what form of predictive astrology best suited for this?

As an amateur, I am aware of various techniques that can be used to address specific concerns or indicate expectations in the near future. I know these include looking at secondary progressions, sometimes transits, solar returns and casting horary charts.

My question is what might be the best thing for me to use to try to understand why I am striking out on the career front as badly as I have and when/where I might want to turn to as a hint of where I can find some success in landing an opportunity.

I should preface this by putting forth that I have NEVER struggled so much on the job front and it's come at a time when I turned age 40, am returning to the work front after a very long maternity leave and have psychologically struggled over whether I want to continue my current career and how flexible/many hours I really want to work. However, now at a critical financial juncture, I really need to land something and soon. My mind is still kind of in a muddle in terms of not being convinced I want to work FT in corporate again but I am more interested than I have been for a long time in doing something again professionally.

So, I'm interested in the when, what area might find me to have the most luck/success in the job and also if possible, a hint of how to get on the right path there.

Many thanks for suggestions!

Hello and welcome!

Hardly would anyone tell you anything without seeing your natal chart.

If you don't mind post it so we can give our judgment on the question.

Are you asking for a look into your chart or you are asking for suggestion for astrological techniques in order to look for your self?

Overriding mundane concerns?

Good morning,

Although visible career and work matters of an individual human can be evaluated with the geniture, Klaudios Ptolomaios placed mundane astrology prior to natal astrology in his Tetrabiblos. He advised a top-down approach, first mundane, then individual factors.

Ms or Mr Starlights lives in a specific place in a region of a country and is subject to the mundane constraints of these placements as well as to global constraints like continued human population explosion coupled with global warming and other devastating effects of humans' poisoning of nature. Employment outlook, for example, will be more favourable in a town/region/country will relatively high employment levels. Thus, preparedness to relocate might enhance employment perspectives.

Individuals are also subject to the rhythms of their particular generation and to the usual rhythm of a human life, also discussed by Ptolemy and many others by planetary periods. In southern Europe one currently finds the expression "generaci?n perdida" (lost generation) applied to an age bandwidth of young adults experiencing chronic, very high unemployment levels between 25 and 50 %. Prior generations often carried through revolutions in such circumstances; the current young one appears to have less zeal. Here again, mundane astrology could perhaps yield pertinent analyses.

Blaming or praising oneself for everything when one is faring not much better nor worse than many of one's contemporaries might be a suboptimal approach.

Best regards,

lihin
Last edited by lihin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Non esse nihil non est.

My question is what might be the best thing for me to use to try to understand why I am striking out on the career front as badly as I have and when/where I might want to turn to as a hint of where I can find some success in landing an opportunity.
Any form of astrology can answer your queries, however, I would suggests you to ask your current and former bosses and colleagues regarding what went wrong and how it could be remedied. It works better than seeking solace from astrology.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Konrad wrote:I'd say Talismanic or Stellar magic would be a good remedy for your situation if the nativity shows a difficult period. I know there are windows coming up for a couple of good fixed star rings in March and April.
Hello Konrad,

Can you tell us/me what you are referring to?? Sounds like I could use some magic about now!! And what are fixed star rings??
Thanks!

Hi Morning Sun,

I refer to rituals in which you take specific gems and engrave images on them at astrologically-chosen times. This then gives different effects depending on which star you are offering to. There are also many Talismans which are planet-based or house-based or decan-based in the Picatrix. Chris Warnock has a lot of information on this subject and here is a link to the 15 fixed stars that can be offered to:

http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/her ... stars.html
http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com

I agree with Ile that you need to start with your natal chart. Then different types of work will show up as different planets, signs, and/or houses. For one thing, are you in the best career for your talents? I would suggest that you run through several differing predictive methods, starting with transits. If nothing pops out with them, then move onto progressions and additional methods.

If what you want is a "yes or no" type of answer, horary may be a better bet.

Some of us would balk at making offerings to stars. I think the answers lie within you and your place in the cosmos.

Good luck with your job search!

Konrad wrote:Hi Morning Sun,

I refer to rituals in which you take specific gems and engrave images on them at astrologically-chosen times. This then gives different effects depending on which star you are offering to. There are also many Talismans which are planet-based or house-based or decan-based in the Picatrix. Chris Warnock has a lot of information on this subject and here is a link to the 15 fixed stars that can be offered to:

http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/her ... stars.html
Hello Konrad,

Thanks for the explanation. Never heard of that before, not something I am interested in, but thanks for the info!!

waybread wrote:Some of us would balk at making offerings to stars. I think the answers lie within you and your place in the cosmos.!
Then the same people would probably have to understand that what you are offering to and what you suggest to do is actually the same thing. Call it a retuning of the radio.

Here is a quote from an Indian Upanishad I was shown which opened up the whole Universe to me:
Therefore now also he who thus knows that he is Brahman, becomes all
this, and even the Devas cannot prevent it, for he himself is their
Self. Now if a man worships another deity, thinking the deity is one and
he another, he does not know. He is like a beast for the Devas. For
verily, as many beasts nourish a man, thus does every man nourish the
Devas. If only one beast is taken away, it is not pleasant; how much
more when many are taken! Therefore it is not pleasant to the Devas that
men should know this.
The offering is about respect and purity, not deference. That would be Abrahamic conditioning.
http://www.esmaraldaastrology.wordpress.com