Madeleine,

Youtube is banned in my country. Do you have photos of Tibet in any other media? (link please)

Saturn in your natal chart is weak and highly negative. Transiting Saturn in Sagittarius would be highly challenging (in a negative way). If I had been you I would spend/plan my dreaded Transit in a country or in a region where laws are strictly adhered to specially relating to 'Human Rights'. Goa, as a choice of residence seems correct, but you should search more about it.

The 'love/interest' you have mentioned is of short term duration.

Your Tibetan calling seems more in line with your 'Birth Chart', however, for reasons political and Solar. It should be confined to admiring the beauty of the region, than to highlighting the political issues.
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Hi Madeleine,

Frankly, I don't really need to resort to astrology to tell you that making such an important step in life like permanently moving to another country/culture on grounds (eventually) of a short romance with a married man (with strong ties to his family) is tricky, to say the least! I wonder if you are not involuntarily setting yourself up for another tragedy, here.

Plus: You say that you can financially afford this relocation ? but a statement made earlier by you leaves this somewhat ambiguous. Did you thoroughly think it through?

Let me make a few observations regarding your transits (I'm using the Equal House System):

To me, the big issue at the moment is Neptune transiting natal Jupiter by conjunction in their common domicile Pisces, in the 9th house. He is applying to Chiron, as well. Further, he is in opposition to natal Pluto which himself is in conjunction with your Sun, and in a wider conjunction with Uranus. I feel that Neptune's activation of this important stellium plays the key role in your current experiences.

You do see your world in its most beautiful colours right now, and this is a wonderful experience, to be sure. However, Neptune's transits could leave with you with shards, if you try to build too much too quickly on what seems to have the potential for various difficulties.

Transiting Neptune's square to the Moon may leave you vulnerable to not-so-well-grounded thinking right now. So there is the potential that mundane reality will hit you like a ton of rock when Saturn will transit the Moon in the near future (James has mentioned it before). Natively, the Moon is at the receiving end of a T-square encompassing the opposition between Jupiter and Uranus. She is also in a natal semi-sextile with love planet Venus which in turn casts quite an exact semi-square to the Sun, both contributing to a marked receptivity to emotional hurts in relationships ? especially in context with romances as represented by the 5th house where Venus abides. Saturn will activate these constellations by his transits over the next good year.

I strongly agree with James that you should go really easy right now, taking only one careful step at a time. Your Sun in Virgo and 3rd should allow you to do this, even though certainly 1st house Mars' wishes to rush forward, inspired by the visions he is receiving by trine from Neptune in transit. I think it would be wise to focus on Neptune's ability to provide spiritual guidance. Wait and see in what direction life's flow really wants to take you!

In my (perhaps non-traditional) opinion, all these dynamic constellations stand for potentials in truly constructive ways, as well. Your humanitarian interests and activities seem to be strongly in line with this.

I did not elaborate my delineations very much, but I can go into any factor in more detail, upon request.

Best wishes,
Michael

First of all thank you for helping me out...because I'm getting mixed interpretations of what's happening. I tried to study astrology myself for a while, but find it very difficult, especially for predictions and more so for my own chart.

I'm well aware that I have to be very careful, so rest assured, I won't just sell my house and go off on an adventure in which I will risk everything I have.

I also saw the Neptune transit over my 7th house lord Jupiter and it scares me. Because I know Neptune is all about illusions and rose coloured glasses.

About the relationship with the Tibetan man. I try to keep my feet on the ground. But it's not easy. I question his motives all the time allthough I haven't found anything suspicious just yet. I know that Tibetans many times are forced into 'marriage' when they reach a certain age. My friend told me that his family was putting tremendous pressure on him to marry and have children, eventhough he was not ready for it. He's not legally married, he just formed some kind of agreement with a woman he was friends with in school in Dharamsala. Both being of age to marry and both under family pressure.

Ofcourse..that is what he told me and I cannot know if that's true or not. I only know that he did lots of efforts to get in contact with me and persue me. I heard stories of women who got seduced by foreign men tricking them into marriage to get legal residence papers. But in his case, that's impossible. I live in Belgium, he asked for asylum in France. I cannot help him there.
I offered him financial help, but he refused. So I dont know what to think in regard of his feelings for me. Maybe he did fell in love with me. I sure love him.

The idea of relocating was actually an idea of a female friend of mine. We were talking about life here, how expensive it is and for single women like us, especially. I live in a large house. Both my sons are adults and will live their own life. My eldest lives on the other side of Belgium and my youngest is preparing to relocate to the US. His company has a division there. So I will be here on my own. I've always been drawn to foreign countries and cultures, especially the East. So the idea came up to relocate to India and live the life I really want. I don't see myself sitting in my boring office job for another 10 years...It's really a depressing thought.

But I do realize these are decisions you don't take just like that. So I'm not thinking short term here, but in a matter of years. If my relationship with my Tibetan friend turns out to be long term and the feelings on both sides are strong enough to really go for it, then I think a relocation to India might be a great idea. He lives in Paris now and will never have a chance to really build up a good and comfortable life. Tibetan refugees, or any refugees, even with a residence permit, will never find a decent and well paid job like us Europeans. He might wash dishes in restaurants for the rest of his life.
In India, a country he lived in and knows, he might have a good future together with me. We could run a small guesthouse together and even run a small travel agency.

Ofcourse, these are just ideas right now. But people do it all the time. Just today I heard of a Belgian couple who relocated to Kenia a few years ago and now run a business there, organise safari's and are living their dream. With careful planning and preparation, why should that not be possible for me ?

First of all, I'm planning a vacation to Goa in december this year. I want to go check out the place and see what it's like for myself.

I have talked to a few astrologers I know here in Belgium and one of them said that a long term relationship with a foreigner is shown in my chart. Just exactly how James said, by primary direct saturn on my descendant. Also other signs showing a new long term relationship. Secundary progressed Moon conjunct Venus soon. transit Pluto trine my natal Sun could indicate a new and transformative relationship and move from the home. A Vedic astrologer on an astrology forum predicted marriage (or long term relationship) starting from march 2014 (I met my friend in february 2014 and started a relationship march 15).

Anyway...just because I want to be careful and make sure I don't do anything stupid, I'm turning to astrology to find some answers or warnings. But it seems I still get mixed interpretations.

the 9th house is somehow very activated...but does it show my relationship with a foreigner ?
does is show relocation to a far away country ?
Or does is show a relocation to a far away country with a partner (husband or longterm relationship)

I do realize also that ultimately we make our own choices and astrology can help a little. But I do need that help to see clear through the rose coloured glasses I have on my nose.
I'm in love, so ofcourse I'm blind. :-)

that's why I posted the question here. I won't take hasty decisions, I will take all advice in consideration.

I'm still not sure if Saturn now works malefic or might work in my favor since he turned direct by progression and in his own sign.

I do remember my first marriage in 1986. Saturn had just entered Sagittarius. I met my first husband when Neptune transited my descendant a few years prior to my marriage. And Jupiter (lord 7th house) was trining natal Jupiter when I met my ex-husband and was opposite my Sun when I got married.

Now those transits are coming back. Saturn will again enter Sag, transit Neptune conjunct 7th house lord Jupiter.

Couldn't this turn out to be a second long term relationship ? I read that second marriage is shown by the 9th house, so pd Saturn on the descendant and within a few years transit Saturn on my natal descendant could confirm this?

I didn't study astrology long enough to be sure of my interpretations though.

So I do appreciate the professional help here very much

upload

this is what the solar arc directions look like for madeleine right now on a 90 degree wheel. in the natal chart there is a sun / venus 45 degree aspect - not quite exact, which shows up as an opposition on the 90 degree wheel.. solar arc jupiter is at 27 aries 55 - 135 degrees from natal sun, and in another year ( 1 degree = 1 year ) it will be exactly opposite natal venus at 28 libra 58..

morin seemed to suggest that a planet in good celestial state was favourable. the hamburg school of astrology seems to suggest that aspects in hard aspects ( which would include the 45 and 135) bring out material events in life ( association with the number 4) and that the solar arc data is indicative of an important relationship of some kind - jupiter rules the 7th house in madeleines chart - venus and saturn are in good celestial state in madeleines chart as i understand it and venus would be considered in good terrestial state too in the 5th house. well maybe someone could argue that saturn is not in good celestial state because it is retrograde, or that it is a nocturnal chart, but i see the favourable aspect with the ascendant and sun ruler (mercury) as a positive and tend to weigh that more heavily then the idea of retro being a big negative.

i have been reading a book by malcolm gladwell called 'blink'. he is born sept 3 1963 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Gladwell

i don't have a birth time for him.. in the book he points out something that will be obvious to anyone doing astrology for any length of time.. the idea is this - too much information becomes information overload and it messes up one's ability to make decisions. i recall reading james holden saying something similar - find some system that you think works and go with it as opposed to getting bogged down in countless details. the book really highlights some great examples of how what is behind the 'locked door' or wall that separates our conscious thinking mind from our subconscious or perhaps our more intuitive or instinctual mind, is generally cut off to us. that is the 'blink' that we may or may not pick up on in all of our analyzing copious amounts of data..

this would be one obvious argument for the use of less aspects, or planets or predictive techniques for arriving at a conclusion on a persons chart. i still see the decision of what a person does as being in their own hands and up to them.. i think in madeleines chart combined with her comments it is obvious this is a big move afoot for her and not one that she is taking lightly. all she can do is take one day at a time.. it sounds like that is what she is doing. the transit of saturn to the moon and then 7th house area are both big transits too in themselves. i think she has what it takes to figure this all out and i think the astrology is ultimately positive if she approaches her life in a positive proactive way which i think she is doing.. my 20cents...

hi all,

thank you so much for the elaborate views on my chart. I really appreciate this.

I'm planning my vacation to Goa in december, so the first step will be to check out the country and region and see what possibilities we have there.

I surely will take this step by step and won't take risks.

I will give feedback on this for sure. Because I do feel I am at an important cross roads in my life. Somehow it has to be shown in my chart.

It will be long term, so I think Saturn will play a major part in it. Saturn in my birth chart is retrograde, but I do think that if Saturn turns direct by progression in the course of a life time must be significant. Because Saturn in transit is retrograde for almost half a year. So people with retro Saturn in their birthchart mostly have it retro for all their lives.

It will take some time before events unfold and start to happen, but I will keep you informed here.

Thank you for the efforts, time and energy you spent on my chart.

best regards,
Madeleine

I also saw the Neptune transit over my 7th house lord Jupiter and it scares me. Because I know Neptune is all about illusions and rose coloured glasses.
Hi Madeleine,

It goes without saying that Neptune is also about positive visions, and intuitive guidance. I generally advise people to focus on the positive potentials even the more challenging transits and directions always have. That's not synonymous with being naive.
I know that Tibetans many times are forced into 'marriage' when they reach a certain age. My friend told me that his family was putting tremendous pressure on him to marry and have children, eventhough he was not ready for it. He's not legally married, he just formed some kind of agreement with a woman he was friends with in school in Dharamsala. Both being of age to marry and both under family pressure.

Ofcourse..that is what he told me and I cannot know if that's true or not.
I think, that's really possible! I'm married to a woman from Japan, so I have a number of first-hand insights into Far-Eastern culture. It's certainly not always easy to understand for Westerners how they, in general, think about love relationship and marriage. Family pressures can easily become a big issue. Keep this in mind - just in case.
Ofcourse, these are just ideas right now. But people do it all the time. Just today I heard of a Belgian couple who relocated to Kenia a few years ago and now run a business there, organise safari's and are living their dream. With careful planning and preparation, why should that not be possible for me ?
I'm quite sure it's possible for you.
the 9th house is somehow very activated...but does it show my relationship with a foreigner ?
does is show relocation to a far away country ?
Interestingly, India is considered by some astrologers to be a Pisces/Neptune country. I have been there once, and I agree!
I'm still not sure if Saturn now works malefic or might work in my favor since he turned direct by progression and in his own sign.
I don't see Saturn retro as particularly "evil". His influence may be slowing things down so you may find yourself laying foundations. I would think that Saturn turning direct helps you get some previously stagnant things really started, eventually.
I do remember my first marriage in 1986. Saturn had just entered Sagittarius. I met my first husband when Neptune transited my descendant a few years prior to my marriage. And Jupiter (lord 7th house) was trining natal Jupiter when I met my ex-husband and was opposite my Sun when I got married.

Now those transits are coming back. Saturn will again enter Sag, transit Neptune conjunct 7th house lord Jupiter.

Couldn't this turn out to be a second long term relationship ?
I think so. What I would certainly look at is how your ex-husband, and your boyfriend, respectively, may reflect these constellations in their natal charts, in one way or another.

For seeing better how your personality resonates with someone else's, I find synastry charts particularly helpful. They don't tell you necessarily how a relationship will develop, but they can make you more sensitive toward harmonious as well as challenging areas - and they therefore offer you a tool to manifest their highest potential.

Make sure to keep us posted. :)

Best wishes
Michael

Thank you Michael for your approach

Unfortunately I have no birth info for my Tibetan friend. He comes from a remote area in Tibet (Amdo), lived in a small village. People don't keep records of births there.

He has no idea what date he was born. So a synastry is impossible.

I also noticed that progressed Neptune was exactly sextiling my Natal Sun on the day we met. But Neptune in progression hardly moves, don't know if that's significant or not.

The progressed Moon was exactly conjunct the Sun/Moon midpoint and the progressed Vertex is exactly on my natal descendant.

A Dutch astrologer, Karen Hamaker, said that an event is likely to happen if it's shown by 3 different methods.

Like primary directions, progressions, transits, solar returns, solar arc, etc...so if for instance 3 methods of deliniations show a start of a new long term relationship, then it is very likely to happen.

I'm not really studying astrology, but I do some searching on the internet for information.

On another forum a Vedic astrologer confirmed also the relationship and income by activities abroad or with foreign countries.

I will definitely keep you informed on how everything evolves.

Progressed Moon will conjunct my natal Venus shortly and then conjunct progressed Sun. All this should point in the direction of some big changes too, I think. Very exciting times :-)

But I will let event unfold day by day and take things really slowly.

Thanks again for shedding your light on my chart. Very much appreciated

Madeleine

Hello forum members,

I just read this thread again and since my last entry many changes have occured.

In september 2014 my Tibetan partner got his refugee status in France and residence permit for 10yrs.

In november 2014 he moved in with me and we got the plan to start a sushi restaurant. It was quite an adventure because he needed a workpermit for Belgium which isn't easy to get. But we succeeded and opened our restaurant in may this year.

It's in my hometown and it turns out to grow into a succes. We are the first sushi restaurant in the area

somehow it must be in my chart that something like would happen ?

I see it as Jupiter, lord of the 7th house in 10th house. So I get my social status through a partner.

Neptune has been stationary direct on natal Jupiter this month, so activating the natal trine aspect between the two ?

I'm just trying to interpret the transits myself

Transit Uranus is sextile natal MC and has been conjunct progressive MC, so a major unexpected change in career and social status happened.

Since beginning of october I have reduced my office job to a parttime job so I can work at the restaurant. So strange, but apparently I seem to be good at the job. I have always been someone to work behind the screens and a bit shy. But now I like the contact with customers. My partner is the sushi chef, I am working in the restaurant, serving the customers.

My ultimate goal now is to fully go for my relationship and the restaurant.

If someone wants to comment on my chart or share some viewpoints I might have overlooked, I'd be grateful.

One thing is sure. My travels to Tibet in 2013 lead to a complete turnaround in my life. From a single woman, working in a 8 to 17 office job. I am now in a committed relationship with a Tibetan man, my soulmate....and owning and running my own restaurant. I 'm still getting used to the transformation of being anonymous into being a local well known restaurant owner. And the transformation of being single (have been since 1994!!!) into having a wonderful loving relationship with a man from the roof of the world. :-)

That was what the square between Uranus and Pluto brought for me no doubt. :-)

Hello James,

I just wanted to update and let the forum here know how my plans took a slightly different turn than what I thought.

I felt the changes for a long time, but I kind of went with the flow of life. Starting a restaurant with my partner being a non EU-citizen was not simple. It took a lot of administration. But we were lucky that somehow he got a positive response and got his work permit. It all fell perfectly into place.

We found the perfect location on the right time and the right people to help us decorate. The bank miraculously gave us a loan at very good conditions. So it all felt as "meant to be". In my daytime job I felt more and more frustrated and bored after 16yrs of routine office work. I never could have dreamed that I would actually enjoy the job I'm doing now, running the restaurant. Especially the contact with the customers, and working together with my partner. Our bond has grown so strong that past year. Eventhough we had stress moments

I'm still somehow puzzled by that Neptune transit on top my natal Jupiter (lord of the 7th house). some astrologers say it means 'rose coloured glasses', to good to be true and after the transit goes, the ugly truth will come out. that still worries me.

Saturn is still in my 6th house but in the sign of sagittarius. He will pass my descendant on 24? ...end of everything ? I don't know.

I remember you said primary direct saturn is on my descendant now too, so somehow I would consider it a committed relationship rather than a break up in a few years.

I don't see any other signs of breaking up or everything I have so far falling apart. On the contrary. Progressive Jupiter is now stationing to go in direct mode. I think that's an important positive turn ?

Madeleine wrote:Hello James,

I just wanted to update and let the forum here know how my plans took a slightly different turn than what I thought.

I felt the changes for a long time, but I kind of went with the flow of life. Starting a restaurant with my partner being a non EU-citizen was not simple. It took a lot of administration. But we were lucky that somehow he got a positive response and got his work permit. It all fell perfectly into place.

We found the perfect location on the right time and the right people to help us decorate. The bank miraculously gave us a loan at very good conditions. So it all felt as "meant to be". In my daytime job I felt more and more frustrated and bored after 16yrs of routine office work. I never could have dreamed that I would actually enjoy the job I'm doing now, running the restaurant. Especially the contact with the customers, and working together with my partner. Our bond has grown so strong that past year. Eventhough we had stress moments

I'm still somehow puzzled by that Neptune transit on top my natal Jupiter (lord of the 7th house). some astrologers say it means 'rose coloured glasses', to good to be true and after the transit goes, the ugly truth will come out. that still worries me.

Saturn is still in my 6th house but in the sign of sagittarius. He will pass my descendant on 24? ...end of everything ? I don't know.

I remember you said primary direct saturn is on my descendant now too, so somehow I would consider it a committed relationship rather than a break up in a few years.

I don't see any other signs of breaking up or everything I have so far falling apart. On the contrary. Progressive Jupiter is now stationing to go in direct mode. I think that's an important positive turn ?
Track the nodal transit for what you consider fated or Karmic events.

North node is transiting your personal planets- Venus->Mercury-> and now Sun(male partner for females).

Jan 2014 - NN in Early scorpio moving to venus in Libra.
Dec 2015- NN moved into virgo to your natal sun.

Algol so close to MC in the natal- no wonder you are head over heels to leave the current profession and dive into a new.

HTH

PD