Hot Sex at Skyscript

The topic ?Eighth House and Sex? has been quite the event lately. In four and a half days there have been 89 replies and 853 views. This intrigued me into checking out the birth of this monster, which happened on Jan. 15, ?05 @ 2:19 pm. I got the impression from an old forum post that Deb is located in Nottingham so that is the location I am using. If I am wrong it will hopefully not change things much. (Deb, is it possible to post the chart?) I get an Ascendant of 03 Cancer 24 and am using Placidus houses.

Well, look at that! The Sun is in the 8th house opposed to its dispositor, Saturn, in the 2nd. Saturn is the ruler of the 8th and is having a time of it with his detriment in Cancer and a bit of a square from Jupiter in the 5th. Or maybe Jupiter is the one having the rough time with the square from a frustrated Saturn. Mars is all over the place in Sagittarius and is getting excited by the sextile to his dispositor, 5th house Jupiter.

This ready-to-go-anywhere Mars disposits the 11th house Moon. The Moon, which rules the Ascendant, is sharing that Mars excitement in feisty Aries and is closing in on a square to an extremely tight Mercury-Venus conjunction in Capricorn (disposited by Saturn) in the 7th. Mercury rules the 5th and is fighting it out with that pugnacious Moon concerning his 5th house territory. Rather interesting, isn?t it?

Hi Kirk,

Interesting. I was thinking about this earlier but I didn't think to draw up a chart. No wonder none of us will give up on our point of view. I have been having a lot of difficulty expressing my views clearly though. It is interesting that the Sun, ruler of the 3rd house of communication, is in the 8th.

Just for fun, I clicked on the interpretation in the chart (I have Solar Fire). This is what it says about Sun in the 8th:
Transformation is your key to self-learning. Death, sexuality and external resources are important in your life.
As for Jupiter in the 5th:
You search for ways of expanding your creative self-expression. You may be inspired by children or vise versa. You like the freedom to express your sense of fun and creativity.
So I guess with the Moon squaring Mercury like that, there was bound to be a little tension.

In the little beast?s chart the 5th and 8th houses each contain one planet. The 5th gets Jupiter and the 8th gets the Sun. It?s interesting to reflect on the meanings of these planets and see how they play out in the thread. Currently Christianity is the focus, so Jupiter seems to be having his way. The Sun in the 8th doesn't see the irony of singing ?I?ve Got to Be Me? in a mortuary.

Why pick on my location? I didn?t start the thread. I didn?t even join it until the end of page 4! It?s Kim Farnell?s fault and she?s based in London. I?ve been around too long to know that you don?t start a discussion on astrology and sex unless you?ve had a week?s holiday before you start and can have a week?s holiday when you?ve done. So I?ve set this chart for London ? if it has any merit it?s surely as an event chart for the time Kim decided to kick the discussion off. (Doesn?t make much difference to the cusps).
It?s interesting that Venus, ruler of the 5th house (of sex) and of course the natural ruler of sexual activity, is in a partile conjunction with Mercury and receiving the square of the Moon, showing a great deal of active, though generally friendly, discussion. The conjunction in the 7th house shows the discussion is blighted by opposing views. Jupiter the Greater Benefic is in the 5th house, illustrating the benefits bestowed upon those who employ the 5th house in matters of this nature. The Sun is in the 8th house showing the focus of attention is there, but its opposition to peregrine and detrimented Saturn clearly indicates such views are faulty and based upon a negative assumption. In another way it's telling us that the only true meaning of the 8th house is death, loss or painful situations.

That?s a perfectly valid interpretation don?t you think? :lol:

We could say that Kim gave birth to a monster, but as we don?t want to anger her and lose her very interesting posts we won?t say that. I have heard that London is a very wicked city.

Your interpretation is very astute but possibly suffers from a slant to one side. These errors do creep in. I would like to point out that Venus in Capricorn is wearing her sensible pumps and can cover the terrain as well as the next planet. She may be receiving some attitude from the pugnacious Aries Moon, but with a rather large stone in her handbag she is well aware of her ability to hold her own once that handbag is set into motion.

Your interpretation is very astute but possibly suffers from a slant to one side.
You mean you think there is a bias affecting my judgement ?!?

Good lord, I'm just sticking to the rules!
:lol:

We could say that Kim gave birth to a monster, but as we don?t want to anger her and lose her very interesting posts we won?t say that. I have heard that London is a very wicked city.
I'm IN London, but not FROM London, so I can live with that :-)

That whole thread scares me now. I'll come back in a snotty fashion with footnoted references to protect me soon.

Of course, the fact that my Venus is at 25 Cap 20 and my Sun at 14 Sag 19 is probably totally irrelevant to this discussion :D

Kim

Kim,

I appreciate a well-done snotty fashion. But I look for footnoted references.

I will politely go along with London as our location, but I glance with trepidation at Nottingham. The Skyscript forum is the heartbeat of our collective comings and goings, but we are minor players. Skyscript is the mother beast, and she gave birth to her beastling.

Kirk

That whole thread scares me now. I'll come back in a snotty fashion with footnoted references to protect me soon.
Err....okay!! (hides under table) :lol:

Yes it is a rather scary, feisty thread. but I haven't seen Kevin post for, gosh, two whole days now!! what's up Kevin, out hunting up (or down??) some more references??? :lol:

I have been an ingrate?I never thanked Deb for posting the chart. It?s nice to see that sex is still going strong at Skyscript. What with all the talk of genitalia, pregnancy and power, that Sun-Saturn opposition seems to be holding it?s own just fine. I wasn?t expecting the recent turn to the merits of horary, though.