i have a presidential chart for yanukovych - feb 25 2010, 10:03am - kiev - that i got from marjorie orr earlier today. i am going to be examining this more closely and will offer some feedback on this chart when i get a chance at some point in the next few days, but i thought some others might like to look at it, so i am sharing it now.

Today the Ukraine horoscope has two aspects:

MC conjunct fixed star Sabik and transit Uranus square Black Moon.

After this date there are no more important aspects for a time to see.

I see a birthtime of Yanukovych: 10.03.

I shall rectify his horoscope.

things are moving very fast on the ground in ukraine..

yanukovych stepped down from the presidential role feb 21st - a few days ago.

the 2 new players on the scene, (aside from the imf, lol) are Olexander Turchinov (the current Chairman of the Ukrainian Parliament and acting President and Prime Minister of Ukraine) and Yulia Tymoshenko( from wiki page - following the February 2014 Euromaidan riots, on 21 February 2014, Parliament voted for her release in a 310-54 veto-proof vote. On Saturday 22 February 2014 she was released)... interestingly they are both born in the same location - Dnipropetrovsk, ukraine..

here are the wiki pages for both of them which include their birth dates as well..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleksandr_Turchynov

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yulia_Tymoshenko

another interesting overview on yulia on this page as well -
http://www.tymoshenkocase.com/

i had hoped to use the inauguration chart for yanukovych's presidency to make a few comments on the direction moving forward. it appears the square of saturn to the ascendant ruler mercury which coincided with the retro transit position of mercury itself in the same spot has ended his presidency in clouded circumstances. here is a biwheel with presidency chart on the inside and transits for noon feb 21st on the outside..

screen capture

here is what these same 2 charts look like on a 90 degree wheel - pres chart inside - event chart outside.

photo storage

I firmly believe that the Chinese tradition is right in maintaining that the beginning of the year is in early February - with the sun at 15:00 degrees AQU (I've repeatedly pointed out the significance of this. - http://wiki.astro.com/astrowiki/de/Oktilogramm ) .

Moreover it's worthwhile having a closer look at the Chinese calendar and its 60-year-rhythm. Not enough space here to explain this in detail.
The present 60-year-period started in 1984. However, its basis is the period of 360 years which began in 1684 (and which will end in 2044).
Among others, the 1684 chart has a lot to say about the topic of national identities and conflicts related to these. We see MO/JU opp. MA - nationalism. When related to Paris, we find MO/JU conj. AC - and we remember that modern nationalism was born in France during the French Revolution - immediately followed by war (April 20th 1792: France declares war).
The chart given above is the 1684 mundane horoscope for Kiev together with the present sec. progressions.
Here MO/JU - MA is antisc. AC/DC - it was triggered off with UR tr conj. DC.
It seems certain that not much has been defintely decided in and for Ukraine: see the forthcoming conj. PL - IC - (plus UR) plus others.

In the progressions we find AC/SA approaching 16,x degrees VIR - which is a degree that tends to sudden eruptions (correspnding Sabian symbol:
Volcanic explosion). And that degree is antisc. 13,x degrees AR .

LL
Non coerceri maximo, contineri minimo divinum est.

LL

that is a very interesting chart. thanks! i have been following your comments around the use of the chinese new year chart, but was unaware of this 60 year cycle - what is that the 5 elements x the 12 year cycle of jupiter or something? at any rate, it is very interesting.

my main problem with astrology is the confusion around seeing a coincidence verses thinking it is the basis for something that will be repeated in some predictable fashion.. i am not a huge fan of sec progs as a stand alone, but i do like how the transits overlap with the uranus/pluto square to this chart. that square of ur/pl seems to capture so much of the zeitgeist of this particular moment in history. thanks for sharing.

James-M,
thanks for responding. The importance of the 1684 chart can hardly be over-estimated. Apart from sec.progressions I often use tertiary progressions - which I see as some kind of a link between transits and sec.progressions. Needless to say, however, that the charts based on the 60-year-rhythms do not require any special techniques, one may also try primary directions - e.g.
According to Chinese traditions the 1684-chart is embedded into an even larger cycle: the one comprising 3,600 years. The present one started in 964 (again with the sun at 15:00 AQU). Going back one more step one will reach the middle of the third millemium B.C. - the times when the pyramids were built. It's highly interesting to note that in both charts we find UR conj. NE - and the 964-chart, when refered to Kiev, will give UR/NE conj. MC - NE 9 degrees LIB, UR/MC at 6 degrees LIB - definitely not a guarantee for a stable state. And in 1991 we also find UR/NE - now being transited by PL .
The 964 chart helps understand developments of world-wide importance - and the situation of Ukraine will probably turn out to have an impact not only for that country itself.

LL

lunlumo - thank you..

you state 15 aquarius as the start of the chinese new year.. i always thought it was the new moon in aquarius.. can you give me a bit more background on why one and not the other? i take it the chart you have shared here is for the tropical sun at the exact moment it reaches 15 aq..

thanks - james

There's the lunar calendar - and there's the solar calendar in China, too.
The lunar calendar is the "popular" one - and the start of a new year is celebrated (usually) in accordance with the lunar cycles.
However, the majority of Chinese astrologers - particularly those practising Bazi Suanming - refer to the solar chart (Bazi Suanming = Four Pillars astrology).The renowned German authors Manfred Kubny and Horst G?rtz do so - and so does Derek Walters whose knowledge is respected and appreciated not only in the West but also in China and Taiwan.

LL

Referendum the Crimea 30 March 2014.

Transits Ukraine 1991:.

30-March-2014 022?,40'49 Scorpio Sat 120 AR03

30-March-2014 022?,40'30 Scorpio Sat 120 AR05

30-March-2014 022?,39'32 Scorpio Sat 90 Moon

31-March-2014 010?,23'21 Aries Sun 90 Black Moon

31-March-2014 022?,38'45 Scorpio Sat 120 C--2

31-March-2014 +04?,17'33 Ura // Ven

The Ukraine 24 aug 1991 chart have some explosive element in it right now during this critical time with revolution and Russian intervention. All Mars Uranus themes it seems.

secondary progression.

P MA-90-UR ( Uranus in whole sign 1st house).
Triggered exactly by transit Uranus.

P MO-90-MA

Transit

TR. Uranus square Uranus (progressed action)
Mars-90-ASC
TR.Stationary Mars squaring the ascendant/descendant axis
(enemies, conflicts)