Philippines storm

I'm not usually one to comment after the event but this dramatic satellite picture of the recent storm in the Philippines made me curious to see what was happening in that nation's chart and whether (apologies for pun) it was picking up the Mercury station trine Neptune ( wind and water)

http://www.komonews.com/weather/blogs/s ... 39381.html

Using the July 1946 Chart in Campion's book gives the following:

Asc 2degree Virgo -So Neptune is on the Descendant-
and progressed Venus at 2 degree Scorpio being transited by Mercury and sextiled by transiting Venus

The MCI/IC axis is also at 3 degrees

But also worth noting is the longer term scene setter -the progressed Asc at 7 degrees Leo conjoins natal Mercury which is sextile progressed Neptune in Libra

There are other some other interesting but wider aspects involving the Moon Mercury and Mars in Virgo. There certainly seems to have ben a lot going on astrologically.

I'm not a astro-weather expert so would be interested to know if this sort of configuration has occurred in other country's with big storms
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

Hi Amelia,

Could you give the exact time for the chart you are using for the Philipiines if you are not able to display it?

This is certainly an epic storm which has led to terrible loss of life.

Thanks

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

hi amelia,
the link you gave mark isn't an open link for me.. it says i have to sign in..

"One account. All of Google.
Sign in to continue to Blogger"

i have nic campion giving 9:15am july 4 1946. manila.. it looks like that is what you are using as it is 2 virgo on the ascendant and as you note - neptune transit on the descendant.

imgur

and on a biwheel with mundane chart on the inside with solar return on the outside.

free upload pictures

2013 profection lord is mars which rules the 8th...mars is prominent, rising in the mundane day chart we have for the philippines.. the uranus/pluto square engages the cancer sun directly. uranus lands in the solar return 8th.. in the solar return chart - ascendant ruler mars lands in the 8th as well.. saturn in scorpio rising is stationary as is mercury at 21 cancer which is in a 5 degree conjunction to mundane chart saturn..

marjorie orr discusses the typhoon eclipse data to the philippine chart here - http://www.star4cast.com/index2f.asp?pa ... e.asp?id=1

A powerful feature of Vedic astrology is the nakshatras (lunar mansions) which is originated from the Vedas, probably the oldest written book. These nakshatras can be likened to a superimposed "zodiac" over the ordinary signs or constellations,
with 27 nakshatras spreading out over the zodiac 13'20 degrees each.

One unique mundane happening now is that transiting Saturn, North node, Mercury AND the 3 November eclipse all is placed in the Nakshatra called Swati which is
when using the sidereal zodiac from 6'Lib40'-20'Lib00'.
Swati is ruled by the Vedic mythic figure Vayu, the wind god.

Some Vedic astrologers have mentioning about storms when transit saturnus went into swati. Now with almost every point in the Vedic chart (omitting outers) is
in the nakshatra of wind it is fascinating that one of the worst storms ever is
manifesting in the world.

From kellehers site:
http://www.jameskelleher.com/index.php/ ... ipses.html
There will be a Rare Solar Hubrid Eclipse on November 3, 2013. This eclipse occurs in the nakshatra of Swati, in the middle of Libra. Swati's shakti is the power to scatter like the wind. It is ruled by Vayu the god of the wind. It's desire is the desire to roam freely throughout the universe. The eclipse heightens this tendency and may also cause problems related to wind, travel and dispersion.
Joni patry (she is rather often a doomsday predictor might be said).
From my book: Predictions for 2013:
?Each time Rahu was in Libra there were extremes with weather, record cold winters and hot summers, hurricanes, floods, and earthquakes.

Swati (6 degrees 40 minutes Libra? 20 degrees Libra) Ruled by Rahu

July 16, 2013- February 14, 2014: Rahu in Swati
October 12, 2012-November 4, 2013: Saturn in Swati
July 16-November 4, 2013: Both Saturn and Rahu in Swati

The symbol is a young sprout swaying in the wind, indicates independence and movement. The ruling deity is Vayu, the wind. This represents new growth and beginnings, but the tendency to sway back and forth. The symbol of the wind indicates strong forces, which represent storms and severe weather conditions such as hurricanes, typhoons, and tornadoes throughout this time.?

hi amelia,
the link you gave mark isn't an open link for me.. it says i have to sign in..
Sorry- I've amended it now. It is the same as the one you've posted but I had added progressions and transits

It is so long since I posted a chart or a link to one on here, I forgot what I was supposed to do
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

I conceive this historical typhon in the Philippines to be related to Mercury's 2nd station in the degree of the Moon's fall on November 10., coinciding with the waxing, but violent half-Moon and square cast between the luminaries involving the signs of Aquarius and Scorpio.

There could be other factors, like the Solar eclipse on Nov. 3 configured with Saturn, and comet ISON is passing through Scorpio, too. There is an awful lot of traffic in this area of the sky at the moment.
http://www.astronor.com

The Typhoon Hayannn and the Saturn-Jupiter conjunction

Hello,the reading of medievalf astrologuer Abu Mashar, led me to research the Saturn/Jupiter conjunction;i find thar some of the worst natural disasters and earthquakes followed lunations and Eclipse over tha last Saturn/Jupiter conjunction prior the fact.To name a few: The Lisbon Earthquake of november 1755;Messina earthquake,1908;Kracatoas eruption and Tsunami-1883.Katarina- USA,august 2005

Recently, i was doing research with Indonsia's national chart,expecting some event;i came across with stron eclipses and lunation charts,one of them, the november,17 clearly pointing to a major natural disaster that affects land an water,It was possible to antecipate it in the region of Indonesia or nearby countries,with near coordinates.

In fact i calculated the lunation chart for Indonesia coordinates and had an understanding that differences of longitude and latitude between those countries of the region would dislocate Saturn to more or less proximity with the IC.

Gerson