will I get the grant?

The question was asked by a friend of mine who is a scientist and wants to know whether & when he is going to get this grant in order to continue his research.
At the time the question was given I was a little busy, and in a quick view I didn?t see anything that much positive or negative. So I decided to put it here in the forum ? maybe members more experienced than me will bring some light.

The ASC fits the querent?s ASC (leo) so I take the chart as radical.
Querent is represented by the Sun, the authority that provides the grant by L10 (Venus). Since both his money (L2) and the grant (L11) are ruled by Mercury, and the chart being a night one, I take Mercury to represent the grant and the Moon his money (Moon has triplicity rulership and is also physically placed in 2H).

Both L10 & L11 (the grant) as well as L7 (a possible competitor) are found in 4H and I wonder what that could possibly mean in such a question. 4H being the end of the matter, could it mean that the grant is literally ended? Moreover, the Moon transfers light from Sun to Mars (L4)

I see the answer to be negative. What do you think?

Thanks,

Georgia

oh well, it might not be radical after all: it proved out he has virgo ASC.. :-?

Looks like a Mercury Rx day today!! Jupiter's day in Gem disposed by Mercury in Sag.. The "opening of the gates" as Andrew Bevan had mentioned in another topic..

Hello Geo

I see you are located in Athens, Greece I assume, and the chart was set up for Houston Texas. Who is in Houston....

Thanks

Geoffrey

PS If you edit your link to the chart and remove the "?1" after the gif, it should work OK.

. . . possibly leo is or was in Houston when the question was asked. :???:
But of course leo should confirm which place is true. I agree with you, Geoffrey and Horatio.

In the meantime we could take the question for both places, Houston and Athens.

I had a quick look at the Houston chart, and if I remember rightly, judged a NO, me seeing no connection - neither by aspect nor by mutual reception - between the Sun or the Moon on the one side and Mercury, significator of the state's grant, on the other side.

Johannes

Two Horary practitioners namely Derek Appleby and Lee Lehman used place of the Querent for constructing of a Horary Chart, with a difference that Lee Lehman only takes place of the Querent when she considers that the Querent is the experienced Querent and had experienced the moment of the Horary.

In the current case, we being not the astrologers of the 'Horary' have to adopt the method preferred by geo, so still waiting for clarification. :???:
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Horatio wrote: Lee Lehman only takes place of the Querent when she considers that the Querent is the experienced Querent and had experienced the moment of the Horary.
We, of course, do exactly the same all the time on this forum, whenever somebody puts up a chart for us to delineate. Has anybody previously questioned whether this process is actually valid?

A flick through the atlas reveals that there is a town called Athens in Texas, USA. Of course, if Georgia is a good Texan, she might think it quite right to assume Athens as an unqualified location means Athens, Texas rather than Athens, Greece :wink:

I also get the notion that this question was put to Georgia by a 'scientist' as a test of astrology, which of course destroys the question entirely. See Saturn, ruler of the 7th, applies square to the ascendant.

Geoffrey

Horatio wrote: [1.]Two Horary practitioners namely Derek Appleby and Lee Lehman used place of the Querent for constructing of a Horary Chart, with a difference that Lee Lehman only takes place of the Querent when she considers that the Querent is the experienced Querent and had experienced the moment of the Horary.

[2.]In the current case, we being not the astrologers of the 'Horary' have to adopt the method preferred by geo, so still waiting for clarification.
1. And they are not the first to do so, and I think it is absolute mainstream.

My idea was, because we got no answer by Georgia as then and as yet, to judge twice: one question for Houston Texas, as given, and one for Athens, Greece, the location mentioned by Geoffrey at first. Fortunately I only looked at the Houston Chart . . .

2. For a serious judgement I would follow the mainstream, other opinions evenatually experimentally, even if Georgia had a dissenting opinion.

Johannes

Geoffrey wrote:A flick through the atlas reveals that there is a town called Athens in Texas, USA. Of course, if Georgia is a good Texan, she might think it quite right to assume Athens as an unqualified location means Athens, Texas rather than Athens, Greece :wink:
Thanks for this investigation and the correction (?) of your assumption of the day before yesterday, you saying:
"I see you are located in Athens, Greece I assume, and the chart was set up for Houston Texas. Who is in Houston...."
Geoffrey wrote:I also get the notion that this question was put to Georgia by a 'scientist' as a test of astrology, which of course destroys the question entirely. See Saturn, ruler of the 7th, applies square to the ascendant.
I never heard of this rule, Geoffrey. But surely you can give a quotation?
Lord 7 afflicts the ascendant. Then - if at all - the querent would be afflicted by the astrologer. But you claim the astrology/the astrologer was tested if my understanding of your text is right.

Johannes

Johannes wrote:
1. And they are not the first to do so, and I think it is absolute mainstream.
I think that i was not clear enough. The mainstream is that the horary chart is constructed for the place where astrologer is located, whereas in Derek and Lee Lehman system the chart might be constructed for the place where Querent is located. This applies when Querent and Astrologer are living at different places and question has been accepted either through phone or through email.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/