Two clarification questions

one, in horary what is different in looking for a rental property than a home to live in? what additional things do I want to look at? or look at differently? (maybe there is an earlier question someone can point me to if this has been answered before?)

and When thinking of starting a business, what is different than looking for a job? or would the chart be essentially the same?

thanks in advance for any assistance here.

Granny

If the question you are asking is whether the rental property will be a good home for you, I?d still base it primarily on the 4th house and look whether the conditions affecting that are essentially good or bad.
and When thinking of starting a business, what is different than looking for a job? or would the chart be essentially the same?
Pretty much. You want a good strong 10th house (and ruler) to show the viability of the business and its succes, and you want a good 2nd house to show that it will have good financial prospects.

It?s still mainly 4th house but again, make sure the 2nd house and its ruler, and the part of fortune is strong, well placed and disposited by good planets, to show the financial viability. The Moon should be fortunate too, and whenever you are buying anything it?s best to have the Moon moving from malefics to benefics (vice versa when you are selling).

Tenants are usually said to be represented by the 6th house but in his electional advice Ramesey says you should make sure the angles are free from malefics ?and especially the seventh house; for the Malevolents there, cause mischief, malice and deceit of the Husbandmen or Tenents of the ground or houses; Saturn therein placed, shows their cozening and lying; Mars denotes them liars, inconstant and thieves.?

I have a particular interest in real estate charts, and a few months ago I went through all my horary books (12 or 13 or so) and various forum posts to collect charts related to that topic.

It seems clear that you look to this 5th for information as to the viability of the project as an investment, as the 5th is the 2nd of the 4th. The 2nd seems to relate more to any out-of-pocket expenses you might incur if you have to fix the place up. In some cases it might be a factor if you are having trouble raising the downpayment.

I don't recall any examples about rentals, but I think they would still fall under the 5th, as a rental house is still an investment.

Hope this helps,

Bob