Problem with Solar Fire scoring essential dignities

I've got Solar Fire5 and there's these medieval techniques and horary pages. Fine so far - it calculates essential dignities according to Ptolemy et cetera but surprise surprise: while it claims in the help section that traditional rulers are used in all traditional calculations, it is not so! I see Uranus ruling Aquarius, Neptune ruling Pisces and so on and the scores are calculated accordingly.

I went to Utilites - Edit Rulers/Weightings - put traditional rulers as the option number one, then I went to Utilities - Dignity/Almuten Editor - Lilly (this is an .alm file I've created by myself using scores Lilly used according to Deb) - Options and checked if the Rulership System is Traditional - it is. Then I selected a chart, opened Horary Page and look at essential dignities; no matter what I do, there they are, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. I click Edit Page button - Points List - Rulerships and it says "traditional".

I don't know what to do to get the traditional rulers to where they belong. Could you please help me?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I have this version of Solar Fire and, when I look at the Essential Dignities table or the list of almutens, traditional rulerships are being used. Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are listed in the table but they are never given scores. They are not used when finding the almuten of a house or chart. If you want to be rid of these three planets altogether on the table you need to go into the 'displayed points' section on the front page and edit the list of planets used.

What I'm saying is that when I open my own chart for example, there the Sun is in Pisces and Jupiter in Leo, so they're in mutual reception. But looking at the Medieval Techniques page (ancient.pag) and the Essential Dignities table there, Neptune is mentioned ruling the Sun and so the mutual reception between the Sun and Jupiter is not mentioned at all. Uranus is mentioned to be almuten of the VIII and IX houses (their cusps are in Aquarius) and Neptune is almuten of the X house (MC is in Pisces). Maybe I've accidentally changed some settings in some point before.

On the other hand a horary practicioner I know, who doesn't usually use his Solar Fire in horary at all, noticed the same problem in his program when I mentioned about it.

Sorry. I don't know what to suggest. When I display the Medieval (ancient) page, it definitely gives me the traditional rulerships. In a chart drawn for today, the Sun in Pisces has been given the rulership of Jupiter. The cusp of the 7th house, Aquarius, is ruled by Saturn, etc. In fact, this page doesn't list the outers at all. All almutens are traditional planets. I haven't changed any of the settings on this page as I have created my own page so it is showing the settings of the program as it came.

I put up my own chart to have a look at this thinking that it is a chart I am familiar with but I'm not nearly as familiar with it as I thought. I realised for the first time that all of my planets plus the nodes and my ascendant are in the triplicity of Venus. Have never noticed that before and I have had my chart for years.

Perhaps you can contact Esoteric Technologies in Adelaide. They have a fairly extensive online support system and if this doesn't sort it out you can email them. They are very helpful and will do their best to sort the problem for you. This is their web address if you don't already have it.

http://www.esotech.com.au/

I found the solution! I had accidentally changed the order of the Rulership systems in the Utilities - Edit Rulers/Weightings option. Traditional rulerships must always be second, because the program takes them there. Now everything works just fine.