Hi
James, to your example >>>> for aug 21st 2013, the date of the chemical weapon attack that is the highlight of so much at present. dec 30 2012 to aug 21 2013 = 233 days inclusive. 233x1.0145833 = 236.40 degrees.END

Here is link for calculating difference between dates http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

You have taken 233 times 1.0145833. Instead, it should be division 233 days divided by 1.0145833. When converting days to degrees use division, the sum is always less. Converting degrees to days as in your example the sum is always more. 233/1.0145833 = 229.6 degrees.

>>>the degree distance in the solar return chart of jupiter to mars = 235.43 degrees which is the closest to this date the date of the chemical weapon attack<<< END

The difference by longitude above vs. the primary directed arc Jupiter to Mars in diurnal motion is 145.6 degrees. The arc Mars to Jupiter diurnal motion 254 degrees. Take 254 degrees convert to days is 254 x 1.0145833 gives 257.7 days and that is 12/13 September 2013.

Mars ruler of Mc in 7H open enemies / the U.S. McCain Obama / remember that decades ago C.I.A. sponsored coups in Syria, nothing new under the old Sun, /Mars/ is ready for some Football. Mars is promissor.

Jupiter Significator ruler of 9H The U.N., international law, international diplomacy. Then Mars, the promissor, Obama ?? smile smile doing a student body right tripped stumbled and fumbled at the goal line. Now the /delay/ play is under further review, has gotten bogged down in Gemini. Just to many details for Jupiter to act on swiftly but this is not all that bad. Jupiter received help from his Friends upstairs in press box being in 11H. The two houses Jupiter rules, 9H the foreign involvement, negotiations,
international law broken via 6H matters, act of war shelling people with chem weapons, these two houses Jupiter rules are being resolved /in house 11/ where he is, among followers supporters trying to reach some kind settlement all can agree on. ps had to make 2 post see next one
Last edited by Michaelb on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I have to make two post as system is rejecting my text. Only half what I write shows up. So I will finish with this ....

To remember, how I do this is first measure the arc of direction by primary notation, a little different as you know from longitude notation. I just stumbled on this idea many Moons ago along with a friend. Two heads did prove better than one. But, it is not something new under the old Sun as my friend told me way back when. As you can imagine this method also can be used on Aries Ingress or even Eclipse once we determine approximate length of Eclipse.

I have not read any of the Dykes books. Does he have a book only devoted to Mundane astro? Or, Which of them has most info re Mundane Astro and has it been useful? Michaelb

mchaelb

thanks for pointing out my error in making the post below where i was going from days to degrees by multiplying instead of dividing.. i messed up on that and will correct the post in this post.

new calculation
dec 30 2012 to aug 21 2013 = 233 days inclusive.
233 divided by 1.0145833 = 229.65 degrees.

uranus to north node is 228.55 degrees.. that is the only combo in close connection to the chemical attack date using the 2013 solar return chart. if one was to add aspects to these directed points, uranus on aug 21st using this direction method would be exactly 45 degrees to the sun/pluto conjunction in the 2013 sr chart..

taking the 229.65 degrees and imposing it on the 1944 mundane chart i note the degree difference of mars to mercury, and uranus to mercury is 229 degrees. mars/uranus are in an exact conjunction in the 9th house, while mercury is stationary retro in the 4th.

regarding your question about ben dykes and mundane astrology books - i know that his translation of bonatti's work has some mundane astrology material and one book available that i have yet to read is titled 'bonatti on mundane astrology'.. i came across some comments from peter stockinger who was quoting bonatti who informed me of the quotes coming from some books that had been previously released. he thought that one could buy these reprints and that they might be available in them. i also note that dykes has a new book out on mundane astrology in the tradition of ptolemy which is another new and expensive book for consideration! i will probably pick up the bonatti book first.

i liked what you had to say about the jupiter to mars combo which works out to today or tomorrow. that was interesting and i liked your logic!

thanks again for pointing out my error on that post! and thanks for explaining the origins of this idea that you picked up with another friend. i agree with you on all you said there as well! there is 'nothing new under the sun" as you say, but i hadn't seen anyone do that prior to you! thanks for the handy link to duration between 2 dates as well.

previous post showing my miscalculation..
james_m wrote:using this same technique of directing planets at approx 1 degree per day here is what i get for aug 21st 2013, the date of the chemical weapon attack that is the highlight of so much at present.
dec 30 2012 to aug 21 2013 = 233 days inclusive.
233x1.0145833 = 236.40 degrees.

the degree distance in the solar return chart of jupiter to mars = 235.43 degrees which is the closest to this date. the closest differential distances between other planets in the sr chart are 5 to 7 degrees away from this point.

going back to the 1944 chart for a moment, i am curious to see if any other distance difference is repeated in the 44 chart. nothing shows up outside a few combos that are 3 or 4 degrees away in the 44 mundane chart.

i can't get this technique to show me aspects, unless i want to add or subtract numbers off the degree position. 90 degrees either way would give me a square aspect off a connection. in the example i listed yesterday of the number of days for mars to reach saturn - 275. 48 degrees or 280 days, one could back off the arrival of mars to saturn by 5 to 6 degrees to get when mars is square to both ends of the mars/moon opposition in the 2013 sr chart. this is essentially 5 or 6 days before the oct 26/27th date i mentioned in my previous post which would be oct 20th or 21st for directed mars to hit the opposition by exact square.

James, One more try for text that screwed up my post. It is part of your text that I am sure is typo. But first you are to kind but glad you found some of this interesting. Thanks for info about Dykes books. I imagine his lastest on Mundane must now be up for review at Daves AstroAmerica site ?? You wrote

mars to saturn is 275.48 degrees. saturn to mars is 84.11
we can take 275.48 degrees x 1.0145833 to get 279.50 or about 280 days from the dec 30th date of the chart. that will take us to about oct 26th or 27th this year END

26 27th must be a typo. 280 days then plus 30 for Nov + 30 Dec gives 340 days to end of this SR. Add 4 or 5 days to end of Oct from 26th or 27th is only 345 days. Definitely a typo at 26 27th. Remember the old saying from Baseball, Be Quick, But not in a Hurry! applies to many situations in life, smile smile. From Oct 6/7 to end of Oct give 25 days + 340 gives total 365 days, a way to check our calculation.

Here is link to Add days to a particular date.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd ... aw=&ad=280
280 days gives 6 October 2013.

by diurnal motion Saturn to Mars 274.1 degrees, Mars to Saturn 88 degrees. So as you can compare to your line below

You wrote mars to saturn is 275.48 degrees. saturn to mars is 84.11 END
push comes to shove, longitude gets us in the ball park. Michaelb

thanks michaelb!

it is a good thing i have you around to check just how accurate my calendar reading is, LOL.

i ran the dates into that link you provided, as opposed to counting them off on a calendar and you are correct - mars directed to saturn brings one to oct 6th, as opposed to oct 26th area.

i like to line up a few different predictive tools to give more strength to a possible external event. i was using the oct 26th/27th transit data to give greater strength to the idea of something coming out around that time. now i am forced to consider transit data to oct 6/7th area which is not as convincing at a superficial glance.

oct 6th transit data has moon and mercury in scorpio transiting over the 2013 solar return saturn though, which is probably the strongest suggestion of support from the transit chart.. the new moon is on oct 4th or 5th, a day or two before.. on further examination t mars is exactly 135 to the sun/pluto conjunction in the sr 13 chart too which strengthens this considerably from my own point of view.

an interesting thing about mars to pluto which incidentally is in a 135 relationship for oct 6th as well, is that i have made a strong connection with these 2 in hard aspect and acts of violence.. usually the combo has to be in a natal chart in order for a stronger possibility to arise but perhaps this form of directing in combo with the transit data to oct 6th is enough of an overlap to bring some outer event. also of interest is the fact the new moon on oct 5th is very close to the ascendant degree for the 1944 mundane chart.. this new moon at 12 libra picks up the transit square of uranus at 10 aries to pluto at 9 cap.. syria's 44 chart's sun is at 9 cap.. thus the new moon really engages the angles along with sun position.

here is a new moon chart for oct 5th damascus. it is quite close to the venus ingress for the 44 chart as well.

screen capture

venus ingress for 2013 below.. this chart picks up the degree of the 2013 solar return chart to within about a degree.. 0 aries on the midheaven is interesting if you think of this point as being the intersect of the earth and the sun's nodal axis and indicative of some more publicly recognized type external event in connection with it. venus rules the ascendant and 8th house in the 44 chart and is not all that well situated in the sign scorpio.. however it is in the 2nd and squared onto jupiter in leo in the 11th in the same chart.. makes me think of russias friendship to syria as about as much help as it can get in the present situation!

windows 7 screen shot

syria 1970 coup chart

i happened to read some comments from astrologer kn rao that were interesting. he works off the chart shown below. he astro commentary mostly seems to highlight this - "All this we will begin to witness in the month of September as Mars moves closer the middle of Karka and aspects Saturn and Rahu degree to degree." as i understand these comments, saturn at 19 taurus in the chart shown below will be squared onto by t mars exact on about sept 27th/2013. t mars will reach an opposition to north node/conjunction to south node on about oct 12th.. perhaps anyone more up on the indian lingo can make some further comments to kn rao's astrological comment at the end of his post. here is a link to his comments, some originating from 2011 as well, which is about when i started looking more closely at the syria chart. - see half way down - http://www.journalofastrology.com/artic ... cle_id=458

here is the chart for syria kn rao is working with. campion mentions in his book of world horoscopes the coup taking place at dawn nov 13 1970 off an article in the times published 3 days later. see footnote 712 from 2004 edition of campions book.. he doesn't include this chart in the charts he includes in his book under syria.

small screenshot utility

just a quick note. the transits for oct 6th 2013 i had mentioned in my previous post, specifically mars at 24 leo in a 135 aspect to the sun/pluto conjunction in the 1944 mundane chart are picked up by this 1970 chart thanks to the position of the midheaven in this chart..

i would like to make a quick post of solar return charts off 3 of the charts that i am presently looking at. the first one is a solar return chart for 2014 off the 1944 mundane chart for syria i have mainly focused on.

host image online

the next one is a 2013 solar return chart off the 1970 coup chart that kn rao has used.

photo storage

the final solar return chart for 2014 is coming off a chart i have for the baath party - feb 23 1966 8am damascus..

how to print screen on pc

you will note that no matter which foundation chart you want to work with for syria - the 1944 mundane chart, the 1970 coup chart, or the baath party chart for 1966, all charts put a malefic on the angles in a pronounced manner.. maybe it is just a coincidence, but i suspect the movement going on at present will continue on into 2014 as well..

it occurred to me last night to consider the oct6/7th date michaelb and i had isolated based on directing the 1994 sr chart, coincides close to the new moon and to where saturn sits in the july 2nd and 4/1776 charts for the usa. not that i want to get into a conversation of which usa chart to use, but regardless of the number of ones to choose from, the new moon at about 12 libra is right about where the cardinal saturn/sun square is in these july 4th or 2nd charts for the usa. using the 213am chart gives saturn as the ruler of the 8th or 9th as well.. we'll see if something comes of any of this soon enough. at present it looks like the usa has had its wings for war clipped, but things can change fast..

i would also like to add that this window of time is in line with peter stockingers observations which i have shared in a link here previously. and last but not least, the transit of mars thru obama's 7th house is about 1 degree off the natal uranus position..

all of this is very inconclusive, but could be considered an area of interest from an astro point of view, if the concept of directing mars to saturn in the solar return chart has any merit and bringing these 2 planets together in such fashion has any relevance..

Hi
James penned the following in the / US Government Shutdown / topic. So as not to clutter since he gives reference to This topic,

I post his quotes here in Syria Topic.
[b]James wrote [/b]/Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:15 am Post subject:
interesting comments michaelb. thanks for sharing. is there a prediction in any of that? i can't see it!
on a related note, that time frame we isolated via the syrian charts looks like it is going to pass in an uneventful way.. i am happy about that, but it makes me think the technique you had introduced on that thread might not have a lot of value. perhaps you can comment on that thread if you feel inclined./[b] END[/b]

I made no prediction for Oct 6/7 see post from me 12 Sep 2013 5.04 PM in this topic where I corrected a slight mistake in your calculation.

[b]You wrote[/b] / mars to saturn is 275.48 degrees. saturn to mars is 84.11 we can take 275.48 degrees x 1.0145833 to get 279.50 or about 280 days from the dec 30th date of the chart. that will take us to about oct 26th or 27th this year / [b]END[/b]

[b]Then I wrote[/b] Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:04 am / 26 27th must be a typo. 280 days then plus 30 for Nov + 30 Dec gives 340 days to end of this SR. Add 4 or 5 days to end of Oct from 26th or 27th is only 345 days. Definitely a typo at 26 27th. From Oct 6/7 to end of Oct give 25 days + 340 gives total 365 days, a way to check our calculation./ [b]END[/b]

[b]James wrote[/b] / Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:10 am /i ran the dates into that link you provided, as opposed to counting them off on a calendar and you are correct - mars directed to saturn brings one to oct 6th, as opposed to oct 26th area./ [b]END[/b]

Where I think you believe I made Oct 6 to be important was later in topic you wrote about a New Moon Oct 5 ----- Again, I made no prediction Mars/Saturn aspect Oct 6 would be of any relevance. Time for some Football, Michaelb
read this below on news yesterday but again it was not a prediction from me.

The technique I presented takes time to work out on charts and again, it must be done first and foremost using Primary formulae. Mars to Saturn, Saturn to opp Mars in the Solar return both aspects fall out at 274 degree days. Count from Dec 30 2012 to 4 October 2013 gives 278 days / by 1.0145833 = 274 degree days.

On October 4 2013 Syrian rebel factions tell al Qaeda groups to withdraw here is link >

http://www.france24.com/en/20131003-syr ... autoplay=1

In the SR, Mars 3 Aq, Saturn 9 Sc, square gives hints to frustration and resentment /the Syria fighters/ their ambitions may be blocked and are by al-Qaeda / Mars in SR quad 7H open enemies associates /see refusal of countries to supply major weapons to them and so on because of al-Qaeda connection. If not paying 100% attention to this chart, of course would be tough ahead of time to make such a prediction but hints leading up to the 274th degree day maybe not so difficult.

hi michaelb

thanks for walking me through all this again. i know you never made a prediction on the oct 5/6th dates.. it was me using the technique of moving mars and saturn together for this date that coincided with a few other astro connections and thought it might have some significance. thanks again for sharing the technique!

thanks for pointing out the story on the conflict from the french article regarding the break between the syrian rebels and al qaeda linked isil militants. that seems to capture some of the frustration on the ground in syria that has been going on since russia was able to successfully maneuver the usa from the previous month.
Michaelb wrote:
The technique I presented takes time to work out on charts and again, it must be done first and foremost using Primary formulae. Mars to Saturn, Saturn to opp Mars in the Solar return both aspects fall out at 274 degree days. Count from Dec 30 2012 to 4 October 2013 gives 278 days / by 1.0145833 = 274 degree days.

On October 4 2013 Syrian rebel factions tell al Qaeda groups to withdraw here is link >

http://www.france24.com/en/20131003-syr ... autoplay=1

In the SR, Mars 3 Aq, Saturn 9 Sc, square gives hints to frustration and resentment /the Syria fighters/ their ambitions may be blocked and are by al-Qaeda / Mars in SR quad 7H open enemies associates /see refusal of countries to supply major weapons to them and so on because of al-Qaeda connection. If not paying 100% attention to this chart, of course would be tough ahead of time to make such a prediction but hints leading up to the 274th degree day maybe not so difficult.

i was pointing out to amelia ( in her thread - an almost unparalleled national crisis) the fact that the 2014 aries ingress and lunar eclipse chart for april 15th 2014 happen to line up on the mars position in the aries ingress chart.. if you put this chart to damascus one notes how mars in the ingress chart and the lunar eclipse land in the angles of the ingress chart and in the whole sign angles of the le chart. it seems to be a statement of continued ominousness for syria as i see it. here is a biwheel with ingress on the inside and le on the outside.

how to do a screen shot