Drawn to Tibet

Hello, I'd like the opinion from you, advanced and experienced astrologers on a matter that's been puzzling for months

Last summer I traveled to Tibet for the first time. It always has been the ultimate dream for me to go there. When I used to watch documentary's on tv about Tibet, the monasteries, the himalayas, I really got so emotional. I felt I just had to go there, no matter what, so finally last summer I booked a trip.

It was the most amazing trip I have ever done. And I'm an experienced traveler, so I saw much of the world already. But Tibet just captured my heart, Tibet and its people. I'm very angry at the chinese for the way they treat the people there and are gradually destroying the Tibetan heritage and culture. I saw it with my own eyes. I had to be careful, when talking to our Tibetan guide, because mentionning the 14th Dalai Lama during a visit in a monastery would be very dangerous for him and his family. So I kept quiet but deep inside I swore I would no longer remain silent once home.

I made a beautiful slideshow with the more than 2000 photo's I made during the trip and contacted the Tibetan-Flemish friendship circle in Belgium to ask what I could do to help support the Tibetan cause. Because I get up with Tibet and go to sleep with Tibet ever since my return. :-)

And it turned out that I will be giving a presentation with my slideshow in Brugge, Belgium, february 23rd.
Somehow I feel I'm at a sort of cross roads in my life. I work as a management assistant in a multinational company that does business and owns factories in China, and I feel bad about that, but what can I do ?

It took me until now, being 51 years old to find out where my true talents lie. I have a way with words. People tell me I should have been a writer or journalist. I'm extremely passionate when something or someone captures my heart and I can motivate and move people talking about my passions in life. And I'm getting so many positive responses when people see my photo's of Tibet. So putting it all together I have the feeling that I should do something with those talents and my passion for Tibet (I'm saving for another trip in 2015). I looked at the transits for the day of my presentation, and Mercury will be exactly conjunct my MC.

I cannot put the chart up here, don't know how to. But I can give the info and somewhere on this forum, my chart should be up too, but I can't find it immediately.
In a former topic here someone pointed out that in Astro cartography the Moon/IC line goes straight through Tibet. And when I read the meaning of that, it made so much sense.

If you would please just give some opinion on my chart or see the changes ahead and what they might bring I would be very thankful.
I saw that transit Uranus will cross my progressed MC too, and is part of the current Uranus-Pluto square. But I don't know how to interpret. I study astrology myself, but find it difficult to read my own chart. I always seem to miss the obvious

my birth info :
born in Kortrijk, Belgium (31e16, 50n50)
on september 5th 1962
time : 23:18 (11:18PM) (correct birthtime)
AC : 24?51' Gemini

thank you and best regards,

Here is your diurnal chart for February the 23rd... [Be sure and notice that diurnal Ascendant lines up with your 5th House Venus on this day, in which you will be showing your vacation slides.]
The Pluto-Moon aspect suggests a major transformative change in what you need to be doing routinely (Moon in 6th). This hints at your influence on the public as well as a likely change in your own self-evaluation. (Moon ruling 2nd)

The Saturn and Uranus contact to your Mars suggests a dilemma between your old way of asserting energy (Saturn, for security) and a new, more progressive way (Uranus, for humanitarian reasons). Jupiter conjoining Mars points to likely choosing successfully as well as developing courage and having the energy to pull this off. Mercury is your chart ruler and Saturn and Uranus contacting it marks off perfect synchronicity for your change of mind (and somewhat change of identity) relating to the theme of "doing something positive for Tibet."

There is much more to be seen, of course, but these are the stand-outs from my cursory look...

Take care and good luck!

James

Thank you very much, James

You saw the confirmation of what I feel in my chart and explained perfectly the feeling I have.

It feels transformative and real deep. Pluto will trine my Sun too. From the 8th house, which is also deep transformational.

I do feel that my routine day to day job as management assistant doesn't fulfill me anymore. I want to do something that really matters.

With Mars in my second house in Cancer, I always struggled to maintain a financial stability. But always manage to keep my head above water somehow.

So yes, I do feel the growing urge to make a new choice, change direction and take a new path in humanitarian work or something to do with supporting the Tibetan cause. I just don't know what to do exactly to accomplish that. I kind of hope that my presentation on february 23rd will help me get in touch with the right people and something might come of it. I believe in synchronicity and the so called meaningful coincidences and being asked to do this presentation feels like somehow it will be meaningful or might lead to the next step

Thank you again for helping me see it in my chart. Greatly appreciated

You are very welcome...glad it was helpful!

Re: Pluto-Sun

Yes, very powerful. I see this more as an aspect allowing your transformation of personality, which is being prodded by the more dynamic aspects.

Still, the outcome is essentially the same. You are being transformed at the Self level. This is all coming together simultaneously, which puts great faith (in my perception) that you are making these changes in your real life, just as you are being prompted to encompass more of your chart. ie. your decision to do something motivated by helping others and standing up for a cause are highlighted by similar astrological factors, underscoring the correctness in the activity.

My only "warning" is that with Jupiter conjoining Mars, that you are careful not to come off as too preachy or forceful in trying to impart your conclusions onto others. Other than that, this event seems programmed for success and I really do wish you the best possible outcome. Relatively selfless acts that challenge one's security but are undertaken because they are the right thing to do is not that common. Kudos!

Would love to see some of the images... I hope you'll post some somewhere and share the link.

Take care,

James

I have Pluto conjunct my natal Sun, which makes me rather intense when I'm passionate about something :-)
Moon in Scorpio is also giving me an emotional depth and with Mercury in Libra I have a way of saying things or putting it all into words. When I'm convinced of something, I can really talk into people and convince them of my views and opinions. Sometimes it's stronger than myself

So yes, I'm quite aware that Jupiter conjunct Mars can make me very preachy-like :-)

The founder of the Tibetan-Flemish friendship circle, who asked me to do the reading, did so because of a mail I sent him in which I talked about my trip to Tibet. He invited me over and we watched my slideshow together. He said he could feel the heart and soul I put into it and therefor wanted me to give the presentation on february 23rd. Because he's convinced it will have a profound impact on the audience. I have no idea who will attend though, but he has a lot of connections and knows a lot of people. So I hope I can meet people and connect to people that might put me on the right track to do humanitarian work for Tibet in some form.
I'm very grateful for the opportunity he's giving me.

I will upload the video of my presentation and put the link here if you're interested to see it.

Thank you again for helping me out with my chart. I'm so glad that it's all coming together, the planets are moving in to complete a puzzle...and show me the rest of my life goal, that's exactly how I feel this now. Very thrilled !

hi Madeleine,

thanks for sharing. here is my astro take.

it's easy to get lost in the details when doing astrology. i think the pivotal transit here is saturn squaring onto your midheaven axis. the midheaven can represent concrete goals and ambitions we set for ourselves but the reality of our life might not align with our changing sense of who we are.. with midheaven in the sign aquarius, i tend to think there is a focus on living for some meaningful cause or vision for the betterment of humankind, perhaps thru some group participation, or organization that share similar goals, though it doesn't have to be. i think t saturn having just squared onto the midheaven is helping to bring a lot more clarity on your vision for what you'd ultimately like to be doing with your life. obviously it implies a realignment (a 6th house/sign concept and where saturn is at present, and the sun/pluto also periodically suggests this) of your present position as opposed to what you can vision yourself doing in the future. the transit of pluto will certainly help in so far as you will be willing to undergo the demands needed to make the changes you visualize for yourself.. saturn is such an important planet in defining important changes in our life and while i don't discount all the other planetary movements, i see saturn as having special significance here and in general.

it is interesting to me as the natal position of your saturn also happens to be in aquarius which adds strength to your general comments here and seems to suggest a possible alignment with a particular religious outlook or group where you share a similar vision. perhaps the tibetan culture and philosophy is something that you really resonate with to such a degree you feel the need to relocate. the secondary progression of your ascendant opposes natal saturn at present as well. this picture also seems to cement the importance of the 9th house and sign - aquarius which happens to include the midheaven. in 2 years time sp sun will square onto this same saturn as well.. the sec prog moon makes an exact trine to your midheaven degree at present as well from the 5th house libra area, so the timing for a public exhibition of your slideshow in february lines up quite well with this too..

there is lots to consider astrologically and i am skipping over most of it. one other interesting connection is how the moon/neptune scorpio combo midpoint directly onto your midheaven degree. saturn would have transited this midpoint degree - 19 scorpio 17 very recently as well and will do so again over the course of this year.

here is what your chart looks like relocated to the capital of tibet. it is true the position of planets close to the angles are always more porminent then planets further away from them, but i find the position of venus in your relocated chart very suggestive for a few reasons. it would seem to suggest the beauty you were able to capture in the photo journalism that you engaged in while in tibet and an important planet as it is the ruler of the midheaven in the relocated chart. mars-mercury square midpoints exact on the ascendant degree here too.. relocating your chart to lhasa is essentially moving the midheaven 90 degrees while the ascendant moves 60.. here is what it looks like..

image url upload

Thank you very much James

Also in your delineation I recognize exactly how I feel when you talk about Saturn being so important.

I always felt Saturn in my chart very strongly. Transits always brought change, so this time I guess it does too.

I remember Saturn was exactly transiting conjunct my natal Jupiter when I finally filed for divorce after an abusive marriage. So Saturn is strong in my chart and dignified if I'm correct, being in its own sign and diurnal sect. Some astrologers used to say that with Saturn in my 9th house I would travel later in life. Especially the Aquarius type of travels, meaning, not the all inclusive Costa Del Sol kind of vacations :-)

the 9th house is also religion and what we believe in, so travel in combination with religion points to that too.

And I think the struggle I feel now between my current job, which is boring and not fulfilling, and really doing something meaningful is very strong right now, just as the Saturn Midheaven square hits.

I don't know if relocation to Tibet is in the stars for me, but since I'm into buddhism and reincarnation, I can accept the idea of maybe a former life in that part of the world, which makes me feel so deeply involved with Tibet and its people now.

I've met a young Tibetan refugee, through my contacts with the Tibetan-Flemish friendship circle. I didn't meet him in person, but on Facebook. He's about the age of my two sons and he fled from Tibet to India as a child of 12yrs old. His family remained in Tibet. He arrived in India all alone and was taken in by the sister of the Dalai Lama who runs a school for Tibetan refugee children in Dharamsala. He's 28 years old now and hasn't seen his family since. We've been in touch by mail and phone and I feel so much empathy for him, I feel I could love just as easily and as much as I love my own two sons. Or is it just because he misses his mother and family so much that I try to compensate by being there for him to listen when he wants to pour his heart out.

Anyway, humanitarian work and helping the people of Tibet, even if it's just one person, seems to be my new goal in life. I don't know exactly how I will combine it with my regular job, or if somehow I will be able to afford to quit my job and join an organisation for humanitary help in or for Tibet, but I do know that Tibet is somehow in my future and it's a relief to read here that the movements in my chart seem to point in that direction too. It confirms what I feel and I hope I can get support from the universe in reaching my goal. :-)

My photo's really are beautiful, even if I say so myself, so Venus did her job well capturing the beauty of Tibet :-)

Thank you for the elaborate reading of my chart, thank you so much :-)

Madeleine

thanks for opening up and sharing. i do think saturn is an important planet in your chart for a few reasons.. according to hellenistic astrology in a night chart saturn becomes the malefic and in your chart it is out of sect. it is also retrograde which weakens its ability to act some too, but it rules your midheaven regardless. jupiter in pisces is also quite strong by sign and house position, but also retro and again a planet of the opposite sect here. these 2 planets seem to connect with a religious emphasis. whether you relocate - it sounds like you won't - doesn't really matter. the fact you have a connection with a particular place makes a lot of sense using relocation astrology. all the best in your upcoming event and doing the work you feel motivated to do.

Hello,

Here's the links to part 1 and part 2 of my Tibet presentation, as promised earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr5_yLiix3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSE1fvBnph0

And a little update about this subject. I have decided to take a course for travel guide. I want to continue traveling, and especially to Tibet and the Himalayan region.
I really don't know if I stand a chance on making a new carreer and actually becoming a full time travel guide. But if I just sit there in my dull office job, doing nothing, then nothing will happen. So I don't have anything to loose by taking this course and giving it a try. :-)

Hope you enjoy the film. That's the one I will show on my presentation on february 23rd. I still have a feeling my life is at a crossroads and about to change drastically. The direction however will have to reveal itself in time.

thank you again for sharing your views on my chart

Madeleine

Update

My presentation was a huge success. My life was a calm flowing country brook, but now I feel like I'm wild water rafting...everything goes so fast and I have to make decisions fast too.

I will start a course for travel tour leader in Holland on march 15th and I'm very busy in the new workgroup I joined to help Tibetan people in Belgium. I also had a Tibetan refugee in my home for almost 3 weeks. A young man who came to France for asylum but got stranded here because the people who arranged for him to come to Europe, abandoned him the moment he arrived. I knew him from Facebook and e-mail since last year and took him in and helped him. So now I'm into the asylum procedures for both Belgium and France, trying to help him. He's such a sweet young man, the age of my own two sons. I couldn't find it in my heart not to help him.

I found myself driving him to Paris last week ! I actually had to drive into such a huge city...

Two weeks ago I was attending the Tibetan Intergroup meeting in the European Parlaiment...met the new president of the International Campaign for Tibet...I met all the big shot people of the NGO's that work for Tibet...

I never ever dreamed of going to the European Parlaiment, let alone meeting such important people.

So really...I am on a wild water rafting adventure ! Next week I'm going to Paris to attend the manifestation for Tibet. I met lots of new people last sunday at my presentation. Tibetans of the local Tibetan community in Belgium who added me on Facebook and chat with me because they are so grateful for what I do for Tibet.

My life really changed so much. I have no idea where it will all lead to in the future....just like rafting...I have to go with the flow and stay afloat, but it's really so exciting.

My daytime job is dull and boring...I'm physically present and doing my job like I should, but my heart and soul are with all the activities I do for Tibet.

I really am at a crossroads..my life is turned upside down completely. would that be with the current astrological movements of Uranus and Pluto ?
Mars being in my 5th house could be the young Tibetan I see as a child that entered my life...a third child ? Allthough not biological, but I have very strong motherly feelings...he has fled from Tibet at the age of 12, sent to India to get an education in the Dalai Lama schools of Dharamsala. He was all alone, the rest of his family stayed in Tibet. He managed to graduate from Chennai university and now wants a future in Europe. Get a citizenship here and dreams about going to Tibet one more time to see his family...as a European tourist, he might get a visa for visiting Tibet. If not, he will never see his family again. Being a mother myself I feel so protective over him and took him into my home to give him a home away from home. That boy captured the hearts of everyone here in my own family too.

But his future is uncertain and we all are afraid for what awaits him here. I wish I could just let him live here with me and find him a job. But European asylum laws prevent this.

Anyway...I just wanted to update this topic, because my life has changed so drastically, I cannot believe myself what is happening. I hardly sleep at night anymore because it's hard to keep up the fast paste it is taking...wild water rafting...