looks like the second but that would be too easy.Second choice will be 3rd.

I would not have any idea of what makes a pilot, so I got a little bit pragmatic and looked into astro databank in order to see pilots and army members.

From what I could see, what pilots tend to have in common is:

Ruler of the ascendant in an air sign.
MC in an air sign.

And members from a militar organization tend to have:

A martial ascendant (either Aries, Scorpio or Capricorn).
Mercury on a martial sign (or on a solar one).

There were other patterns, not so prevalent, as aspects from Sun to Jupiter, tense relations of Jupiter with Saturn, Venus in tense relations with Saturn, Moon close to Mars by bodily conjunction... I could not delineat these now, but if I get it right, maybe it would be worth a deeper look.

So, I would go with chart number 4, that has Capricorn risign (martial sign), Saturn in Gemini, Mercury in Aries, and Libra culminating.

Chart number two is also very suspicious, but I stand by chart number 4 as my final choice.
Last edited by PFN on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paulo Felipe Noronha

damon wrote:looks like the second but that would be too easy.Second choice will be 3rd.
Er... so it's the second, but probably not, in which case it's the third, unless it does turn out to be the second...

James - couldn't you just ban all second choices: then we could all say our second choice was right!
Also, it would be nice to have a few reasons, however succinct.
Graham

Ok, I'll go the reasoning route, even though I don't think I'm right here. Chart 5 is the closest fit

For a military career that amounts to anything, I'd want to see a strong Mars/Jupiter connection - we've got that here (in 9) and in a few of the other charts as well.

Moon on the ascendant tends to indicate a peripatetic life, or at the least a lot of travel - that fits.

For a pilot, I'd want to also see some 1/9, 1/10, 10/9. 1/9 - the person and travel. 1/10 - again, I'll assume the career is important. 10/9 a profession associated with much travel.

So how are we doing so far?

Ruler of 1, Mars, is in the 9th house conjunct Jupiter. So far so good. Ruler of 9, the Moon, conjuncts the ascendant. North Node is on the 9th cusp as well, so that's another indication.

10/9 we have a cazimi Mercury ruling 10 and trining the Moon, which rules 9. Another check, though cazimi Merc in 8 doesn't strike me as an aviation thing. Still, the connection is there. And the Sun/Merc/Venus conjunction sextiles the MC proper.

1/10 - nothing here except Merc ruling 10 trines the Moon, which sits on the ascendant in not so great dignity, so that's too much of a reach - still - Moon on ascendant is frequent travel and we have the 10 ruler, the Sun, and Venus all in aspect to it.

Ascendant itself is conjunct Zuben Eschemali, but I've never heard of that being connected to aviation, so....

That's about it, really.

Graham Fox wrote:
damon wrote:looks like the second but that would be too easy.Second choice will be 3rd.
Er... so it's the second, but probably not, in which case it's the third, unless it does turn out to be the second... James - couldn't you just ban all second choices: then we could all say our second choice was right! Also, it would be nice to have a few reasons, however succinct. Graham

The thing Graham is,if it werent my experience in the thread about the actor id be sure of chart 2.But I dont believe the OP would make it so easy. But there you are I stick to 2.My cousin is a pilot and an officer,and he didnt need a cardinal sign rising.Aquarius Moon in MC and Gemini Sun/Mercury was enough
Last edited by damon on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No time to participate here at present.

I just wanted to welcome Olivia back to the forum. Great to see you here again!

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hello
I've just posted my reply to this in the sidereal forum, opting for chart 5, with second choice (since that seems to be allowed) chart 3.
Graham
(though I do consider sidereal to be traditional too...)

I vote for the 3rd chart with Sun and Mercury in Gemini. First triplicity rulers are Saturn and Mercury. Both are connected with lights. Saturn represents foundation and intuition (in Pisces), Mercury adult years when man is in top form. Mercury is in superiour square to Saturn. Combination of these two planets makes someone with strong and quick mind (Gemini, air sign), with good reflexes, able to be disciplined and hardworker.
Because Mercury is in the house of Accomplishment (11th from PoF) we can expect somebody successful who loves his work.

Trojan
Reges Subjucent Legibus Stellarum

Merry Xmas to everybody!

And Thank you James for this ultimate Xmas gift!
I have long waited to participate in one of these, but I was always too late to notice..

Here is my shot.

For a pilot, I would expect to see Mercury involved with Mars and some air element in personal planets.

For these reasons I reject numbers 1,4 & 5.

I don?t think it?s #3 either, because of Mars in 12H, where he cannot act as ?militaristic? or ?cruel? as a Mars would. In 12H Mars? energy would be distorted into sports, for instance.

So I put my bets on chart #2. Although the 5H stellium in Gemini might be too strong to keep somebody in military discipline, I think it fits someone who is into aviation for fun and adventure. Moreover, the only thing that aspects the stellium, is that angular Mars-Jupiter conjunction in 7H: he fights for others carrying a surgeon?s ability to manoeuvre an airplane.

Greetings,

Georgia

astrology is complex.. while one might consider what to look for in a chart of someone who has spent a lot of time 'flying' what are the signatures you are looking for regarding a life in the military? i think it needs to be a consideration in all of this as well.. i want to see the rationale for why a particular chart is given and many are doing this. we all have a chance to learn from one another, thru the different process each goes thru to arrive at an answer. i really believe whether you get it right or wrong is for the most part irrelevant.. it is how you arrive at the answer that is most interesting and educational for all of us! thanks again for participating..

I wonder what defines a military man throughout the ages. Are we talking about regular army, guerilla army or mercenary? I mean, is it for the isolation or for the adventure? And what about defending war? Is there a choice to be or not to be militaristic?

From what I've learnt so far from astrology, for a military life (regular army speaking), I'd normally expect the lights and/or the ASC ruler in 6/12H. The truth is that charts#1&3 respond to this, but they wouldn't respond to the flying demand.

That's why I prefered to deal with it through the aviation perspective: I think military pilots must be firstly involved with flying and secondly with the army. I mean, they don't wake up one day and say I wanna join the army and then "oh what to pick up: land, navy or airforce?".

Besides, there has not always been the choice between civil and military aviation; were you a young pilot boy during the 2nd WWR would civil aviation even be a possibility?

Anyway, I used to have a classmate who at the time was the youngest pilot in europe. He must have had Mars in Gemini sextile Mercury+Jupiter in Leo (I only knew he was a Leo that time). He had eyesight problems though, that wouldn't allow him a job in civil aviation. Years later I heard he was in australia flying helicopters. Maybe that's why I picked up the Gem-Leo chart after all..

Georgia

ps: 5th chart disappeared!