I don't thnk there's a blankety answer to this because it really depends on the chart and what Pluto might be signifying as to whether it is relevant in the judgement of your chart.

I personally wouldn't disregard Pluto in horary or in any chart. To me its effects are too obvious. ESPECIALLY if Pluto is on an angle or in an angular house. If somebody was asking about a change of career direction and I saw Pluto slap-bang on the MC, how could I as an astrologer responsibly ignore this very obvious symbol of career transformation?

Hey folks,
Thanks very much for the feedback.
My question came up because I have a relationship horary which looks good for the two people involved.
However, the final aspects of the three main significators AND, last of all, the moon, are two conjunctions, a trine and a sextile to Pluto in Sag.
Both individuals are very fire-heavy AND very Plutonian.
My humble interpretation is that the final outcome of the quesitted relationship will be deep emotional and psychological transformation. I want to tell teh querent that the prospects look good but that he should be ready for HEAVY, deep changes and ready to work at them if things are to turn out well and not explode in their faces.
Does that sound legit to you folks?
PL

Do we disregard Pluto entirely in Horary?
I do. It's unlikely that I'll be asked for a horary on a nuclear power or pest control issue, so I've felt pretty safe doing that so far.

Just feel like joining in for a moment as it's been a boring day.

But then I pretty much ignore Pluto in natal work as well, so maybe I don't count.

Natally btw I have Pluto square Sun. I know this because a psychologically oriented astrologer was appalled fairly recently that I hadn't noticed. I normally have the power of a squashed slug, so maybe that's why it hadn't sunk in.
Does the maleficness of Pluto cancel out the positive element?
Not for me. The outer planets are a bit "outside". Once in a while, in fact in a horary I did earlier today, Pluto appears to describe some relevant background. However, the same info could easily have been gleaned elsewhere from the chart.

In the end I suppose you just try it and see. But personally, in the quest of throwing as much clutter as possible out of the window, I tend to ignore the outer planets and hope that they'll ignore me in return.
If somebody was asking about a change of career direction and I saw Pluto slap-bang on the MC, how could I as an astrologer responsibly ignore this very obvious symbol of career transformation?
Perhaps it boils down to the type of people you do charts for. I simply don't deal with people who transform often, they're more interested in getting a job, any job. And I'm being serious here although I sound flippant.

I'd better stop before I start getting into removing all non Ptolemaic aspects or something.

Best,

Kim

I'm not sure what the horary experts would say, but to me that sounds like an entirely sensible and reasonable interpretation. If it was only trines and sextiles, the transformation may be gradual and not that noticeable, but throw in some conjunctions and hard angles to Pluto and some kind of transformation will be very noticeable to one or more of the parties (to put it mildly - in particular I don't think I could ever ignore a Moon-Pluto conjunction, square or opposition in any relationship chart (horary, composite or synastric)

I wouldn't normally dive in again so fast but my response was delayed because yours was coming in :D
However, the final aspects of the three main significators AND, last of all, the moon, are two conjunctions, a trine and a sextile to Pluto in Sag. Both individuals are very fire-heavy AND very Plutonian.
My humble interpretation is that the final outcome of the quesitted relationship will be deep emotional and psychological transformation. I want to tell teh querent that the prospects look good but that he should be ready for HEAVY, deep changes and ready to work at them if things are to turn out well and not explode in their faces.
Does that sound legit to you folks?
It depends what they asked. Ok, what you described sounds like a heavy dose of Pluto. But is that actually relevant to the question? Perhaps sadly, I find that few people want to deeply transform and it does little good to tell them they ought to. And is the theme repeated elsewhere?

I think consistency is the key. If you've relied heavily on Pluto in your natal interpretations, it's probably difficult at the least to ignore it in a related horary.

But on balance, even if Pluto appears to be relevant and add information to your horary analysis, personally, I wouldn't regard its effects as cancelling out any positive elements in the chart. that places a quality judgment on transformation.

Kim
[/quote]

Perhaps it boils down to the type of people you do charts for. I simply don't deal with people who transform often, they're more interested in getting a job, any job. And I'm being serious here although I sound flippant.
Well i do detect a tone of flippancy, sorry! I know "transform" sounds like a very grand word, perhaps "change" is better. I don't know about you, but I've had many clients who have been interested in career changes, or finding a career that is a better reflection of who they are, or finding a more meaningful role instead of carrying on in a "dead-end" job where they feel bored and unfulfilled.
In the end I suppose you just try it and see. But personally, in the quest of throwing as much clutter as possible out of the window, I tend to ignore the outer planets and hope that they'll ignore me in return.
I'm all for throwing out unnecessary clutter too, but I am surprised that you think of Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto as "clutter." (Rather, in that category I might put lists of asteroids, stars, dark moons, midpoints etc etc....as including all of these in the chart can lead to too many interpretive factors).

While I can readily accept an argument that the outer planets should play a much more limited role (or even no role) in horary astrology, I don't think you can ignore them in natal astrology and still give accurate and valid interpretations.

I understand that many of the astrologers who post on this site would class themselves as "traditional astrologers," and might place little or no emphasis on the outer planets in interpretations. I'm sure there are good reasons for that. But I think we reach a point where we have to decide "do the outer planets 'work' or don't they? Do they have an effect or do they not?" My conclusion would have to be, based on my own empirical observations, over many years, is "yes they do!"

Perhaps their most obvious effect can be felt by way of transit to natal planets.

I don't know how many astrologers - even "traditional" astrologers - could look me in the eye, hand on heart, and say they would expect no significant upsets when they saw in their ephemeris that, say, Uranus was opposing their Sun, with Neptune crossing their Ascendant, and Pluto squaring the Moon and Mars!! I would find it surprising, honestly, if any person could say that such a period "was humdrum and ordinary!"

If a client asked me what to expect from a new relationship, with a man she had just met, and I saw Pluto opposing her natal Venus for the next year or so, I think I would be quite wrong to ignore Pluto and tell her that the relationship would be all peaches and cream! I feel I would be giving inaccurate, possibly negligent advice. And I have plenty of Venus-Pluto case studies in my file to back this up!

Of course, what weight one might give the outer planets in any given chart will differ greatly depending on the type of chart analysis I was conducting.....but I certainly do not feel I could ignore them entirely if I was considering transits to a natal chart.