horary/decumbiture

Greetings,

A relative asked me if I would look at her chart to see if she had bladder cancer. I told her that Decumbiture is NOT my forte' but I would be happy to do a horary just to see if I could see what her general health might be.

I received the question at 2:34 pm (14:34 on the 24 hour clock)on Saturday 8 jun 2013 and my location is 34N12 by 119W11

The Ascendent is 9 Lib 53 the MC 10 Can 48 and the 6th house is Pisces ruled by Jupiter. The person in Question is a Libra, so LoC perfectly describes her. Venus is at the Top of the Chart is Great Shape at 7 Can
The Moon is at 20 Gemini and Jupiter is at 27 Gemini.

I judged thus, Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini, But closing fast on its exultation in Cancer. If there is a problem it would be quickly resolved, but I think that she is looking at a false positive test. Mainly I think this to be true because the first house describes the querant, and if she were ill her significator would NOT be at the top of the chart in a sign it tends to be pretty happy in. Secondly Jupiter will be in Cancer Before she gets the results back from the more accurate test. leading me to believe that the problem was with the first test, and not her.

there is an interesting point on the chart itself which I wanted to ask about. Kiron sits EXACTLY on the 6th house Cusp at 13 Pisces 46. has anyone had experience with this in a health related chart?

When I get results from Test back I will post. Any notes from others with experience with decumbiture are appreciated. Yes I did read the article on introduction to decumbiture. Thank you for your time,

Granny

In this chart, lot of crisis/injury/illness is in the 8th(bladder,among other things) in Taurus.

The lot/the sign are opposed by Saturn in Scorpio(again, bladder) and its ruler/the ascendant ruler Venus is still in a very close trine (within three degrees) with that same Saturn, the natural ruler of cancer, coming from the sing of her detriment...

I hope this separation/trine prove sufficient to save her from any manifestation of this hideous illness.

Goran
http://7heavenastrology.wordpress.com
http://klasicnaastrologija.wordpress.com

Thank you Goron, I appreciate the insights.

as a side note Saturn is actually the natural ruler of her natal 6th house as well and currently Transiting Saturn is sextile her natal Saturn who resides in Virgo. With another person I might not know that, but because its a relative... of course with Saturn that can mean fulfilling a promise of things not so great too...

Anyway will have answers in a few weeks.

Granny

There is a tendency to slot any medical application of astrology into the "decumbiture" pigeon-hole, but I think that is being over simplistic. Given that medical questions can be very serious - like the one being discussed here - it is as well to be clear about the distinctions between medical astrology and "decumbiture", which has its own set of doctrines and is quite distinctive from 6th-house horary astrology.

There is a nice discussion of decumbiture in "The Moment of Astrology" by Geoffrey Cornelius (page 138 on) where he draws the distinction between 6th house question medical astrology, as described and practised by William Lilly, and decumbiture proper, as described and practiced by Nicholas Culpepper.

The word decumbiture is Latin for 'declining on a couch' and the timing of a decumbiture chart is (as Culpepper states) the moment when the patient takes to his bed with the sickness, or the moment the patient first becomes aware of the sickness. These moments are also given by Lilly as valid times to set a chart, but in his case they will be event charts to be judged using the usual horary rules.

Lilly also gives a valid time to set the chart as that moment when the astrologer understands the question, which is standard for horary questions and is the case for the chart under discussion here. This, then, is not a decumbiture chart. It is a 6th house horary chart.