Re: Galactic Centre

Michael Sternbach wrote:Hi Rod and everybody reading this thread,

Esoterically speaking, the Galactic Centre is a nexus where the etheric output of all the stars in the milky way (and their civilizations) is being processed. So if you have the GZ in a prominent position in your natal chart this would indicate, by analogy, a talent for "parallel computing", working with and integrating complex issues and ideas, artistic expression (typically involving multimedia). Further keywords: Complex political, economic and social issues; diplomacy; cross-cultural aspects; knowledge; wisdom.

Michael
Hi Michael,

I'm late to reply to this post (relatively) we now live in such an information overloaded world, it takes time for one to "digest" it all, so to speak..

I would agree on your interpretation of the GC and its relevance to one's natal chart, those themes and topics you suggest have been a very dominant influence in my life since I was knee high to a grasshopper..lol...
but seriously, what you say sums up a lot of me and my interests.

Anyway, back to the guts of this topic...

I found this website and the author demonstrates some very fascinating concepts about our planet and its relevant relationship to the universe via the GC. Its an interesting synthesis of astronomy with sidereal astrology.

http://www.lunarplanner.com/siderealastrology.html
Libra Sun/ Pisces Moon/ Sagittarius Rising

Hi Rod
I'm late to reply to this post (relatively) we now live in such an information overloaded world, it takes time for one to "digest" it all, so to speak..
No problem, Rod. Information overload can be a particular issue with folks who have the Galactic Centre in a prominent position. I would know because in my chart the GC is in conjunction with the Sun.

Glad you resonate with my suggestions.

And thanks for the link.

Even though I don't agree with all of Fiorenza's conclusions, especially his negative view of tropical astrology, the article is very informative, nevertheless.

Michael

Michael Sternbach wrote:BTW, Rod

Do you know this website?

http://www.philipsedgwick.com/

It contains a lot of astrological information about the GC and other "galactic" bodies. I found it quite informative.
Hi Michael,

Yes, I've seen that website before, the author makes some bold claims, however this all very new nonetheless. I'm also keeping my eye on the astronomical latest discoveries, seeing how astrology in general has elements of this subject.

Here's an enlightening paragraph from an article titled - Planetary Octaves and Rulership by Dane Rudhyar published in 1958 > http://www.khaldea.com/rudhyar/astroart ... ctaves.php

The challenge of the galaxy
A time may come, however, when Saturn's power is being challenged; and the first challenger is usually Uranus. When Uranus, Neptune and Pluto act in the personality in a focused manner (i.e., at times of strong "transits"), personal crises tend to occur ? unless Saturn, out of fear, is able to stifle the disturbance for a time.

These three planets beyond Saturn represent energies which stream from the outer space and toward the field of the Saturn-bounded solar system. They are the basic powers of the collective unconscious seeking to "invade" the realm of the ego-structured consciousness, the realm where the "I, Mr. So-and-so" rules. This invasion is, however, in most cases essentially salutary, even if temporally shattering. It represents the action of the vaster cosmic whole, the galaxy, seeking to feed the consciousness with "spiritual food" seeking to heal the personality of its binding and stifling egocentricity ? a healing which may require at first a severe catharsis.

Unfortunately, the ego-dominated consciousness sees in all such galactic attempts intrusions, unacceptable challenges to its "sovereignty." This Saturnian fear increases the rigidity of the ego-structures, and a struggle develops ? perhaps a violent crisis. The powers of the galaxy try to break down or, if possible, to inspire and transform the Saturn will of the ego, while they also try to arouse the Venus archetype out of its slumber by compelling the Sun force to "resonate" in a new way to the galactic keynote.
The important point, in terms of this article, is that Uranus is the spearhead of a power which moves from outer space toward Saturn and the other planets. While the tide of the Sun force moves from the central Sun, through the planets and toward the periphery of the system, the galactic energies move from what, to us, is outer space (yet is rather the "body" of the galactic organism) toward the Sun. Thus, Pluto, Neptune and Uranus constitute the three basic phases of a process operating in a direction opposite to that of the process known within the solar system proper, from the Sun to Saturn. The first process is centripetal; the second, centrifugal.
Could it be surmised that "galactic organism" is the galactic centre that Rudhyar is referring too?. Its not known if Rudhyar was conscious of the fact that proof of existence of the Galactic Centre was first demonstrated in 1918 by Harlow Shapley > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Centre

Rod wrote:
Could it be surmised that "galactic organism" is the galactic centre that Rudhyar is referring too?
I would say that Rudhyar is referring to the energies that are coming into the solar system from the whole galaxy (including all the fixed stars we are familiar with in astrology).

By "outer space" he means the space outside the solar system (nowadays we might say, outside the heliosphere), therefore galactic space, or the (bigger) galactic organism.

However, the GC certainly plays a key role in this, being the "Sun" of our galaxy.
Its not known if Rudhyar was conscious of the fact that proof of existence of the Galactic Centre was first demonstrated in 1918 by Harlow Shapley
Rudhyar would have been familiar with the theosophical concept of a Central Sun in the middle of our galaxy, anyway.

Michael Sternbach wrote:Rod wrote:
Could it be surmised that "galactic organism" is the galactic centre that Rudhyar is referring too?
I would say that Rudhyar is referring to the energies that are coming into the solar system from the whole galaxy (including all the fixed stars we are familiar with in astrology).

By "outer space" he means the space outside the solar system (nowadays we might say, outside the heliosphere), therefore galactic space, or the (bigger) galactic organism.

However, the GC certainly plays a key role in this, being the "Sun" of our galaxy.
Hi Michael,

Yes, that's probably what he means. But the most potent energy in so much as being considered the most powerful source of energy in the galaxy emanates from the GC of which over 2,000 X-ray sources have been detected as of 2003.
In addition to Sgr A* more than two thousand other X-ray sources were detected in the region, making this one of the richest fields ever observed.
>http://www.universetoday.com/8488/starv ... z315EY3GGk

Astrologer Robert Wilkinson has views on GC, especially in relation to the conjunctions of transiting Saturn, Uranus, Neptune & Pluto, although he uses the tropical zodiac. Some interesting points are made in his website. >http://www.aquariuspapers.com/

Hi Rod,

Thanks for sharing!

According to Wilkinson's article "Galactic Center Conjunctions by Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto - the Newest Influences What's Coming in 2012"
http://www.aquariuspapers.com/astrology ... enter.html
the GC got more attention from astrologers first than from astronomers - that's quite remarkable!

Further, I think, the fact that the GC was partially responsible for the static affecting the overseas telephone lines back then illustrates how strong an influence it has on our planet.

Regarding Wilkinson's comments on the transits of the outer planets to the GC, I find the following particularly interesting:
It was during this 1988 transit that it also conjuncted Uranus all year long, a very significant contact whose influence will last through May-June 2032, when they will again conjunct opposite the GC in Gemini. Any time the outer planets conjunct each other, it sets long-term cycles into motion that affect the entire world. With Saturn conjunct Uranus, we can expect new forms and structures (Saturn) for the on-going larger forces of change that are individualizing each of us and all of us (Uranus).
Best,
Michael

This fascinating article: "A magnetar at the heart of our Milky Way"
http://www.mpg.de/7502957/magnetar_milkyway

talks about the recent discovery of a highly energetic pulsar star closely orbiting Sagittarius A*.

As the fairly technical paper "The Galactic centre pulsar population"
http://arxiv.org/abs/1311.4846
explains, a whole population of pulsar stars in that region seems likely - some of them directly beaming towards Earth!

The Galactic Centre remains full of mysteries...