Morin says they are benefic in their domicile most of the time so you can generalise but no it is not simple but if in the tenth or first they suggest honour or strength of purpose in that order but isn't that what I wrote?
Not quite cos Morin's eg was Cardinal Richelieu with Mars in 2nd Scorpio and asc 30th Libra
Matthew Goulding

Mjacob wrote:Morin says they are benefic in their domicile most of the time so you can generalise but no it is not simple but if in the tenth or first they suggest honour or strength of purpose in that order but isn't that what I wrote?
Not quite cos Morin's eg was Cardinal Richelieu with Mars in 2nd Scorpio and asc 30th Libra
Would you mind to give a quotation of Morin, i.e. Book, Section, Page? Thank you.
Last edited by johannes susato on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes and it was book 18 chapter 5 pub. AFA and I paraphrased the passage on page 25 under the chart of Richelieu himself and pardon me not stating so at the time

Regards
Matthew Goulding

Paul wrote: Most of the people I know with Mars in Cancer, for example, struggle to assert themselves in a way that is appropriate to the situation and there can be a confusion between being assertive and being aggressive. There can be a tendency to not assert themselves and then when they do they find that it is destructive both to themselves and others. I do feel the position of the Moon and other aspects involved mitigates things of course so I can only talk in the most general way here.
I agree with that. The lesser malefic/Mars is concerned with the physical/concrete domain, esp. in the ability to achieve through physical action. In it's most raw form, it could be described as drive, ambition. When Mars is in exaltation, the raw energy is methodically transformed to concrete achievements, and at an ease. When Mars is fallen, it lacks vision to give any direction to the drive, and achievements are not fulfilled in an orderly fashion, there are difficulties in taking the concrete steps to making that drive accumulate in the physical world.

As for the Greater Malefic/Saturn, having it in exaltation is remarkably useful. I would say it's the most useful planet to have in exaltation, simply because Saturn represents control in society. When Saturn is in exile or fallen, it represents no social order, lack of restraint, and no decorum. Part of the beauty that is Saturn is the ability to socially manipulate. Having Saturn in exaltation is representative of a natural component that is able to control society, to manipulate the masses, but to do so in such a graceful manner, to give off the appearance of propriety. Because the Greater Malefic is in such a high position, Saturn can keep control much longer and even convince society he is fit to be in such a position of dominance.

I see that in the charts of many who have exalted Saturn, and on several levels, whether they "rule" publicly or not. I'm pretty sure Libra Saturn people dominate the social arena and hold tremendous sway (in general, chart will show more of course).

Why else have there been a long string of horrid despots with Libra Saturn who can rule with an iron fist even beyond the grave? Chairman Mao could attest to that...if he could speak from his burial chambers. But more importantly, what about good ole charming Putin? He's the iron fist with a velvet glove, and not surprising, he has Libra Saturn conjunct Sun :lol:

I'm not a leader, inventor, or public person of any real importance. I'm just a regular citizen. I have both Jupiter and Saturn in Libra on the AC, in the 1st house (whole signs, of course). I suppose this is where Morin gets into the "honors" bit. I grew up with some of people of the Libra Saturn generation. By my account, we're rather a mean lot, can be sociopathic, but not crude...just slyly mean.

In school, I was not exactly a class clown, but I'm quite good at saying the right thing at the wrong time, which also will end up launching into something bigger. People always thought I was being my crazy self. Everyone pardoned my sharp words from having experienced death at a very early age. But what people didn't know was I said what I said, in the manner that I said it, was all on purpose. I controlled the environment. If I was bored and I wanted things to change, I would say something (not so direct) and it would cause distraction like wildfire. In a few short instances, the whole class would be out of the teacher's control. I did a lot of things that would get me detention or even expelled. I've been in quite a lot of physical fights, yet neither the principal nor vice principal could ever believe I was ever capable of being a warmonger. Well, I wasn't, but I was always prepared for war, if needs be. I escaped punishment, and stayed the favorite. I got away with practically everything. The one time I served detention, it was because I volunteered to serve it on someone else's behalf. Authority treated me like I was being a martyr and fawned over me.

Not only is exalted Saturn on my AC, but it trines my Sun (by 3?) and trines my Mars (loosely, by 9?). Imagine someone like me who's chart is on great terms with the Greater Malefic who's hellbent on domination. It would be a super scary thought. Fortunately, I'm not interested in power, and I'm just mostly mischievous so I'm rather a "harmless" specimen. The point is, malefics in exaltation and dignity are actually very beneficial and has license to control greater masses at will.
0? Libra Jupiter conjunct 3? Libra Saturn
both conjunct 3? Libra AC