Cheiro on Edward the VIII

"Born as he was in that part of the month of June that makes a peculiar period for astrological calculations...the Prince may be trusted to have decided views on love, and also will present the characteristics of apparent change that are baffling to those who cannot understand the significance of seeming alternations of 'hot' and 'cold'. For persons born under such peculiar astrological conditions exhibit remarkable fluctuations of feeling - they pass from ardour to indifference almost in a few seconds, and they are very liable to be charged with inconstancy."

"...but it is well within the range of possibility, owing to the peculiar planetary influences to which he is subjected, that he will in the end fall a victim of a devastating love affair. If he does, I predict that the Prince will give up everything, even the chance of being crowned, rather than lose the object of his affection."

World Predictions (1930)
Chapter III: The House of Windsor and its Destiny

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?wgid ... FZ_AQyLP-o

Thanks for that Mansoor.

A remarkably accurate prediction in the light of subsequent events :shock:

A pity Cheiro doesn't go into more astrological specifics in his delineation. On a quick scan one thing that does strike me is the Moon in Pisces forming a square to Pluto and Neptune.

Of course Cheiro was better known as one of the outstanding palmists/psychics of his day. I wonder if he had previously done a palmistry reading for the then heir apparent which may have influenced this prediction in the book? It doesn't seem too improbable.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Tue May 28, 2013 10:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Apart from prediction mentioned above there have been other predictions in this book which are breath taking.
I hadn't given this author any attention before but the above prediction is certainly quite striking. I would be interested in reading his book.

Another point that hits me is the Venus on Algol link in British royal family charts. We have it not only in the chart of Edward VIII but also Princess Diana and her son Prince William. Lets hope his destiny is less tragic!

Incidentally I take it Mansoor =Gryffindor now?

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Here is a wikipedia link for Cheiro:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheiro

It states Cheiro commented following a reading for the Prince of Wales (later Edward VIII) "I would not be surprised if he did not give up everything, including his right to be crowned, for the woman he loved."

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Mon May 27, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Teacher's teacher (Natal Astrology) and Cheiro were on intimate terms. One thing I can say with confidence is the 'School of Occult' from which he came, the disciples are required to take an 'Oath' not to reveal what their true system is. His Books on Palmistry, Numerology and Astrology does not tell what he really practised.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

I dont like astrological writers who pull the ladder up behind them when it comes to explaining their predictions. It leaves the rest of us no wiser how they got there.

What is the use of such astrological writings?

I can see how this helps this person's career/reputation but it does nothing for the art. I dont see such secrecy as in any way genuinely 'spiritual'.

However, I suspect much of Cheiro's method was based on his natural psychic ability. Such a psychic gift cannot be reduced to a technique or repeatable methodology.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I respect you comments

but..

Mark Wrote:
However, I suspect much of Cheiro's method was based on his natural psychic ability. Such a psychic gift cannot be reduced to a technique or repeatable methodology.
Can Any body have this psychic ability which never fails and is accurate to the day on a consistent basis?

Read his

Confessions: Memoirs of a Modern Seer

and please also read this

http://www.mymuseumoflondon.org.uk/blog ... young-man/
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

hi mark,

i think it is an interesting question on how cheiro arrived at his conclusion. my remembrance ab out cheiro is that he used numerology quite a bit. i don't know how that might have played into his prediction, but here are some passing thoughts on what i see. however i won't make the prediction he did!

here is cheiro's chart fwiw.
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Cheiro

moon in pisces is a dominant theme in so far as it rules the sun in cancer and puts a real emphasis on the feminine side of his nature. perhaps this in combination with venus in taurus another strong feminine position puts the chart in a position to be more strongly influenced by feminine energy, specifically thru the influence of an important women in his life? perhaps as you point out mark, venus in proximity to algol is another factor. saturn in libra might not seem to account for much unless the connection to moon via 135 degree aspect is considered where the aspect is quite close.. this would also seem to suggest the possibility of a relationship involving one's undoing of sorts.

another modern viewpoint is sun at the venus/uranus midpoint by 45..

sun is at the ascendant/midheaven midpoint which suggests the royalty theme and someone of some type of eminence as i see it.

the way the prediction explains it, the seasonal factor is an important consideration. he mentions very little astrology in it and it is a shame he isn't forthright in his reason for the prediction. our loss and i agree with mark that it really is of no benefit to the astro community and leaves us wondering how much of it is based on psychic ability verses a connection to astrology.. regarding psychic ability, i don't believe it is fool proof either!

Mark wrote:Thanks for that Mansoor.

A remarkably accurate prediction in the light of subsequent events :shock:

A pity Cheiro doesn't go into more astrological specifics in his delineation. One thing that does strike me is the T-square to Uranus and Pluto with the apex planet being the Moon in Pisces.

Of course Cheiro was better known as one of the outstanding palmists/psychics of his day. I wonder if he had previously done a palmistry reading for the then heir apparent which may have influenced this prediction in the book? It doesn't seem too improbable.

Mark

It seems to me Cheiro didn't want others to understand his exact method. Perhaps due to some oath as claimed above. Perhaps also because the method was not replicatable. The bottom line is that all we can do now is speculate on how he reached his predictions.

All this discussion on trying to resurrect his technique reminds me of discussions about the techniques of WD Gann. Gann claimed to combine astrology, geometry, and mathematics to make correct financial forecasts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._D._Gann

He wrote lots of books on his ideas but putting together his exact technique has kept financial analysts busy to this today. Quite a few people have concluded he was holding some things back.

Still, if you have an interest in mathematics as well astrology or financial astrology intrigues Gann's ideas are a fascinating topic:

http://www.schoolofgann.com/Default.aspx?tabid=87

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Tue May 28, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

hey mark,

take a look at the chart again and tell me if you see anything that suggests the prediction given by cheiro? i am still curious as to what you or others think astrologically on the chart. the only other observation i had on the chart of edward V111 was related to midpoints, specifically the venus/neptune midpoint which holds the moon and saturn by square and 135 aspect.. this overall pattern implies to me the idea of a romantic type love that leads to renunciation on the part of the person. and again, there is no way that i would be making a prediction of this kind with this info either! i remain curious/mystified by cheiros prediction and it is a shame we can't know the basis for it.

James M wrote:
hey mark,

take a look at the chart again and tell me if you see anything that suggests the prediction given by cheiro?
I would have focused on his fixed stars as usual rather like you always go for midpoints. To take a literal reading Venus on Algol does indicate losing your head over some woman/women you desire. Also he has Acrab on the MC (what Robson called Graffias). A very malefic fixed star of the nature of Mars and Saturn. These stars alone could suggest some serious set back during his reign and the possibility of a relationship being the cause.

The Moon in Pisces is the sect light here. Pisces certainly has a romantic and self sacrificing side. Its disposited by Jupiter, which is in the 5th WSH. Jupiter is out of sect and in its sign of detriment. This indicates the playboy spendthrift, and a series of rather shallow sexual relationships (Gemini).

Using a hellenistic (and Indian) interpretation the Moon ruling the 6th house is quite unfortunate. The 7th house ruler is also in the 6th WSH. In hellenistic astrology the 6th is illness, slaves and enemies. I seem to recall Rob Hand looked at this chart in his book on WSH and concluded this Moon ruling the 6th represented his very difficult relationship with his Mother (old Queen Mary) and the sense in which he perceived her as inimical to his interests.

We see his highly controversial choice of wife (Wallace Simpson) signified by Sun in Cancer in the 6th. Her background as not only a commoner and a foreigner but a worst of all a divorcee made her a completely unacceptable choice as a royal consort for the British establishment of the day. Still Edwards's bond to her was very strong ( Moon-trine to Sun). This association though would make Edward quite literally an outcast in his own country. So this relationship fulfilled the 6th house nature of his Moon by weakening the power of Edward.

Saturn is the ASC and 12th house ruler. It is exalted in Libra here and trine to Jupiter. However, Saturn is the out of sect malefic in the 9th. Edward certainly had a degree of status abroad but it was really one of a rather lonely exile whether Governor of Bermuda or later living in France.

So would I get from the chart his relinquishing the throne?

Hard to say when I know so much about his life and how the themes in his chart played out. Its all 20/20 vision now in hindsight. I think I would be able to gleam from the chart a troubled and unfortunate reign and difficulties with women. However, Cheiro's prediction was very bold and incredibly specific considering Edward was still the Prince of Wales in 1930.

Although even if he had been allowed to marry I still think Edward might have had to abdicate later. Indeed considering Edward's pro Nazi sympathies its as well he did abdicate when he did. Otherwise his political beliefs could have finished off the UK monarchy in WWII or led to calls for his abdication for that reason alone during WWII.

Files that have recently been released show how worried the UK government was during WWII that Edward was communicating with axis intermediaries in Europe after the outbreak if war. In the event of a British defeat Hitler would have certainly sought to put Edward back on the British throne. Hence it seems Edward's departure for Bermuda was a definite strategy by the UK government to get him as far away from Europe (and German/axis influence) as possible.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Thu May 30, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.