Will she get the job?

Hi,

I see lots of job-related discussion here but I still need help, :)

My boss is retiring at the end of April and my co-worker wants his position. I really want her to have this position. She would be a great asset as Director of our department.

I am asking the question, "Will Jenny get the job?" I'm confused about what significators to use for Jenny. Well, I'm confused about the entire chart, so any comments would be greatly appreciated. This is a Criminal Justice position and the office is IN a jail.

March 4, 2005, 5:50 a.m. CST, Harker Heights, Tx 31N05 97W39
Ascendant 20'47" Aquarius, Moon 23'53 Sag

THANKS!

Kren

Deb, thanks for posting a chart but it doesn't match the ascendant I posted of my chart. We use Regiomontus for this, right? CST is +6 if that makes a difference.

In the chart I cast, the 10th house is Sag. (There is an interception in Virgo/Pisces) If I use the 7th house as the significator of Jenny, the person I 'm asking about - is that correct?

If so, her ruler is the Sun and is applying to Jupiter, ruler of the 10th. Indicating a positive answer?? Does the fact that it is applying to a quincunx affect the outcome at all? Would that indicate that there might be problems/obstacles in getting the position - such as a power struggle or lawsuit or other delay?

Thanks again,
Kren

I did the chart myself using SolarFire and I got the same chart that you did, not the one that?s posted here.

I don?t think you?d use the 7th house for your friend. I thought you?d use the 11th house. If she were just a co-worker with whom you have no other kind of relationship you might use the 3rd house. But since you seem to know her on a personal level and wish well for her, you?d use the 11th. The 7th is for our ?opposites? ? rivals and lovers mainly. But it all depends on your relationship with this person.

So, if you use the 11th house, your friend is Jupiter in the 8th house. The Moon is separating from being sextile and is applying to Mercury. So maybe the time for her has passed.

I can see the problem you had with this. Because the job?s significator is then Jupiter as well, so what is Jupiter then, the job or your friend? The same is true for the 12th house ruler Saturn, which also is your 1st house ruler. Maybe you could use the Moon for your friend and let Jupiter represent the job. I?m not sure about that at all.

But? if you turn the chart and if Jupiter is your friend Jenny, then Jupiter is in her turned 10th house. But the Moon is still separating, which doesn?t support that view.

It does seem that whatever Jupiter is ? your friend or the job itself, the fact that the Moon is separating means that the time for this has passed. The rest is kind of a blur for me.
Mark F

Well I appreciate the look and the reply, Mark. I'll keep staring at it and see if any bright thoughts come to mind...

Based on your description, I agree the 11th house sounds right for her significator. Yep, the rest is confusing!

The opening won't be anounced for a few weeks yet, so we'll see what transpires.

Thanks,

Kren

Hi Kren,

Sorry for putting the wrong chart up. I can?t think why I did that since you mentioned the ascendant in your original post! I?m a bit busy this week so I haven?t had much chance to explore the recent posts, but looking at this chart, I?d also say that the 11th house influence is being emphasised because the Moon?s position often shows where the real focus of the question lies.

Update

Well I guess the chart is correct about her chances for getting this position. My dear friend was in a terrible auto accident last week and is unconscious in Intensive Care with multiple broken bones and a very serious head injury. She's had two brain surgeries and needs your prayers.

A very sad Kren.

Hello Kren

I'm very saddened to hear the news of your friend's accident. What touches a member of the forum, touches us all in some way and of course I'll put her in my healing prayers.

best wishes
Sungem

Hello Kren,
I was in the middle of looking at the horary when I read your post about your friend's accident. This is a terrible thing to have happened to her and I sincerely hope she makes a good recovery.

What I was going to say about the chart was that I thought she had a good chance to get the job based on the fact that her ruler, Jupiter, is in the turned 10th in M/R with Venus, ruling her 10th, but there were two points that puzzled me: first - the immediate application of the Moon to conjunct Pluto on your friends ascendant (11th cusp), and secondly the fact that Mars translates the light from Jupiter to Saturn, with Saturn sitting on her 8th house cusp and ruling her 3rd house.
Maurice McCann - an astrologer I respect very much - has noticed that when 3 planets are involved in a translation or collection of light they become locked into each other and this cuts them off from any further involvement in the rest of the chart. Now, with the value of hindsight I'm looking at the translation between Mars, Jupiter and Saturn and I can see how Mars was about to bring your friend to Saturn, who sits on the 6th cusp of accident and injury. I realise that this observation may appear trite and pointless under the circumstances but nevertheless as students of horary it remains a point of interpretation worth noting.

Again, my thoughts are with your friend in her hour of ordeal...
==
Pete

My Thanks

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. Everywhere I go people are offering to pray for Jenny. It is very heartening. Pete, your response is not trite at all. We ask a question, we get an answer. I thank you,

Kren