JoakimS wrote:
Playing the Devil's advocate here, if astrology "works" doesn't it mean that something similar would have happened to at least the 2 planes taking off a minute on each side of MAF 370?
You are assuming that this scenario did in fact take place. But as I indicated, a one minute separation would appear to be the minimum time separations for planes either side of MAF 370. We need the actual timetable for the day to determine what it actually was - which I am having problems getting hold of.

joakim,

you raise a good point and one that anyone serious in astrology needs to consider.. however, i liken it to a group of people leaving a building at the same time going in different directions with the outcome being different for each one.. now, how much of this is connected to the chart for the plane, or the direction the plane has gone in, verses the time of the departure? i don't think we can ever have all this info, but in the case of people birth data is sometimes available.. i guess what i am saying is i think there are more astrological factors at work then we can actually look at.. we can examine the time of departure, but it isn't everything to the make up of the event..

these types of exercises are hindsight astrology in action.. is it astrologers love of speculation that drives it? partly, but i think it is more then that too. it is an attempt at understanding the astrology at work. the moment of departure while important, isn't the only astrology at work in an event. we hope that it can tell us something about the event, but can't expect it to tell us everything. my 2c.

Information on flights that departed last Saturday is no longer available on the Kuala Lumpur Airport website.

But, tonight's schedule has flight MH318 to Beijing departing at 00:35, followed by MH 6075, D7 0506 and AK 9902, bound to Jakarta, Incheon and Subang and taking off at 1:00 AM. Short and medium-haul flights generally speaking are scheduled daily. Tonight's flight schedule may not bee too different from last Saturday's schedule.

If (and only if) this is the case, then no two flights departed from Kuala Lumpur at 00:41, and no two flights share the same chart. Also even at very large airports, night traffic is not as frequent as day traffic, which further limits the possibility that two flights took off at the same time on March 8.

I didn't have time to study the charts, but to me the most relevant ones are those casted for the time of take off and the time when the plane made its last contact. I am not really sure a chart relocated to BJ can provide useful indications.

Last year I got stuck in the UK for three days because my flight back to where I am based was cancelled due to super typhoon Usagi. The election chart (yes, I did cast an election chart, and I did chose to put both malefics in the angles!) for the moment when I closed the door to my house and went out contains clear indications of a delay. The same chart, relocated for London, does not. I think this is because the journey started here, where I am now, in the city of departure. I was not in the UK at the time of departure, and neither was the aircraft. I can post both charts if you're interested.

Will try and have a look at the MH 370 chart tomorrow

Geoffrey wrote: As for what caused the crash, it is interesting Mercury, the captain (ruler of the 10th,) is applying to the two malefics, both of which are retrograde. What was that about I wonder?
I heard on the news that there were two more air-accidents these days.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... allyedmond

i have the feeling that, on a more mundane level, it is Mercury (ruling transport in general) in air sign (air transport) receiving since sinister aspects from both malefics, who both recently turned Rx simultaneously

georgia

Some quick comments on the chart for the time of take-off:

Jupiter in 8H (the passengers) Cancer, is in exaltation, indicating that while deaths have occurred, some passengers may have survived.

The Moon (significator of the aircraft) and angular Neptune afflict the Ascendant. John Gadbury defined the Moon as the "lady of the Seas": MH 370 may have landed at sea and be damaged. Mars in Libra indicates damage to the lower part of the aircraft.

Mars in a succedent house and in Libra casts a square to Capricon and Aries, signs where he has dignity. In this case Mars acts as Saturn would, indicating that the aircraft "be split or sunk, and the men therein drowned, or subject to much prejudice"
Astra inclinant, non necessitant

-------------------------------------

Breaking news today is that Malaysian authorities are now stating they believe the missing plane was 'deliberately diverted' from its flight path. The Malaysian Prime Minister states that according to satellite and radar evidence the plane changed course and could have continued flying for a further seven hours after changing course.

From the BBC article:
Mr Razak told a news conference that new satellite evidence shows "with a high degree of certainty" that the one of the aircraft's communications systems - the Aircraft and Communications Addressing and Reporting System- was disabled just before it reached the east coast of Malaysia.

ACARS is a service that allows computers aboard the plane to "talk" to computers on the ground, relaying in-flight information about the health of its systems.

Shortly afterwards, near the border between Malaysian and Vietnamese air traffic control, the plane's transponder - which emits an identifying signal - was switched off, he said.

According to a military radar, the flight then turned and flew back over Malaysia before heading in a north-west direction.

A satellite was able to pick up a signal from the plane until 08:11 local time - more than seven hours after it lost radar contact - although it was unable to give a precise location, Mr Razak said.

He went on to say that based on this new data, investigators "have determined the plane's last communication with a satellite was in one of two possible corridors":

-a northern corridor stretching from the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan through to northern Thailand

-a southern corridor stretching from Indonesia to the southern Indian Ocean

This has gone from being a difficult search to being a really enormous, almost impossible, search for the plane, the BBC's Rupert Wingfield-Hayes says.

The Malyasian PM ,Mr Razak said that in light of the new evidence, the investigation had "entered a new phase" and would focus on the crew and passengers on board.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26591056

The BBC article confirms the flight left Kuala Lumpur for Beijing at 00:40 local time (16:40 GMT) and disappeared off air traffic controllers' screens at about 01:20 local time (17:20 GMT. So this further confirms the take off chart displayed by James earlier in the thread.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Factual information I learned last night not astrological.

I was watching a report on CNN last night about 7:30 - 8:00 PM EST or so and during that report they noted a few things of interest. First is that Malaysian authorities are keeping their information pretty close to the vest frustrating American investigators. It didn't say if the Chinese are faring any better or not. Secondly and perhaps more importantly they noted the following from a Wall Street Journal report that went online about the above time and will be in today's edition. Unfortunately the WSJ is subscription only.

WSJ reported that investigators are looking at the rather erratic flight path of the plan as deliberate - not a malfunction - and someone or more likely several people were involved. A transponder had to be manually turned off an in order to do that someone had to climb into the bowels of the plane to do it, and given the course "correction," someone had to be flying the plane. What is being pursued now is the idea that the plane flew back over Malaysia into the Indian Ocean and then took one of two flight paths and, due to its estimated fuel supply crashed in the Indian Ocean. WSJ noted, accoring to Cooper et al, that the plane went from 20,000 feet to 40,000 feet in about a minute and later did the same in reverse.

Among those being interviewed were a oceanographer, a journalist, and a pilot with many hours flying a 777. In the true spirit of American journalism, the pilot was the guy least likely to be questioned about anything. Anderson Cooper preferred to let the journalist speculate and ask flight questions of the oceanographer. When the pilot did speak he said he did not believe those reports about the rapid ascent and decline because the aircraft isn't capable of those maneuvers in the time (less than a minute) stated. Furthermore, at 40,000 feet there would insufficient oxygen for the passengers and crew to survive. He said it would be more likely that someone unfamiliar with the plane was rising and descending but at much slower rates and possibly not as high as 40,000 feet. Finally he believed there had to be at least three people cooperating amongst themselves to operate the plane in the manner reported, and they didn't necessarily have to be experienced. He said the aircraft is easy to fly, but difficult to take off and land.

EDIT: Rewrote the whole post

In press conference this morning said
According to the new data, the last confirmed communication between the plane and the satellite was at 8:11AM Malaysian time on Saturday 8th March. The investigations team is making further calculations which will indicate how far the aircraft may have flown after this last point of contact. This will help us to refine the search.

Due to the type of satellite data, we are unable to confirm the precise location of the plane when it last made contact with the satellite.
Not sure how to use this time yet though, location etc. A full transcript of the Press conference can be found here.

So what indication of a theft do we have in the take off chart? and what implication may this have on the passengers situation?
Geoffrey wrote:Jupiter, stationary in the 8th house, in a watery sign, shows (surely) that the aircraft came down in the sea and the passengers and crew are dead.
This may still be true, although I would personally remove "surely" from that sentence.

I am thinking that the "kind" of water Cancer represent is more of still water like a lake or a river, or something more like "private water", rather than an ocean. Could e.g. "a river" here actually mean something "road like" surrounded by water? Like a private landing strip?

"If" someone (or a group) now hijacked/stole the plane, one has to assume they did it with some kind of purpose, that they has a specific destination in mind, different to the original.

Things could still have got wrong along the way of course, like the take over didn't go exactly as planned. There is reports of a short time emphasized increase in altitude and then likewise descending, which may indicate a fight in the cockpit? Or can it have been an effective way to take out the passengers? There is this "mystery" with a total absence of phone calls during the assumed 7-8 hours of "hidden flight" which surely indicates that the passengers was out of the picture in some way.
Last edited by JoakimS on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/Joakim

Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun every year.

http://www.astrocalc.com

Which planet could be used for the hijacker(s)?

Mars, the most obvious choice given that rules on travel at sea seem to consider Mars as a significator of enemies, pirates etc, or the planet the Moon last separated from, as in horaries and event charts about theft?
Astra inclinant, non necessitant

-------------------------------------

I'm not sure about this, but wouldn't theft be associated with the 3rd house? Which would bring in Saturn in the picture as ruler of 3rd cusp. Also, if we "break the rules" and allow Uranus to stand as co-ruler, it does form a quite close BiQuintile (144deg) to Mc. Also, I can't claim any knowledge about asteroids but Juno forms an almost "perfect" Inconjunction (only 16' off) to Mc as well.
/Joakim

Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun every year.

I don't know if it's "correct" to do it this way and don't claim it to have any validity, but still find it interesting. I know it "break the rules" for some but I'm with Uranus so going outside the box is the way to go here imo.

If you take the time 8.11 am Saturday, which was been publicly stated by the PM in presser as the now known last "contact" (by satellite) and use the Kuala Lumpur as location, we get a perfect cross with Asc 0 deg Aries and Mc 0 deg Capricorn. Turning to the Sabian symbols we get
ASC 0 ARI wrote:A woman just risen from the sea. A seal is embracing her.
Keynote: Emergence of new forms and of the potentiality of consciousness.
If this represent the plane, does it mean we are no longer to look for it in the sea or if it really went down there, thi snew data will lead to that they will find it (and possibly lift it up)?

Mars in Libra and 7th, Sextile Mc, and conjunct NN could possibly indicate some successfully outcome. Allthough H7 ruler Venus in Aquarius, could it e.g. mean that the passangers are "cold" even if found? It doesn't need to mean they are dead though.
MC 0 CAP wrote:An indian chief claims power from the assembled tribe.
Keynote: The power and responsibility implied in any claim for leadership
I'm not sure what Mc would "represent" here, but if it's result/outcome, will someone eventually claim credit OR will there eventually be a "demand" after all. Maybe a Plan B, in case plan A (a successful mystery?) didn't work out, a hostage situation?

I will leave out Ic/Des this time, even if they also have some interesting things to say, but I am not sure what these points would represent here, if anything. But maybe we are moving towards a solution of the mystery after all.
/Joakim

Captain involved

This mystery is quite fascinating and very sad to me. In looking at the chart that James posted, we have Jupiter, the ruler of the first in the 8th, never a good sign for life, so I would assume the passengers are dead.

Jupiter and the 8th ruled by the Moon in Gemini, Mercury is in the 3rd. as the 3rd rules immediate environment, I would say the plan was hatched by a local terrorist group in the immediate environment of Malaysia and Indonesia. The moon also indicating it was planned from their home territory and also indicates domestic areas.

The Sun being in the 4th house of the father I would say is the captain. The sun in Pisces, a double bodied sign. If you use Neptune as the ruler, indicated the captain had 2 sides to him and deception and hidden life would be indicated.

The sun (the captain of the flight) is also trining Jupiter and Saturn, another indication the captain was involved. With Saturn and Mars just turned RX, this plan was in the making for quite some time and was well planned. Not to mention the flight simulator he had in his house, giving him much time to practice the maneuvers that would be necessary to pull this off.

Disregarding the 5 degree rule, it is interesting that the Moon is below the horizon, I do wonder if this means that the plane is hidden, however, Jupiter ruler of the ascendant is in the 8th in a water sign a good indication it is in the water, but that Moon under the horizon could be an indicator that it is hidden, in addition to Neptune being on the IC, however that would indicate hidden in the water, in or around water, interesting thought though. In addition to Saturn in the 12th in Scorpio also indicating it could be hidden, however it is also in a water sign, but I do have a nagging doubt even though the chart has all the indications it is in the water. Scorpio is the sign of the phoenix rising up, could it rise up and be used as a weapon, much like 9/11? Don?t know.

With Saturn RX, we may not know until Saturn moves forward, and/or returns to the degree it was on March 8th.

Incredibly fascinating and very sad.