

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every body is making honest mistakes now a days . Mercury Rx Thumbs up Laughing

There is a separating trine between Venus and Saturn ...

Morpheus

spicav

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horatio wrote:
Every body is making honest mistakes now a days . Mercury Rx Thumbs up Laughing

There is a separating trine between Venus and Saturn ...

Yup.. mercury being retrograding is not helping much either.. nor in the chart. haha...

so, venus has just seperated from saturn, what does that indicate? a no answer? was saturn considered before?
Morpheus

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now it would be too much to say...

but lets say... a communication from school/university to Querent

Jupiter is lord of 3rd from 9th house...

Quote:
so, venus has just seperated from saturn, what does that indicate? a no answer? was saturn considered before?

Honestly, I would dare not judge anything, my judgement is usually not correct in Mercury Rx days... Mercury doing nasty things in my Sun Sign Sad Sad

Morpheus

spicav

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horatio wrote:
I now it would be too much to say...

but lets say... a communication from school/university to Querent

Jupiter is lord of 3rd from 9th house...

Quote:

Honestly, I would dare not judge anything, my judgement is usually not correct in Mercury Rx days... Mercury doing nasty things in my Sun Sign Sad Sad

Ya, you're right.. communication from school.. so it's within 1 unit of time? maybe 1 week? Since moon is in aquarius and saturn is in scorpio, and jupiter in gemini, does it indicate a positive communication? could it be a rejection letter, or maybe an interview?
spicav

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops I didn't see your last statement (edit before I clicked quote)

I understand, yeah it's the retrograde lol.. but it's a critical period right now. It's unfortunate that this period is retrograding too. The schools may make some errors in acceptances..

hmm the retrograde ends at the end of this month? is it safe to create a new chart based on the same question?

this chart seems to indicate a neutral answer at best. It seems the school is into themselves (venus exalted) and they dont seem to receive the querent well.. jupiter is also in detriment. maybe the message will be negative..
Clinton Soule

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spicav,

Typically or about 85% time the answer to a horary is in the aspect with the Lord of the matter. In this case it's combust and as Sol typically travels around 57' per day and I haven't checked today but Venus was as of the 3rd traveling about 1 degree and 14 minutes. Since you failed to post a chart with that data or the time, date, place, we can't tell if they will perfect.

But Venus is very much in combustion, and this will explain a lot of what that means:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=716

And Lilly said of combustion as in:

http://www.horary.com/gloss1.html

Quote:
COMBUST - [COMBUSTION.] A Planet is said to be Combust of the Sun, when in the same Sign where the Sun is in, he is not distant from the Sun eight degrees and thirty minutes, either before or after the Sun; as Jupiter in the tenth degree of Aries, and Sun in the eighteenth of Aries; here Jupiter is Combust: or let the Sun be in eighteen of Aries, and Jupiter in twenty eight degrees of Aries, here Jupiter is Combust: and you must observe a Planet is more afflicted when the Sun hastens to conjunction of him, then when the Sun recedes from him; in regard it's the body of the Sun that dos afflict. I allow the moiety of his own Orbs to show the time of Combustion, and not of Jupiter; for by that rule Jupiter should not be combust before he is within four degrees and a half of the Sun. I know many are against this opinion. Use which you find most verity in: the significator of the Querent Combust, shows him or her in great fear, and over powered by some great person.

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men truly know how little they know
BlueMoon

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The querent's ruler Saturn is on the MC - yes, showing that the querent is focused on his/her career.
The co significator of the querent, the Moon, will very soon translate the light of Saturn (querent) to Venus, the grad school (ruler of the 9th).
I see this as a 'yes'.

Venus having just trined Saturn shows us that the querent has had contact with the school (perhaps this signifies the application process).

Although Venus is combust, Venus will not catch the sun while it is in Pisces. Additionally, the Moon's translation of light happens within 3 degrees - a very short number of degrees.

It is very possible the querent could hear from the grad school in 3 weeks time (or 3 days, if that is even a possibility).

Please let us know what happens.

BM
johannes susato

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello BlueMoon,

Obviously you clipped Horatio's advice that the Moon does'nt make any asptect with Venus, because their distance is only 33 degrees!

Johannes
Clinton Soule

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spicav,

Many here are having troubles while Hermes/Mercury runs backwards. But if you go to my post:

Trouble Posting Horoscopes

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6849

If you re-post the horoscope at 75% instead of the Enlarged version, others can see the data, for we do Not even know the data unless we spend some time calculating where and when the planets were in this position.

BlueMoon says:

Quote:
Although Venus is combust, Venus will not catch the sun while it is in Pisces. Additionally, the Moon's translation of light happens within 3 degrees - a very short number of degrees.

Now I can see from this map no aspects to Venus, Lord of the 9H for the Higher Education. *No Aspects* generally mean *No Action*; I did say generally! Nope, without an aspect unless other varibles can come into play this is a No answer!

But it would be great if when people post that if they would give the data(Time, Place, DOB) or a readible horoscope that shows the data within because others may want to calculate it themselves.

It would help many on this Forum community for original posters to include data for future posts. And it's always appreaciated when another posts the horoscope in Regiomontanus at 75% if for some reason the poster is unable to post the horoscope!

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men truly know how little they know
BlueMoon

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies,

I have also suffered the fate of Mercury Retrograde!

The Moon is not in aspect to Venus.

I am 'doing a 180' and I believe the answer is 'no'.

The sun rules the 7th - the competition - and we see Venus, the grad school, chasing the sun - perhaps the grad school is looking elsewhere to fill that open spot.

BM
spicav

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Thanks for the replies, all.

Clinton, thanks for the articles. I have read it. I understand when you speak of the combustion of venus.

Bluemoon, you're right, regarding the sun being "competitors" that venus is 'chasing'!

There was a new chart pulled up. The question was, if a contact was made to a "key" person in the school, will it help things, or reverse the negative outcome?

The chart resulting is also complicated, because we were not sure whether to take the 9th house as signifying the lecturer, or something else. We took the 9th from the 9th, and this still came up to mercury.

Mercury is retrograde, together with Saturn. Incidentally, there is the Moon, caught between both of them again, and this time, the moon is aspected with a conjunction and a trine to both significators. Seems like the moon will touch Mercury first, then move onto Saturn retrograde. Does this mean anything significant?

Seems like the new chart is more positive. But we are not sure horary works this way. We asked a different question, but related.

I have now made the chart smaller (55%) and included tables also for easier reference.

Clinton Soule

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this heresy or blasphemy, or merely a mistake done through ignorance as we all do quite frequently?

In all my studys in Traditionalism from what I understand you can *only ask a horary question one time!*

Now I have heard from those Frawley-ites that Frawley may have allowed such, like months latter, but having not read Frawley as of yet I must depend on the devotion of the Frawley adept students to show his justification.

But from what I understand as I am trying to be a devout Lilly-ite, Not to be confused with 'Lilliput out of the fiction novel, Guliver's Travels', but did Lilly or any Ancient writer allow the same question to be asked again because one does Not like the answer?

Again I'm Not picking on our astro sibling Spicav or anyone else but we all get our ignorance exploded here from time to time as we came here to learn as well as share what we know.

But is there justification for asking the same question again by any Traditional source or Frawley; which some devoted Ultra-Trads find him offensive since he works with Outers!

Again, we can only speculate(?) what the latitude and longitude is on this horary and the rest of the data is Not given; so no one may run up their own calculated horoscope which Mercury Rx wise hinders much input!

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men know how little they know

PS. There is an obvious out on this but it may require relocation. And that is 'apply to another school'! However the lord of the matter ruler is Not the only factor in deciphering the riddle of a horary, see Lilly's point system and you'll understand it is far more complicated than only the matter's lord!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: