Financial astrology bibliography

For anyone interested in Financial astrology, here is a commented list of books. It will not teach anything to anyone who knows well that field, but may save some time for people wanting to start this fascinating branch of astrology.

Financial astrology bibliography

Precursors :
o W.D. Gann, ?The Tunnel Thru the Air? 1927
Reommanded?but highly coded. Could take a life to decipher. Some people tried and got something out of it (Bonnie Lee hill and Petter Ivan Amundsen, but mostly Patrick Mikula). Others spent 000?$ purchasing worthless seminars and DVDs from people who did the same and went for revenge by publishing their own piece of junk.

o Gustave Lambert Brahy : ? Stock Market Fluctuations and Cosmic Influences, Translated into English (Norm Winsky 1986 ?
Interesting but a bit dated.

o Louise Mc Whirter ? Astrology And Stock Market Forecasting?, 1938
Interesting, too much emphasis on New moon and lunar node cycle to be of any practical usage though.

o G. Bayer, ?Turning 400 years of Astro into Practical use? 1943
The Bayer rules have little empirical success. They work at times?

Classics :
o Donald Bradley ? ?Stock_Market_Prediction? 1950
Interesting read. The siderograph was his brain child.

o L. Jensen ?Astro-Cycles_and_Speculative_Markets? 1978
Dated.

o David Williams, ?Financial Astrology? 1982
Interesting read as well, although not very practical, and Sun spot cycle does not work. A bit dated, and works purely on a methodical approach of the solar ingress.

Modern :

o French : Jean Fran?ois Richard
? Bourse, ce qu?anticipent les astres jusqu?en 2010 ? - 2005 ? Editions du Rocher
" La crise vue par l?astrologie ? - 2009 ? Editions Trajectoires
Pretty interesting from a mundane and financial cycle aspects. Will not give you concrete way to make forecasts though

o Bill Meridian

Planetary Stock Trading
Interesting read, First trade chart do not work well, though?
Planetary Economic Forecasting
Interesting read, although trying to relate economy to single planetary pairs does not work, there are MANY cycles operating at any given point of time, how do you mix them ?
The predictive Power of Eclipses
Interesting read, even if not particularly financial. Eclipses are critical for Financial astrology, in my opinion

o Raymond Merriman

Yearly predictions book.
Interesting read, won?t teach you financial astrology though
Basic Principles of Geocosmic Studies for Financial Market Timing
Interesting read, pretty basic though
The Ultimate Book on Stock Market Timing Vol I ? V
Interesting read, but don?t count on stats about a planetary pair to give you anything that would work to make forecast
The Sun, the Moon and the Silver Market: Secrets of a Silver Trader
Probably Interesting read? I did not read it, though
The Gold Book: Geocosmic Correlations To Gold Price Cycles (out of print) Certainly Interesting read? I did not read it, though. Gold reacts very strongly to planetary influences
Merriman on Market Cycles: The Basics

o D.Weingarten ?Trading by the stars?
Very Interesting read?by a well-seasoned astrologer who had all sorts of experiences, good and bad

o Georgi Anna Stathis: ?Business Astrology 101?
Very Interesting read, quite generic

o Robert Gover ?Time and Money, the economy and the planets? 2005
Interesting read, a bit too much emphasis on the US natal chart

o Grace Morris ?How To Choose Stocks To Outperform The Market in 20xx?
Published yearly. Interesting to relate industries to planets.

o Graham Bates: ?Money and the Markets, an astrological guide? (1994)
An older book. Not very useful examples though.

o Carol Mull ?Standard and Poors 500?. The first 3 pages are the most interesting.

Few good authors on Gann:

o Patrick Mikula,
Gann's Scientific Methods Unveiled Volume 1 (version pdf seulement)
Gann's Scientific Methods Unveiled Volume 2 (version pdf seulement)
The definitive guide to forecasting using WD Gann?s Square of 9 (?puis?)
Mikula is one of THE BEST author on Gann, together with Myles Wilson Walker and Jeanne Long. Best value for the money, but don?t start with Gann techniques, they are very complex.

o Myles Wilson Walker : ? Super Timing ?
A very good author on Gann

o Jeanne Long : ? The Universal Clock ?
Good book. Complex as with all Gann techniques, and while the chosen examples do work, using recent data makes you a bit more skeptical that they found the real Gann techniques.

Avoid ?Gann Secrets Revealed: Beyond Symbolism in Financial Astrology? from Tim bost. A total rip off.

o Earik Beann

- Handbook of Market Esoterica (495$)
Not worth the money in my opinion. Picking one example and making it a theory for an outrageaous price.
- Techniques of an Astrotrader (995$)
I did not read it. A bit pricey maybe ?

Some web sites:

Markus Rose, from http://www.rosecast.com/articles.htm
has the generosity to publish some of his findings. Markus started as a trader, he is a researcher at heart, and someone who will test thoroughly what he is saying, even though he keeps evolving in his thinking.

And MAGI Astrology do the same
http://www.magiastrology.com/WhyStockMa ... ection.php
although some of their claims rely on some examples and do not search the reasons why there are numerous counter examples. Still a ground breaking group of people.

Merriman weekly preview is worth reading
http://www.mmacycles.com/weekly-preview ... -the-week/

What is amazing for someone with a financial background like me, is the amount of unsupported, undocumented claims that several authors have made over the years. They find a couple of examples and build a theory out of it. The lack of scientific approach (aka reproduce the result again and again, search for the opposite?.etc.) is incredible and causes a lot of time wasted in testing those approaches.
Last edited by Kondratieff on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In making my predictions I use geometry and mathematics, just as the astronomer does, based on immutable laws". WD Gann

thanks for giving such a thorough overview on the financial astrological literature out there Kondratieff.. i am familiar with most of the material you mention and have read maybe about 50% of it.. i tend to think anyone looking into these authors and this area of astrology is entering a quagmire.. i liked your conclusion and agree with it. there is an ongoing conversation in the philosophy section at present (thread title) 'whence astrology?' which you might find interesting..
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7865
Kondratieff wrote:
What is amazing for someone with a financial background like me, is the amount of unsupported, undocumented claims that several authors have made over the years. They find a couple of examples and build a theory out of it. The lack of scientific approach (aka reproduce the result again and again, search for the opposite?.etc.) is incredible and causes a lot of time wasted in testing those approaches.

Thank you Kondratieff,

First of all my apology for not responding to this thread much earlier. It was myself who suggested this idea so I am really sorry I didn't notice you had created this thread. I am afraid I frequently miss financial threads here as I often assume posts here are sport related. :oops:

Thanks not just for the list but your short review of the books.

On older texts I was surprised you didn't mention the early 20th century English Astrologer Sepharial.

He produced three texts written between 1913-1920 that have now been combined and republished as follows:

Sepharial On Money: The complete texts of Law of Values, ; Silver Key; Arcana or Stock & Share Key (2007)

http://www.amazon.com/Law-Values-Silver ... 1933303220

Law of Values, and Arcana or Stock & Share Key are about financial astrology while he The Silver Key relates to Horse Racing.

I have read that Sepharial was the major astrological influence on W.D. Gann.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Mark wrote:Thank you Kondratieff,

First of all my apology for not responding to this thread much earlier. It was myself who suggested this idea so I am really sorry I didn't notice you had created this thread. I am afraid I frequently miss financial threads here as I often assume posts here are sport related. :oops:

Thanks not just for the list but your short review of the books.

On older texts I was surprised you didn't mention the early 20th century English Astrologer Sepharial.

He produced three texts written between 1913-1920 that have now been combined and republished as follows:

Sepharial On Money: The complete texts of Law of Values, ; Silver Key; Arcana or Stock & Share Key (2007)

http://www.amazon.com/Law-Values-Silver ... 1933303220

Law of Values, and Arcana or Stock & Share Key are about financial astrology while he The Silver Key relates to Horse Racing.

I have read that Sepharial was the major astrological influence on W.D. Gann.

Mark
That text is freely available here https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 8SicHQuy3A

Thanks for the free link GP.

I have put together an extension to the bibliography above. All modern and some are reviewed above (1982-2013) :

The Gold Book: Geocosmic Correlations to Gold Price Cycles by Raymond A. Merriman (1982)

Financial Astrology Paperback by David Williams (1984)

Astro Cycles and Speculative Markets by L. J. Jensen (1985)

Financial Astrology Edited by Joan McEvers (1989)

Merriman on Market Cycles: The Basics by Raymond Merriman (1997)

The Ultimate Book on Stock Market Timing: Cycles and Patterns in the Indexes by Raymond A. Merriman (1997)

The Ultimate Book on Stock Market Timing, Vol 2: Geocosmic Correlations to Investment Cycles by Raymond A. Merriman (2000)

The Ultimate Book on Stock Market Timing, Volume 3: Geocosmic Correlations to Trading Cycles by Raymond A. Merriman (2001)

The Ultimate Book on Stock Market Timing Volume 4: Solar/Lunar Correlations to Short-Term Trading Cycles by Raymond A. Merriman ( 2003)

The Sun, the Moon, and Silver Market: Secrets of a Silver Trader by Raymond Merriman (2006)

McWhirter Theory of Stock Market Forecasting Paperback by Louise McWhirter (2008)

The Key to Speculation on the New York Stock Exchange Paperback by Jack Gillen (2009)

The Financial Universe: Planning Your Investments Using Astrological Forecasting by Christeen Skinner (2009)

The Ultimate Book on Stock Market Timing Volume 5: Technical Analysis and Price Objectives by Raymond Merriman (2011)

Financial Astrology How to predict the performace of financial markets using classical astrology by Giacomo Albano (2012)

Mercury, Money and the Markets: Profitable Planetary Cycles for Short-Term Astro-Trading by Tim Bost (2012)

The Bull, The Bear and The Planets: Trading the Financial Markets Using Astrology by M. G. Bucholtz (2013)

The Lost Science: Esoteric Math and Astrology by M. G. Bucholtz (2013)

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly