Edinburgh Workshop with Benjamin Dykes Sat March 29th

I thought some of you may be interested to know that Dr Benjamin Dykes is running a one day workshop in Edinburgh on Saturday March 29th 2014.

Details of the workshop:

Time: 10:00am-5.00pm

Traditional Predictive Astrology: Distributions through the Bounds

This special, hands-on workshop will teach you how to use "distributions," an ancient and powerful predictive technique, in both natal and solar return charts. Distributions (sometimes called directing through the bounds/terms) divide the life up into chapters, in which various issues will arise in life. Special rules govern when these affairs will be more intensified. When applied in a solar return, they can yield a year-long story with events that are accurately predicted to within a week or a day. We will focus on distributions of the Ascendant, for general themes in life. Few contemporary astrologers have learned how to use this technique or been exposed to its application to solar revolutions.

After a brief review of some basic concepts in traditional astrology (such as basic delineation of planets, whole-sign houses and angles, and profections), Benjamin Dykes will cover both the theory and practice of natal distributions and their application to solar returns.
This workshop also works best if attendees submit their (confidential) birth data to the organizer, so Ben Dykes can provide everyone with their own personal printouts and charts adapted to these techniques. Attendees are also encouraged to bring a scientific calculator.

Dr Benjamin Dykes
Dr. Benjamin Dykes is a leading medieval astrologer, translator, and presenter who earned his PhD in philosophy from the University of Illinois. He received his medieval astrology qualification from Robert Zoller and taught philosophy courses at universities in Illinois and Minnesota. In 2007, he published Bonatti?s complete Book of Astronomy, and since then has translated and published numerous traditional works in all areas of astrology. In 2011 he published Traditional Astrology for Today, a short guide for modern students.

Ben Dykes frequently teaches workshops around the world, showing how to apply traditional interpretive and predictive techniques to audiences at every level of skill. He also offers the Logos & Light philosophy lectures on MP3. See: www.bendykes.com.

Workshop Cost
?40 for Scottish Astrological Association Ltd members..?50 non-members. Those signing up as members on the day of the workshop can gain entry for ?40 with an additional ?10 payment required for annual membership of The Scottish Astrological Association Ltd. This gives reduced entry costs to talks and workshops throughout the year.

Venue:

The Quaker Meeting House, 7 Victoria Street, Edinburgh EH1 2JL

Getting to the meeting house: The meeting house is accessed from the top of Lawnmarket or from the George IV Bridge/Victoria Street. Look for the blue pointers. There is metered parking nearby in Johnston Terrace, Victoria Street and Grassmarket. Buses 23, 27, 41/41A, 42, and 45 pass nearby.

If you have any questions regarding this workshop please email me on:
KarmicCelt@aol.com

Thanks

Mark Cullen
Chairperson
Scottish Astrological Association Ltd
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Just to update members our alternate venue has now been confirmed for this event. Please see above for details and directions.

We are now accepting bookings for this event via paypal through our website.

http://scottishastrology.co.uk/

If you are intending to come please do email me on KarmicCelt@aol.com or send me a PM via Skyscript. We need to assess numbers for coffee breaks and seating.

Thanks

Mark Cullen
Chairperson
Scottish Astrological Association Ltd
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hope all went well Mark,

If he comes back year next let me know in good time and I will combine course with holiday. I did attend evening class with him down in the smoke so Auld Reekie next would be good

Matthew
Matthew Goulding