Re: Signs and digressions

varuna2 wrote:1) The speed of the Sun in the Signs (Muhurta Chintamani)
Aries 58 kalas (minutes)
Taurus 57 kalas
Gemini 57
Cancer 57
Leo 58
Virgo 59
Libra 60
Scorpio 61
Sagittarius 61
Capricorn 61
Aquarius 60
Pisces 59
This is the varying motion of the Sun through the ecliptic during a year. It is related to the seasonal cycle, meaning that these figures (in a sidereal zodiac) will change slightly over time.
2) Signs rising hindparts first: Aries, Taurus, Cancer, Sagittarius, Capricorn.

Signs rising head first: [Gemini?], Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Aquarius

Signs rising both ways: [Gemini?], Pisces
These divisions seem clearly relate to the constellations.
Hindpart rising Signs and Gemini are under Moon and nocturnal signs.

Headfirst rising Signs are under Sun and diurnal signs.

Pisces is a twilight sign.
I can't recall seeing this division before, and can't say much about its rationale.
3) Stature:

Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus are short

Gemini, Cancer, Sagittarius, Capricorn are medium length

Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio are long
These relate to the rising times of the signs, which means that they will vary both geographically and, in a sidereal zodiac, over time.
https://astrology.martingansten.com/

varuna2 wrote:Sometimes it is a bit tricky reading about Sign characteristics in jyotisha. Does someone feel like clarifying whether the following 3 categories are related to the Solar Cycle or the Sidereal?

It is "Ratribali", meaning powerful at night and "Divabali"-powerful during the day.

varuna2 wrote:Sometimes it is a bit tricky reading about Sign characteristics in jyotisha. Does someone feel like clarifying whether the following 3 categories are related to the Solar Cycle or the Sidereal?

1) The speed of the Sun in the Signs (Muhurta Chintamani)
Aries 58 kalas (minutes)
Taurus 57 kalas
Gemini 57
Cancer 57
Leo 58
Virgo 59
Libra 60
Scorpio 61
Sagittarius 61
Capricorn 61
Aquarius 60
Pisces 59

3) Stature:

Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus are short

Gemini, Cancer, Sagittarius, Capricorn are medium length

Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio are long
Dear friend I'm not getting this please explain, I'm Pisces. discuss it further.
matchmaking || moon signs || love horoscopes

rohitkumar wrote: Dear friend I'm not getting this
Me neither! I'd never understood this headfirst/hindfirst business. I'd assumed assumed it was about the images associated with constellations, except that it doesn't work - unless they imagined some of them as reversed from modern star charts. And I'm none the wiser now. How can Sagittarius, for example, be "under Moon and nocturnal"? It's in the Solar half of the zodiac, ruled by Jupiter, and is an odd ("masculine") sign.
Thanks for any clarification.
Graham

Hi,
Dear Graham and Fvaruna2 thanks a ton for your warm reply, Fvaruna2 I've some confusion, as you mention in these line:
"Certain signs rise with the head first. These are Gemini, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Aquarius. They are called Shirshodaya (rising with head first). Aries, Taurus, Cancer, Sagittarius and Capricorn rise with their hind portion first and they are called Pristhodaya (rising with their hind portion). Pisces rises both ways, that is, it has the characteristics of both types group above is called a Triplicity?" In which sense you are using rises?????

And what the difference in water and non water by behavior or in term of career how these are effected comparably???
"The signs can also be classified purely on the basis of water content in them.
Thus Cancer, Capricorn and Pisces have full water content; Taurus, Sagittarius and Aquarius have half water content; Aries, Libra and Scorpio have quarter water content; and Gemini, Leo and Virgo have no water content."

varuna2 wrote:A document of a treaty was found in 1907 in northern Mesopotamia between the Hittites and Mitani and the deities of the Mitani were invoked in the treaty and the names of the deities were: Mitra, Varuna, Indra, Ashvins.

The Atharva Veda has not traditionally been accepted as a Veda, and it may be a later text with occasional foreign words in it. In the Atharva Veda 5.18.4, there is found a word: Taimata. This word is also found in AV 5.13.6.

?Taimata the brown serpent, the poison that is not fluid, the all-conquering, as the bow-string (is loosened) from the bow, as chariots (from horses). AV 5.13.6

Both Aligi and Viligi, both father and mother, we know your kin everywhere. Deprived of your strength what will you do? AV 5.13.7

The daughter of Urugula, the evil one born with the black ? of all those who have run to their hiding-place, the poison is devoid of force.? AV 5.13.8

Tiamata is allegedly the Tiamat found in the Babylonian Enuma Elish, and borrowed, as usual, in Genesis 1.1-2 with the Hebrew word Tehom, also the Assyrian Tamtu.

Urugula is also an Accadian word which means ?the great city? or the ?city of the dead,? visited by Ishtar looking for Tammuz.

There are allegedly words in the Atharva Veda which are foreign, and this would explain why the text was never accepted as an official veda, since it would have been known in those days, that it was a later hybrid hodge-podge and not a real veda. The Babylonian word for month is borrowed from the Indian word for month: ritu. However, BG Tilak (the source of this information) mentions that he thinks Sinivali is another foreign word, but this is doubtful since this word is also found in the rg veda and is treated in the Nighantu and Nirukta of Yaska.

Further cultural contact information with Mesopotamia and India can be found in the work of BG Tilak.

Ancient India and ancient Egypt came from the same original founding civilization, (study the lists of the first god-kings of various cultures), and yet many people in the West tried to put India?s civilization on basically the same timeline parallel with the Hellenes out of both ignorance and bias.

What does this have to do with watery signs?

Makara or Capricorn is a half-aquatic creature in both Mesopotamian tradition and Indian tradition.

The ?rising? must refer to the sign-constellation on the Ascendant or lagna, and must have something to do with its positioning at those moments.

Water keywords: psychic; emotions; receptive; sentimental; changeable; related to kapha constitution and illnesses; jobs connected with liquids and emotions and chemicals.
Ohhhhhhhhhh... Now I get why I'm so emotional, I always get emotional when when any body is in problem or weeping or in any other problem I'm so kind heartd...it make me in trouble many times.