Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Hot Sex at Skyscript

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
###

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Hot Sex at Skyscript Reply with quote

The topic ĎEighth House and Sexí has been quite the event lately. In four and a half days there have been 89 replies and 853 views. This intrigued me into checking out the birth of this monster, which happened on Jan. 15, í05 @ 2:19 pm. I got the impression from an old forum post that Deb is located in Nottingham so that is the location I am using. If I am wrong it will hopefully not change things much. (Deb, is it possible to post the chart?) I get an Ascendant of 03 Cancer 24 and am using Placidus houses.

Well, look at that! The Sun is in the 8th house opposed to its dispositor, Saturn, in the 2nd. Saturn is the ruler of the 8th and is having a time of it with his detriment in Cancer and a bit of a square from Jupiter in the 5th. Or maybe Jupiter is the one having the rough time with the square from a frustrated Saturn. Mars is all over the place in Sagittarius and is getting excited by the sextile to his dispositor, 5th house Jupiter.

This ready-to-go-anywhere Mars disposits the 11th house Moon. The Moon, which rules the Ascendant, is sharing that Mars excitement in feisty Aries and is closing in on a square to an extremely tight Mercury-Venus conjunction in Capricorn (disposited by Saturn) in the 7th. Mercury rules the 5th and is fighting it out with that pugnacious Moon concerning his 5th house territory. Rather interesting, isnít it?
Sue

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kirk,

Interesting. I was thinking about this earlier but I didn't think to draw up a chart. No wonder none of us will give up on our point of view. I have been having a lot of difficulty expressing my views clearly though. It is interesting that the Sun, ruler of the 3rd house of communication, is in the 8th.

Just for fun, I clicked on the interpretation in the chart (I have Solar Fire). This is what it says about Sun in the 8th:

Quote:
Transformation is your key to self-learning. Death, sexuality and external resources are important in your life.

As for Jupiter in the 5th:

Quote:
You search for ways of expanding your creative self-expression. You may be inspired by children or vise versa. You like the freedom to express your sense of fun and creativity.

So I guess with the Moon squaring Mercury like that, there was bound to be a little tension.
###

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the little beastís chart the 5th and 8th houses each contain one planet. The 5th gets Jupiter and the 8th gets the Sun. Itís interesting to reflect on the meanings of these planets and see how they play out in the thread. Currently Christianity is the focus, so Jupiter seems to be having his way. The Sun in the 8th doesn't see the irony of singing ďIíve Got to Be MeĒ in a mortuary.
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why pick on my location? I didnít start the thread. I didnít even join it until the end of page 4! Itís Kim Farnellís fault and sheís based in London. Iíve been around too long to know that you donít start a discussion on astrology and sex unless youíve had a weekís holiday before you start and can have a weekís holiday when youíve done. So Iíve set this chart for London Ė if it has any merit itís surely as an event chart for the time Kim decided to kick the discussion off. (Doesnít make much difference to the cusps).

Itís interesting that Venus, ruler of the 5th house (of sex) and of course the natural ruler of sexual activity, is in a partile conjunction with Mercury and receiving the square of the Moon, showing a great deal of active, though generally friendly, discussion. The conjunction in the 7th house shows the discussion is blighted by opposing views. Jupiter the Greater Benefic is in the 5th house, illustrating the benefits bestowed upon those who employ the 5th house in matters of this nature. The Sun is in the 8th house showing the focus of attention is there, but its opposition to peregrine and detrimented Saturn clearly indicates such views are faulty and based upon a negative assumption. In another way it's telling us that the only true meaning of the 8th house is death, loss or painful situations.

Thatís a perfectly valid interpretation donít you think? Laughing
###

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could say that Kim gave birth to a monster, but as we donít want to anger her and lose her very interesting posts we wonít say that. I have heard that London is a very wicked city.

Your interpretation is very astute but possibly suffers from a slant to one side. These errors do creep in. I would like to point out that Venus in Capricorn is wearing her sensible pumps and can cover the terrain as well as the next planet. She may be receiving some attitude from the pugnacious Aries Moon, but with a rather large stone in her handbag she is well aware of her ability to hold her own once that handbag is set into motion.
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your interpretation is very astute but possibly suffers from a slant to one side.

You mean you think there is a bias affecting my judgement ?!?

Good lord, I'm just sticking to the rules!
Laughing
###

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know...There just might be something to those rules. Idea
Kim Farnell

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We could say that Kim gave birth to a monster, but as we donít want to anger her and lose her very interesting posts we wonít say that. I have heard that London is a very wicked city.

I'm IN London, but not FROM London, so I can live with that :-)

That whole thread scares me now. I'll come back in a snotty fashion with footnoted references to protect me soon.

Of course, the fact that my Venus is at 25 Cap 20 and my Sun at 14 Sag 19 is probably totally irrelevant to this discussion Very Happy

Kim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
###

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim,

I appreciate a well-done snotty fashion. But I look for footnoted references.

I will politely go along with London as our location, but I glance with trepidation at Nottingham. The Skyscript forum is the heartbeat of our collective comings and goings, but we are minor players. Skyscript is the mother beast, and she gave birth to her beastling.

Kirk
granny_skot

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attempting to bite my tongue on all the Robin Hood references racing through my head!

Granny
kurgal

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That whole thread scares me now. I'll come back in a snotty fashion with footnoted references to protect me soon.

Err....okay!! (hides under table) Laughing

Yes it is a rather scary, feisty thread. but I haven't seen Kevin post for, gosh, two whole days now!! what's up Kevin, out hunting up (or down??) some more references??? Laughing
###

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been an ingrateóI never thanked Deb for posting the chart. Itís nice to see that sex is still going strong at Skyscript. What with all the talk of genitalia, pregnancy and power, that Sun-Saturn opposition seems to be holding itís own just fine. I wasnít expecting the recent turn to the merits of horary, though.
###

Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sex has come back to life at Skyscript, along with spring and the Easter Bunny. Is love in the air?

At the April 11th topic resurgence Mars approaching the Ascendant may have wanted to see some action. Perhaps the transiting Sun activating the Sun-Saturn opposition has been wanting to take care of unfinished business and melt away the cold-hearted barrier of denial. Venus in her sign of exaltation, traveling high in the 10th house and applying sextile the radix 7th house Venus-Mercury conjunction was undoubtedly ready for some fun. Soon she will be conjoining transiting Uranus and squaring radix Mars. Yep, somethingís in the air all right.

Letís not allow this forum topic to go unappreciated. Itís time for us Skyscript Forum members to offer Kim our heartfelt thanks for giving us sex.
Kim Farnell

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, now I feel mean for getting cross a little earlier Sad

Thanks for keeping tabs on the beastling Kirk.

Quote:
Letís not allow this forum topic to go unappreciated. Itís time for us Skyscript Forum members to offer Kim our heartfelt thanks for giving us sex.

I appreciate your sentiments - while being torn between wondering what you did on cold winter nights before I came along, and worrying about the responsibility of it all...Shocked

Kim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
granny_skot

Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: 8th house Reply with quote

Okay I osted int he regular horary section as well, but thought this thread might be a useful place to also inquire. asside from death, debt, and spouses wealth, what other adjectives would you sue for the 8th house, I've come accross it in some charts where it just didnt' make sense to me?

thoughts appreciated,

Granny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: