Why 'Indian' and 'Asian' astrologies in one group?

Good afternoon,

Separated from Indian, what other astrologies, besides Chinese and its variants, are meant by 'Asian', please? I know that there is also Tibetan astrology but not if it is closely related to Indian, Chinese or other astrologies.

May one doubt the appropriateness of grouping together Indian and Chinese astrologies?

To me Indian astrology, a form of horoscopic astrology, seems closely related to Hellenistic astrology in many ways, much more so than to Chinese astrology.

Best regards,

lihin
Non esse nihil non est.

Chinese astrology has its own board, but the question is relevant re: Tibetan astrology. The Tibetans seem to have been familiar with both the Hindu and the Chinese systems. Some Western interpretations give the impression that they mixed the two freely; Tibetan monks themselves have told me that this is not quite accurate. One either practices in the Hindu style or the Chinese style. When I asked them about the Hindu style, they replied that it had very nearly died out in their homeland, but if I wanted to learn about the Hindu style, I might consider contacting a local teacher named.... Kenneth Johnson. (They didn't know who I was.)

It is probably safe to include most of Tibetan astrology under the category of Chinese astrology, unless one is discussing the gyukar or lunar mansions, which are clearly based on Hindu models (and which preserve some extremely cool mythology that I have not been able to find in any Hindu source).

Branches of Tibetan astrology?

Good evening,

Does Tibetan astrology contain all (usually four) branches like Western Mediaeval astrology and special predictive techniques for the latter two, to wit:

- horary

- elective

- natal (including medical)

- mundane?

If not, which, please?

Best regards,

lihin
Non esse nihil non est.

Tibetan astrology certainly contains natal techniques of both Hindu and Chinese origin and inspiration. The lunar mansions -- and I am referring to the Hindu rather than the Chinese -- were called gyukar and were frequently used for electional purposes. The Buddhist text Sardulakarnavadana employs Hindu rather than specifically Buddhist techniques and focuses on nimitta, which was as close to Hindu mundane astrology as you can get. It was translated into Tibetan, but I have not been able to find any examples in which Tibetans adopted the mundane techniques therein. Hindu horary, or prasna, seems not to have reached Tibet; at least, I have never found references to horary in any Tibetan source.

Because There are so many facts which plays a great role in Asian astrology and have a very important place in asian atrology so you can not get all facts independently in Asian so you'll need of Indian astrology.