pankajdubey wrote: Maybe both are correct but something got lost in translation and the latitude got confused with the longitude.
PD
for me personally the above quote is the critical quote from pankajdubey which i am inclined to agree with.

meanwhile - yukionna - let me get back to you on that in the next week when i have some more time.

larxene - you are talking longitude with no mention of latitude.. i don't know what the old texts say, but i see it the same way as martin who is quoting from a few interpretations of paulus in those quotes he gives on the other thread he started.. i don't think it makes much sense the position you offer here about what defines 1 degree.. better not switch zodiacs either or these degree numbers all go out the window..

does anyone else have any specific thoughts on the use of latitude in relation to the concept of cazimi?

Interesting theory Larxene, thanks. One would really have to look at many charts as was suggested earlier to know the validity of both views.
So in case of the Venus I mentioned, it would be Cazimi in latitude as well. That makes sense in the chart. I will have to review the charts where I dismissed it because of a couple of minutes too much of a difference. It may explain a thing or two.
Yuki

James_m,

I don't have any comments about latitude because I rarely read about them in the ancient texts I am reading. Also, I have not really studied Paul of Alexandria's work yet, so my opinions may change as I read more books and investigate more charts.

Yukionna,

Indeed, we do have to test the hypothesis in order to determine whether it works. We need to keep in mind that most of the ancient texts were destroyed by fire or natural phenomena, so that the texts we have now may not paint a complete picture. We have to compensate for that through our own experimentation and reasoning.

Larxene Xenohart
Interested in Hellenistic astrology? Visit my blog.

The appearance changes, but the essence remains.