Injury to the hand?

On 27th Feb I have a martial art grading. I have to break a one inch wooden board with my fist. Although I have prepared for it, I am a bit nervous as those boards look EVIL. :shock:

I have just drafted a horary, asking the specific question "Will I break my hand?" I guess I should have asked will I sustain any injury, but anyway.

Data is:

19th Feb 2005
21:01hrs GMT
Southend 51N33 0E43

I wasn't quite sure about rulerships, but I've taken Venus, the ruler of the first for my main significator. I then took the ruler of the third as I understand that relates to the hands. But I wonder if I should use Saturn as it is the ruler of bones?

Jupiter is in the first house and retrograde. I'm not sure if this is bad news or not. Does the fact it's retrograde in Libra and my significator is Venus indicate a self inflicted injury? Venus is on the cusp of the 5th house, so it's in it's joy, so hopefully that will strengthen it somewhat. Also, this is my hobby, which I love. My co-significator, the Moon is strong. Saturn is retrograde and in the 10th. It's ruled by Cancer, so again, is it indicating something self-inflicted?

I have done a lot of preparation for this, and not breaking the board isn't enough to fail you in the test, so it's not crucial I break it. But I do have to go through with it on the day. I have said that I will only try three times. If it doesn't break after the third go, then I will not continue. I have spoken to black belts and I know what I have to do, but what is putting me off is a couple of friends have sustained injuries in the past from trying this. One of them even had to have surgery. :shock: I know where they went wrong, so hopefully I won't make the same mistake, but it's pretty nervewracking.

Any help you guys can give to unravel this chart is much appreciated. :D

I don't do martial arts but I can understand your anxiety.

This is obviously very important to you, but I'm not sure it is a good idea to do a horary at all on this question. I'm concerned that any type of negative thinking could influence the outcome. I am also concerned that too much analysis might detract from your focus. You need a confident, positive approach to the task at hand. Casting a chart and analysing it could detract from such, and encourage a negative mind-set.

Just to let you know, I have just come back from my grading and the board broke on the second attempt! :lala I didn't feel any pain, but one of the knuckles on my right hand looks a bit swollen and bruised, but it doesn't actually hurt. My hands are a bit red from the cold, so I could be imagining it though!

Hi Pocket Dragon

Just passing by and saw your post on the martial art horary. Since you gave the outcome (btw CONGRATULATIONS !) I thought it would be interesting to have a look.

The chart has an 11Lib10 Ascendant, I hope I've got it right.

Your ruler, Venus, about to enter the 5th house of contests, in sextile with Pluto, is showing you getting ready to break the wooden boards...
Jupiter, ruler of the 6th of health is retrograde in the 1st house, meaning that you'll return to a previous state of health. Jupiter is in trine with Neptune (the other 6th ruler), good news.
Moon's applying aspects show what happened: square Jupiter (slightly injured, swollen hand), conjunct Saturn Rx (first attempt, failed), sextile Pars of Fortune (board broken).

The Moon and MC on Sirius ensured your success (the Moon is the final dispositor of this chart). Also a good connection was the Moon in mutual reception by triplicity with Mars.

Even if Deb didn't like my theory on the Sabian Symbols in a horary chart the last time I send a message about it (several months ago), I'd like to post the Sabian Symbol for the antiscia of the Ascendant, which describes you (read the theory here http://astrologyweekly.com/astrology-ar ... ymbols.php, if interested): "A MASTER INSTRUCTING HIS DISCIPLE." This is the closest you can get to the image of Martial Arts, which is not that bad after all.

Radu

Thanks Siraxi, for a very thorough interpretation!

Although my hand is ok, I think I have some sort of injury, as whenever I punch anything a bruise comes out in the same place as before. I can normally punch the sandbag to death and not get any marks, so there is definitely a weakness there. It's nothing serious though, so I just have to rest it for a couple of months. :)

Even if Deb didn't like my theory on the Sabian Symbols in a horary chart the last time I send a message about it (several months ago)...
Just to clarify Radu, if someone feels that using the Sabian symbols aids their understanding of horary, that?s fine by me. What I thought was too much was when you proposed that the key to understanding the chart lay in the Sabian symbol of the antiscion degree of the house cusps involved!

Antiscia can be very important. Sabian symbols, I'm sure are illuminating at times; but we shouldn't need to contort the chart to that degree, (or stand on our heads), to see the real meaning of the chart.