Speaking of jobs...

I did this chart last year and it still confuses me. It was Dec. 29, 2004 at 7:02 p.m. EST at 71w09, 42n21. It was the evening of a job interview.
The question was "will I get be offered the job?"

I am represented by the sun which is in the 5th house in Cap. Not in any great position as I see it. The job is represented by Venus also in the 5th house in its joy but in no special position in Sag. I don't see anything besides the joy of Venus to recommend the two. No aspects or terms or faces. The moon is in the 1st house in Leo, nothing great, but 1 degree from making a trine with Venus.

I never heard back from them. I lost interest and never got in touch with them either. But I like to look back at charts to figure out if I missed something after the fact, and I am still questioning this one. Mainly because of the moon/venus trine.

What am I missing? What was the meaning of the trine?

Thanks.
Debra

What about that Moon/Neptune opposition across the Ascendant/Descendant axis? I know its separating, but it speaks of confusion, deception and disappontment. With Neptune on the cusp of the 7th, my feeling is that these people were not being entirely up-front with you about the job position. (Moon is very important here: its angular, your co-significator, and of course representative of the overall situation as well).

Hi Debra,
yes I can see why this horary presents a puzzle. You'd think that the Moon applying to Venus would bring you the job, especially as the Moon is angular and there is a mixed reception between them.
There are only two possible reasons why this chart might be presenting a negative result:

1) The Moon rules the 12th house, which turns the Moon into an honorary malefic.
2) The Moon first applies to Mercury, which is in its detriment.
Lilly says on page 299 of 'C.A.': "The application of the Moon to a planet in its Fall signifies anguish, trouble and delays in the thing demanded." I realise that Mercury is in detriment and not in fall, but I see no reason why detriment should produce a different result, do you?

It's all I can come up with after a cursory glance, but perhaps this explains it?
Cheers...
==
Pete

Thank you so much for your responses. And thank you, Deb, for putting the chart up.

I competely ignored the Moon/Neptune opposition. Mainly because I don't always look at the outer planets, especially when the inner planets like the Moon/Venus trine look so good. My question now is, with a Moon/Venus trine so positive, why and when is it correct to put more emphasis on a negative prediction that is made with an outer planet? Should one conclude in horary that any negative, even with an outer planet, overrides a positive with an inner planet? (':-?')

I can see that coupling this with the Moon's trine to Mercury before it reaches Venus adds to the situation. But does the fact that the moon trines a detriment mercury before reaching the trine with Venus, and that the moon was opposing neptune, tell the real story? Is it enough to make one ignore the positive moon/venus trine?

I still do not understand what the moon/venus trine is telling me. It still stands out as the most valid aspect of the question. When do the negatives outweigh the positives? Is it that if the moon trine mercury comes first, then any positive that follows such as the moon trining venus, cannot come to be? If a negative happens before a positive, does this tell us that the positive will not happen? Or is it something else?

This is my confusion. Thank you for showing me the negative signs that I missed, but my question is, when do the negatives prevent the positive from happening? When I look at a horary chart, is it valid to say that if a negative indication such as this moon/mercury aspect comes before the positive aspect, is the positive aspect voided? Should I have concluded when I first did the chart that the answer was "no", or was the chart telling me something else? And how much weight should I have put on that moon/neptune opposition?

Now, having thought about these questions, this is what I see:

The job was mine (moon/venus trine). But in order for it to come to be, I (the moon, strong in the first house) needed to get past mercury (communication) in order to reach venus (the job). I did not contact them. Mercury rules the second house, and I knew they couldn't pay me my price. I chose not to contact them, hence, no job. The moon ruling the twelfth house tells me that I was keeping behind the scenes, being secretive. And the moon leaving an opposition to neptune in the seventh house tells me that I was pretending to want the job. Perhaps they were deceptive as well. After this opposition the delusion was gone, on both sides. But my ego (the sun) did want to be asked. And the sun made no aspects in this scenario, yet it played a very important negative role.

Well, I honestly never would have thought this if you all hadn't replied to my post and given me such food for thought. I can't thank you enough. I may be wrong with all of this, but it sure feels right. I never before thought that a horary was giving instructions as to what to do in order to reach a conclusion. If I had contacted them I bet I would have gotten the job. In any event, my contacting them and opening up communications would have been productive, mercury being in detriment and not fall. Yet everything else in the chart was showing that I wasn't going to contact them. Ego again, or perhaps negative ego. I can see now what a pertinent role the sun was playing, even though it seemed he was not speaking out in the chart. He really was, showing me that I had a negative side in all of this (along with the moon ruling the twelfth). The chart was actually telling me what I could have done, and why I wouldn't be doing it. Very interesting.

Thank you for leading me down this horary path!
Debra