skyscript.co.uk
   

home articles forum events
glossary horary quiz consultations links more

Read this before using the forum
Register
FAQ
Search
View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Log in to check your private messages
Log in
Recent additions:
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

saudi arabia
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 2753
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: saudi arabia Reply with quote

the past few days i've read a few articles on saudi arabia mostly in connection to the crisis in syria.. through reading these articles i was motivated to take a closer look at the charts available for saudi arabia.

the sunrise chart for jan 15 1902 seems to be the one that is mainly in use, perhaps as it coincides with the birthdate of Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saud_of_Saudi_Arabia ... 'saud' of saudi arabia was born in kuwait city, the 2nd son of ibn saud who also happened to be born on jan 15 1876! perhaps it stands to reason the chart for jan 15th has more symbolic power given the connection to these 2 central players in the modern history of saudi arabia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Saud


pc screen shot

the other date that appears next in significance is for sept 21st or sept 23th 1932.. nic campion explains the question over the 2 dates in his world horoscope book while providing a chart for sept 21 1932, set for noon riyadh in the absence of a specific time. the wikipedia page on saudi arabia uses sept 23 1932 as the critical date.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia


uploading pictures


capture software

the 4th date i have as of significance for saudi arabia is jan 8 1926.


screenshot windows 7

here are the 2 recent articles i was mentioning in my initial paragraph. these articles are from nov 4/13 and nov 5/13.
http://www.moonofalabama.org/2013/11/syria-the-saudis-can-not-lead.html#comments

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/MID-02-051113.html

i will comment on these charts, hopefully later today or in the next few days. the last chart shown below is a composite chart for all 4 set to riyadh, saudi arabia.


greenshot download

edit - image repair..


Last edited by james_m on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 2753
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another news article on saudi arabia of interest reported in today's bbc news can be found here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24823846


pc screen shot


under consideration for the moment is the chart for 1902 - approx dawn jan 15th. notes are given for this time in nic campions book of world horoscopes. the transit data to this chart highlight the midheaven/north node with t saturn and t nodal axis in close proximity to the degree of the midheaven and natal nodal axis at present. the eclipse data is hitting this same spot as well. all in all a real focus on the 10th house and leadership of saudi arabia at present based on these astro factors.

the transit of jupiter is opposite the cluster of saturn/sun/jupiter in mid to late capricorn. this same jupiter rules the 12th/3rd of the cap rising chart. there does seem to be some tension in the inner world of the saudi leadership that remains hidden, but is raising some questions in international circles at present. they were given a rotating leadership seat at the un just recently but after being given the seat turned around and said they weren't interested in it. at the same time, the moon in pisces in the 3rd may connect with the position of women in saudi arabia who, aside from a number of issues are also still unable to legally drive a car! perhaps that is just the tip of the iceberg, but one element of saudi society that has been in the news the past 1-2 years.

perhaps one could consider the jupiter/saturn cycle in relation to saudi arabia seeing how jan 15 1902 is within a year of the conjunction in capricorn.. i haven't drawn any conclusions of this other then to make a mental note of it given the chart with sun sandwiched in between..

sec prog and solar arc data is tricky to get behind with a question mark on the relevance of the exact degrees of the angles.. i note the square between sun and jupiter in the sec progs reflects the sun/jupiter conjunction in the root chart and to a degree the transit of jupiter catches this as well.. perhaps saudi arabia is over extending itself in a few different directions, but at a loss as to the best direction to go in with the very recent changes we are seeing both on the ground in syria and in the usa's relationship with iran which seems to be coming out of a deep freeze.. what does this mean to saudi arabia and how might it influence the relationship it has to both the usa and iran if they are to move closer to agreement on the issue of nuclear power and etc?

solar arc saturn is square exact to mars at the moment which might catch a lot of the changing dynamic in the leadership within saudi arabia at present as well..

one of the real liabilities of morinus software which is great for doing primary directions is that it does not do primary directions pasta 100 years out from a birth date! in the case of saudi arabias 1902 chart it means i have no program to consider the relevance of the pd data.. maybe they will expand on this program at some point..

edit - image repair


Last edited by james_m on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amelia



Joined: 17 Jun 2004
Posts: 396
Location: Wales

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough I've been working on Saudi 2013-16 this week. My blog post is too long for here and contains no astrological terms ( as I aim for a non-astrological audience), but I will provide the link once I have completed the post.

For some reason ( I believe it was to do with Islamic days starting just before actual sun on horizon but much to my self annoyance I failed to note the full rationale for my rectification in 2010) I am using a slightly earlier 15 Jan chart but it won't change too much, so won't talk about transits to the country chart for the period here.

But I use transits and secondary progressions and using the latter gives the following very interesting indicators:

March 2014 progressed Venus moves into Aries for first time since foundation chart . I assume this will relate to women's rights.

Mid 2014 Saturn stations opposite the progressed Sun - I have my view on what this means given the age of the king particularly as in ...

.....Early 2015 progressed Saturn goes retrograde ( obviously a very rare event in any national chart) and I assume this relates to Saudi's position in world and probably to the nature of its internal leadership.

I would add to the latter that elsewhere I noted that the US may be economically having a difficult time in 2015-16 - with oil and $ issues the Saudi situation for this time can't be divorced from what is happening elsewhere.
_________________
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 2753
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amelia,

thanks for sharing. i am curious to know your thoughts on a more philosophical matter if you care to respond. it has to do with astrologers inclination to find an astrological logic to details they're already in possession of. i am of course referring to both of our comments here when both of us look at the state of affairs in saudi arabia, oppression of women, and questions regarding the present leadership of sa in particular, and wonder how this fits with the astro resources we have at our disposal. i find myself wondering about this a lot. if we just consider the placement of venus and the moon in the 1902 chart as representing women or femininity in saudi arabia, it doesn't come across as challenging as it sounds from what i read using the symbolism of the 1902 chart. of course all that capricorn energy might make for a super conservative country which also seems borne out of my exposure thru the news to saudi arabia. i have never visited sa, so i have no feel for the country and what it is like on the ground, but at a distance it seems extremely conservative.

this brings me to my understanding of the different branches of islam being practiced in sa as well.. the fact the religious sect of wahhabi or the salafi movement which seems directly connected to wahhabism, has been mentioned in connection with 9-11 and terrorism doesn't seem to bode well long term for saudi arabia.. at some point i suspect the citizens will challenge the autocratic ruler-ship in place at present. with this in mind i note a very interesting astrological connection to this chart, along with the 1926 chart i have which has sun at a few degrees earlier in capricorn..

below is a chart for the next conjunction of saturn/pluto set to riyadh. this exact conjunction happens only once in early 2020, but i suspect given how close it is to the astro positions in the 1902 chart for saudi arabia, that if this chart has legs, this conjunction is going to bring about a transformation of present day saudi arabia and it will probably not be a pretty or easy transition given the issue of terrorism associated with these religious groups i have also mentioned.. saturn and pluto have a connection to terrorism as i understand it and were in the long opposition at the time of 9-11 as well... on the other hand, perhaps it indicates a further clamp down on freedoms and a type of totalitarianism. i suspect it will fluctuate between the two.. and, it is probably already in the process of developing here in 2013.. while the arab spring has happened in a few of these middle east countries, my guess is it is going to take place in sa as well, but it won't happen overnight and it won't be an easy transition.. if nothing else, the feminine planets in this sa/pl conjunction speak of a better time..


free image hosting

amelia wrote:
Funnily enough I've been working on Saudi 2013-16 this week. My blog post is too long for here and contains no astrological terms ( as I aim for a non-astrological audience), but I will provide the link once I have completed the post.

For some reason ( I believe it was to do with Islamic days starting just before actual sun on horizon but much to my self annoyance I failed to note the full rationale for my rectification in 2010) I am using a slightly earlier 15 Jan chart but it won't change too much, so won't talk about transits to the country chart for the period here.

But I use transits and secondary progressions and using the latter gives the following very interesting indicators:

March 2014 progressed Venus moves into Aries for first time since foundation chart . I assume this will relate to women's rights.

Mid 2014 Saturn stations opposite the progressed Sun - I have my view on what this means given the age of the king particularly as in ...

.....Early 2015 progressed Saturn goes retrograde ( obviously a very rare event in any national chart) and I assume this relates to Saudi's position in world and probably to the nature of its internal leadership.

I would add to the latter that elsewhere I noted that the US may be economically having a difficult time in 2015-16 - with oil and $ issues the Saudi situation for this time can't be divorced from what is happening elsewhere.


edit - image repair..


Last edited by james_m on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amelia



Joined: 17 Jun 2004
Posts: 396
Location: Wales

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i am curious to know your thoughts on a more philosophical matter


I'll get back to you on this- I recall that in 2010 when I first looked at the Saudi chart I did consider some of these issues so I will go back and look at
my notes to see what I concluded

In the meantime here is my forecast for the next few years that I've now posted to my blog

As I mentioned there is no reference in it to astrological symbolism but if anyone is interested pm me and I can send the underlying word doc which included the corresponding astrology for each month.

http://fortuna2020.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/saudi-arabia-2013-16.html
_________________
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 2753
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi amelia,

thanks for sharing a link to your blog site!

as i am mostly interested at how a person arrives at a general overview or prediction on the direction a country can take, your article is missing the astro rationale which i am most interested in knowing. i notice that in the past articles astrology was a part of your articles, but you changed that. thanks for sharing regardless!

get back to me on the question or anything else related to saudi arabia if you have some interesting insight you'd like to share..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amelia



Joined: 17 Jun 2004
Posts: 396
Location: Wales

Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

i am curious to know your thoughts on a more philosophical matter if you care to respond. it has to do with astrologers inclination to find an astrological logic to details they're already in possession of.


Interesting question. I’ll deal Saudi specifically in a minute, but first I’ll explain how I usually approach a chart.

I start with a known chart for the nation, market, etc. ( for nations usually from Campion’s book), but then I try to confirm the chart by checking references on the internet. When I say references I mean original sites and publications not Wikipedia. My policy is to use the ‘earliest timed chart for the original national unity’, although there are instances where I have not used a timed chart, I never have as much faith in them. Having a policy stops me getting into the debate about which chart in most cases.

So that gives me a chart. Then I try to identify how that chart plays out in practice by going back over historical events. It allows me to see what the planetary configurations are saying in each case. Of course in doing this I bring to bear my knowledge of the country from history/geography, news reports and in many cases my own experience when visiting. I’ve been lucky enough to have done business in a lot of counties and this is helpful for getting a feel for the culture and thus how the chart is likely to work.

Although interestingly I’ve not found this significantly influences the accuracy of my predictions as much as I expected it to.

So I do look for a correlation between astrology and other information in order to work with a chart. Obviously if I get that correlation wrong I’ll know when get the forecasts wrong.

Some factors work very well all the time – the Sun for the leader ( always in the context of that nation) others I struggle with; Venus in particular actually.


Quote:
i am of course referring to both of our comments here when both of us look at the state of affairs in saudi arabia, oppression of women, and questions regarding the present leadership of sa in particular, and wonder how this fits with the astro resources we have at our disposal. i find myself wondering about this a lot. if we just consider the placement of venus and the moon in the 1902 chart as representing women or femininity in saudi arabia, it doesn't come across as challenging as it sounds from what i read using the symbolism of the 1902 chart. of course all that capricorn energy might make for a super conservative country which also seems borne out of my exposure thru the news to saudi arabia. i have never visited sa, so i have no feel for the country and what it is like on the ground, but at a distance it seems extremely conservative.


Back to Saudi then. I used the method outlined above to pick my chart ( which as I mentioned in the earlier post) is for slightly earlier than Campion’s – approx. 10- 15 mins so Saturn happens to be on the Asc.
Then I looked at the chart to see whether it made sense. It did in terms of Pluto and Neptune – being part of the Oil story and it did in terms of the Saturn Sun Jupiter conjunction given that it is a patriarchal monarchy originally based on tribal culture.

Now that brings me to your observations . I have never been to Saudi either , though I have been to some of the other middle eastern countries. But I don’t have any reason to question the general description of how the country operates, and I know people who have worked there. I would however qualify the ‘oppression of women’ a bit. Women’s freedom to be independent is severely restricted, however that does not mean that all Saudi women are badly treated ( though a minority will be as they are in many cultures); female literacy is reasonable and most women command respect in the home environment, they just can’t be allowed out on their own!!!! And in 1902, the date of the Saudi chart, it was pretty much the same in the UK!!!

So back to that Venus. ( I don’t tend to use the moon for women in national charts as I am already using it for the people as a whole.)

I admit when I looked at the chart the first time in 2010, I was surprised that the Venus was so well placed. Not so much the Pisces placement and the Neptune trine, given that- independence aside- for most, their lifestyle is quite indulged. Yet I would have expected Venus to have been in the 12th as women are hidden away so much and perhaps some aspect to Saturn.

So now I admit that based on my notes at the time, I did not dwell on this problem. I was keen to finish all G20 countries and was more interested in economics than women so I pressed on regardless. So I basically didn’t resolve the issue then. Which answers your question about finding logic to support existing knowledge – I ignored what didn’t suit me – though with the justification that for my purposes at the time it wasn’t so relevant.

Looking at it now I am still a bit puzzled although I think that perhaps the combination of Venus in Pisces trine Neptune makes for a lack of motivation for change. So the lot of women in UK and Saudi might have been similar in 1902, but in Saudi they had less impetus to change it. As I said in the above post I think that will happen when Venus progresses into Aries. I also think perhaps the 2nd house placement is relevant – they are treated as possessions not equals.

But those are only tentative ideas; any other views are welcome!

Quote:
this brings me to my understanding of the different branches of islam being practiced in sa as well.. the fact the religious sect of wahhabi or the salafi movement which seems directly connected to wahhabism, has been mentioned in connection with 9-11 and terrorism doesn't seem to bode well long term for saudi arabia.. at some point i suspect the citizens will challenge the autocratic ruler-ship in place at present. with this in mind i note a very interesting astrological connection to this chart, along with the 1926 chart i have which has sun at a few degrees earlier in capricorn..


I don’t feel qualified to comment on the Islamic element. I have based most of the analysis on the cultural rather than religious picture – based on the fact that the country is governed by a quasi tribal monarchy rather than a religious figurehead. You’ll see from what I have written that I see change coming , starting gradually in 2014, then gathering pace in 2015-16. There are some indications of religious fervour forming part of those themes.

Quote:
below is a chart for the next conjunction of saturn/pluto set to riyadh. this exact conjunction happens only once in early 2020


I haven’t looked this far ahead. The conjunction will nicely align with my Asc, and my progressed/directed Sun and MC so I am pretending it won’t happen!

That aside, I have no reason to doubt your conclusions.

Quote:
as i am mostly interested at how a person arrives at a general overview or prediction on the direction a country can take, your article is missing the astro rationale which i am most interested in knowing


I'm also going to see if can attach my analysis with the significators to a pm to you.
_________________
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 2753
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amelia wrote:

I start with a known chart for the nation, market, etc. ( for nations usually from Campion’s book), but then I try to confirm the chart by checking references on the internet. When I say references I mean original sites and publications not Wikipedia. My policy is to use the ‘earliest timed chart for the original national unity’, although there are instances where I have not used a timed chart, I never have as much faith in them. Having a policy stops me getting into the debate about which chart in most cases.

campions book is a good starting point for finding data of great use to a mundane astrologer! his footnotes often cite sources that are hard to examine firsthand unless one were to live in a large urban center like london where you could go look at the data in a public library. personally i find wikipedia does use references for the info often times, but i am not in a position to get a hard copy of these references which would be most helpful.. for example - "Hariri-Rifai, Wahbi; Hariri-Rifai, Mokhless (1990). The heritage of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. p. 26. ISBN 978-0-9624483-0-0." is not something i can readily access, but it would be handy if i could..

amelia wrote:

Back to Saudi then. I used the method outlined above to pick my chart ( which as I mentioned in the earlier post) is for slightly earlier than Campion’s – approx. 10- 15 mins so Saturn happens to be on the Asc.
Then I looked at the chart to see whether it made sense. It did in terms of Pluto and Neptune – being part of the Oil story and it did in terms of the Saturn Sun Jupiter conjunction given that it is a patriarchal monarchy originally based on tribal culture.


that would be a saturn rising chart which puts a special focus on saturn which makes sense in so far as the rising sign and sun are in the same sign.. one can get a flavour on a chart by putting any planet on the ascendant. i believe this is something done more often in indian astrology, beginning with a chart for moon on the ascendant. at any rate saturn is only 5 degrees off the ascendant, which would make a difference in directions and etc to the angles, but not a lot else..

amelia wrote:
Now that brings me to your observations . I have never been to Saudi either , though I have been to some of the other middle eastern countries. But I don’t have any reason to question the general description of how the country operates, and I know people who have worked there. I would however qualify the ‘oppression of women’ a bit. Women’s freedom to be independent is severely restricted, however that does not mean that all Saudi women are badly treated ( though a minority will be as they are in many cultures); female literacy is reasonable and most women command respect in the home environment, they just can’t be allowed out on their own!!!! And in 1902, the date of the Saudi chart, it was pretty much the same in the UK!!!

So back to that Venus. ( I don’t tend to use the moon for women in national charts as I am already using it for the people as a whole.)


i like the parallel to the UK and 1902! good point.. why the divergence 100 years later though? i would attribute that to a more orthodox/fundamental expression of the islamic religion..
i agree moon represents the public generally, but i think it has bearing on women in general too. i think it applies in this chart as well with the moon caught up in hard aspects to all 3 outer planets.. it is interesting to consider the opposition of pluto and uranus in this chart for 1902 and the waxing square underway at present. essentially the cycle of these 2 ought to have more relevance at this time as a consequence and i believe it does. i think one of the reasons we are seeing more of a focus on womens issues - the right to drive specifically - is directly connected to the transit of these 2 at present. i am more inclined to include the data on the moon relating to women. the 3rd house moon and letting women have some control over their own transportation seems to work as well.. the moon is in a tight square to neptune in the 6th house of gemini also.

amelia wrote:

Looking at it now I am still a bit puzzled although I think that perhaps the combination of Venus in Pisces trine Neptune makes for a lack of motivation for change. So the lot of women in UK and Saudi might have been similar in 1902, but in Saudi they had less impetus to change it. As I said in the above post I think that will happen when Venus progresses into Aries. I also think perhaps the 2nd house placement is relevant – they are treated as possessions not equals.

But those are only tentative ideas; any other views are welcome!


i think the idea of women treated as a possession is not only a problem for saudi arabia, but for any country practicing more traditional forms of islam. perhaps the rulership of venus by jupiter in capricorn conjunct the sun has more of a negative impact on venus's position here. certainly venus in pisces in the 2nd on it's own with no hard aspects to it doesn't suggest oppression of women in the society. saturn in cap, so close to the sun and ascendant suggests a more oppressive environment in general as i see it. perhaps others view it differently.. it is certainly a conservative vibe, but many don't associate conservative energy with oppression! i often do, but this is my own subjective quirk..

amelia wrote:

I don’t feel qualified to comment on the Islamic element. I have based most of the analysis on the cultural rather than religious picture – based on the fact that the country is governed by a quasi tribal monarchy rather than a religious figurehead. You’ll see from what I have written that I see change coming , starting gradually in 2014, then gathering pace in 2015-16. There are some indications of religious fervour forming part of those themes.


I'm also going to see if can attach my analysis with the significators to a pm to you.


change is inevitable. i think it is ongoing and in that sense it is happening at present as well. in fact, i think the dynamic of syria the past 2 years, along with and the changes taking place rapidly in the usa's relationship to iran are a serious threat to the status quo and to saudi arabia in particular at this moment in time.

thanks for your comments and anything you'd like to share in addition to these comments here!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 2753
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

king salman seems to have been inaugurated based on the time of the death of his half brother on jan 23 2015 at 1am.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salman_of_Saudi_Arabia

i would like to tie all this together in the thread on the saturn pluto conjunction coming approx 2019- 2020 area, but not sure how to do it. i believe this conjunction will mark an important turning point for saudi arabia and quite possibly the whole middle east region and by extension the world..

here is a chart for salman's inauguration as king of sa for 1am jan 23/2015..

image post
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hsn1983



Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Posts: 44
Location: Home

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturn jupitor conjunction in 2018-2019 in airy sign is indicative of the birth of a new long lasting nation according to aristotle, i read this in old arabic manuscript belongs to aristotle edited by arab medieval scholar, don't remember his name. So is this conjunction more serious than pluto saturn ? As far as I know pluto wasn't recognized as a planet in ancient times and never mensioned in books
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 2753
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Hsn1983

in fact the saturn/pluto conjunction happens at the beginning of 2020, while the jupiter/saturn happens on the capricorn ingress 2020 - both in the year 2020! i wouldn't say the saturn/pluto is more important.. i just associate it more with war and the hardship connected to war...

below is a chart for the jupiter/saturn conjunction dec 21 2020 set to the capital of saudi arabia..


photo sharing sites

edit - image fix..


Last edited by james_m on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 2753
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: Salman of Saudi Arabia and his son Mohammad bin Salman Al Sa Reply with quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salman_of_Saudi_Arabia


adult photo sharing

and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_bin_Salman_Al_Saud


upload pic

the date of the father seems solid, although i have no time of day for him.. the date for the son is questionable, but i personally like what i see off the date given of aug 31st 1985 for a few reasons.. below is a biwheel with father inside and son outside..


free image upload

one of the obvious connections between the charts is that of the moon in pisces.. whether the date is correct for the son, this would support part of my rationale for this date being valid.. the other part is a description of the son as 'reckless' and who is the youngest defense minister responsible in part for what has transpired in yemen since saudi arabias direct involvement.. the mars - saturn square with mars in leo in the commanding position speaks to me about this characterization..

perhaps the strongest connection between the charts happens to be the sun in virgo in the son, in opposition to saturn in pisces in the father.. if ever 2 symbols could capture a father son relationship in a clear manner, i think these 2 would qualify.. as it happens the saturn/neptune square which just pasted exactitude lands on this opposition in the father and sons chart at approx 7 mutable.. it also happens that the solar arc direction off a day chart for the son brings together sa sun at saturn by 45.. perhaps the growing responsibility of the sons position is more then he was ready for.. regardless, it is interesting conjecture in the absence of concrete details on the date and time of birth for both of them..

perhaps one of the more interesting patterns gotten off the syastry between the two charts is uranus@1 taurus in fathers chart being opposed by uranus @2 scorpio in the sons chart.. this happens to be close to the station of mercury @ 1 aquarius at present which also happens to be involved in a direct square to mars at 0-1 scorpio..

it seems the cutting off of dissidents heads, not to mention the cutting off of diplomatic ties with iran all capture a type of radical and abrupt actions on the part of the saudi arabian leadership.. i wonder if a possible removal of the son or father, or even a power struggle between the 2 is part of the basis for the unfolding events at present in saudi arabia?

i continue to believe major change and upheaval is in store for saudi arabia.. the actions of the past year solidify my view on this.. the next turning point of significance for me will be the arrival of the eclipse cycle data that coincides with the nodal axis on the sun-saturn opposition between the father and son - 7 virgo/pisces area... this will take place over a period of time, but the solar eclipse for sept 1st 2016 is a good beginning wash over point.. it happens that a mars-saturn conjunction squaring onto the se is an important feature to this chart which i have also included below.. i think it strongly suggests more upheaval to me.. i note the 135 from uranus to the se point as well..


image hosting more than 5mb

edit - image fix..


Last edited by james_m on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 2753
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i happened to notice this morning the strong connections in the inauguration chart i posted on june 6th this year, to the solar eclipse chart for this coming sept 1st 2016... also of note are the obvious connections back to both father and son discussed in my previous post...

also of note the precise data for the jupiter-saturn conjunction might be slightly out.. i was looking in a book i have - tables of planetary phenomena by neil f. michelsen and not he has 18:22 ut for a 0 aq 29 jupiter-saturn conjunction.. my local time is 9:20, so perhaps 2 minutes out for a slightly later ascendant - 26 leo 40, as opposed to 26 leo 13..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hsn1983



Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Posts: 44
Location: Home

Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Friday the 29th of January at 12:10 afternoon terror strikes a mosque in Hofuf city Saudi Arabia "coordinates 49.34n 25.22e"
The asendant was 26 taurus conjuncts algol star, by whole sign house venus the lord signifying the people is in 9 th house of prayer and worship. Mars the enemy lord is in scorpio the seventh dignified indicates the increase of terrorists "A'arabs" intensity and squares the sun in aquarius which is in his detriment maybe indicates the weak authority and failure to fight extremism.

Any insight on other significators of the attack?
Thank you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 2753
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is an msm story on the event...http://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-mosque-idUSKCN0V711T

here is the chart for the event..

free image hosting

what i notice is the mars-saturn surrounding the western descendant angle with the degree of the angle at 27 applying to the midpoint of mars/saturn at 28.. after that i notice the close hard aspect between the sun and mercury/pluto.. that is a 22.30 aspect - 1/2 a 45, which is 1/2 a 90.. 22.30 is 1/4 of a 90 degree aspect... you can see it on a 45 degree wheel..

i suppose the most obvious aspect is the mars squared onto the midheaven degree.. mars rules the 12th and 7th in this chart...

there is no way i could have made a prediction just looking at this data.. it is an hindsight astrology 101.. there are so many terrorist type events happening now, it is hard to figure out a way to make any useful connections from the event astrologically, although maybe someone else has some insight into this they might like to share.. i looked at the aries and cap ingress charts on a biwheel with the event data.. one can see some connections, but one would be hard pressed to make a prediction beforehand..

edit - image fix..


Last edited by james_m on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
. Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

       
Contact Deborah Houlding  | terms and conditions  
All rights on all text and images reserved. Reproduction by any means is not permitted without the express
agreement of Deborah Houlding or in the case of articles by guest astrologers, the copyright owner indictated