question about releasing of spirit

Just a few days ago my lot of spirit moved from capricorn in the 12th house to aquarius in the 1st house. What I am curious about is a couple of things. First of all, does the actual radix house in which the LOS finds itself in matter? I mean, I "think" that having my LOS move to the first house should be advantageous (compared to the LOS being in the 12th house) but on the other hand it seems like most of the important developments pertaining to zodiacal releasing and the LOS involve its relation to the part of fortune and derived houses angular from the POF as opposed to the radix chart, thus I am not really sure about this.

Secondly, obviously capricorn and aquarius share the same ruler. So that being said, can I expect any difference with regards to my saturn during this aquarius period? I have this halfbaked theory that during a capricorn releasing period, my natal saturn would represent more 12th house themes (since my radix 12th house is in capricorn), while during this new aquarius releasing period my natal saturn would tend to manifest more along 1st house themes. (since my radix first house falls in aquarius) Is there any truth at all to my idea? Or I am just making assuming things?

Look at previous periods when Aquarius was a Level 3 releasing period (lasts about 10 weeks) - are there any common themes you can think of in those periods, are they more active? Any notable life events occur? etc.

Yes, what Stellarium suggests is an important principle; there will be parallels that you will notice if you look carefully especially at L3 and L4. Two years ago I adopted 4 gerbils under a Taurus L3, Virgo L4 and had to bring to the vet due to scent gland tumors right away. It was a Capricorn L2. Well it is now Aquarius L2 with the same Taurus L3 -> Virgo L4 and I'm now dealing with the same scent gland issue with one of my gerbils once again. It isn't always obvious why the same things happen from the astrological symbolism, but you will notice parallels if you observe carefully. In my case I'm guessing it's because Mars is in Virgo L4and Venus is the exaltation lord of Pisces ruling the 5th (Jupiter can't speak for Pisces due to aversion in Aquarius) and there was a transiting almugea between Mercury and Venus (Taurus and Virgo domicile lords).
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

Stellarium wrote:Look at previous periods when Aquarius was a Level 3 releasing period (lasts about 10 weeks) - are there any common themes you can think of in those periods, are they more active? Any notable life events occur? etc.
Stellarium, what do you mean by Level 3 releasing period? I know there's a timelord and a sub-timelord for a certain period, but I haven't come across the mentioned expression.
I can't watch Curtis' YouTube videos on the subject due to very expensive internet-access where I live.

Yukionna wrote:
Stellarium wrote:Look at previous periods when Aquarius was a Level 3 releasing period (lasts about 10 weeks) - are there any common themes you can think of in those periods, are they more active? Any notable life events occur? etc.
Stellarium, what do you mean by Level 3 releasing period? I know there's a timelord and a sub-timelord for a certain period, but I haven't come across the mentioned expression.
I can't watch Curtis' YouTube videos on the subject due to very expensive internet-access where I live.
Each time lord sequence is further subdivided into smaller time increments. The general period gives the baseline expectations so if you have a 20 year Gemini period and benefics witness the place with no malefic rays and it is angular relative to fortune you know that it is a very favorable time (for actions and reputation if releasing from spirit). But this level division over 20 years things will not remain the same. There are ups and downs within such large spans of time. So Gemini hands over 20 months to itself, then 25 months to Cancer, 19 months to Leo etc on the L2 (second level sub division). If Mercury is in Virgo, then the 4th subdivision will be very important because that is the encounter of the domicile lord of Gemini in the sub period.

Now lets suppose we have a Sagittarius sub period at level 2 (L2). In L3 we will look for which sub period Jupiter is found (say it was in Taurus), then the Sag L2 -> Ta L3 will be important. It is the same for all remaining sub divisions. But keep in mind that much depends upon the upper level time lords. If the general times are bad, then sub divisions will largely just provide relief. If good and the sub divisions are bad, they represent temporary reversals or slack periods of lesser importance.
Curtis Manwaring

Curtis, I opened your Aphesis software because I wanted to check something and quite by coincidence found out that a second window opens which has exactly what you refered to in the above. What a great program that is :'

Yukionna wrote:Thank you Curtis, that leads to a very interesting avenue of prediction. Never guessed that releasing went so deep.
Thanks but that's just the tip of the iceberg. I built much more into it with Delphic Oracle using live data to cross reference different techniques; what is known in the software as "autogenerated charts" which now include pointers for timing procedures and shaded areas given onset dates, etc...
Curtis Manwaring

The delineation principles suggested by Curtis are virtually identical to those in Hindu Jyotish, suggesting that the Hellenistic doctrines were accurately preserved in India.

Basically, the idea is that the cycle of the principal time lord (to use the example given by Curtis, 20 years of Gemini) is much too long for accurate year-to-year prediction, and thus constitutes a kind of background. In other words, issues relating to the WS House represented by Gemini and issues relating to the placement of Mercury in the natal chart will form a kind of background to the entire 20-year cycle of life, but, at least in Jyotish, it is the secondary cycle which will more accurately depict the day to day events with which the native is concerned. So, if the secondary cycle in the releasing from Spirit is Cancer, then the native will not only experience events and themes relating to the house and the placement of the Moon, but also to the way in which the Moon combines with Mercury. Are they in trinal houses to each other? Are they perhaps in aversion? In the Hindu dasha system, we would say that if Mercury were found to be exalted while the Moon is in debilitation in Scorpio, then a few rough spots might be expected in the generally favorable period of Mercury, but the fact that the two planets are in sextile will probably assure that everything works out alright eventually. If I am understanding Curtis correctly, he is asserting that this is how it works in Hellenistic astrology as well.

I was also unaware that third level cycles were used in Hellenistic astrology, but if the doctrines were accurately transmitted to India, then we would expect that the third level of the cycle relates to the secondary level in much the same way that the subperiod's time lord relates to the primary time lord -- in other words, it is yet another level of fine tuning.

I have known many astrologers in India to calculate time lord periods down to the fourth level or even farther, but I have also found that the more levels one uses, the more one is likely to go astray with contradictory indications. After about the third level, I usually give up, as things often shift from "fine tuning" into "mere confusion."

Hi Kenneth,

Yes, that pretty much sums it up. However, I've been finding the 3rd and 4th levels very illuminating. The 4th level will very frequently time something important to the day, especially if it is the encounter of the domicile or exaltation lord of the 3rd level. I haven't bothered to check the 5th level as this will only last hours at most.
Curtis Manwaring

Also I've been finding that when levels repeat on 4 levels for example: Aq -> Vi -> Aq -> Vi that important things of the nature of the handing over tend to take place. Ellen Black calls this "amplification".

In the above sequence, I happen to have Mercury in an 8th house relationship to Saturn. This was the sequence that was active in my mothers chart the day she died (for fortune releasing). I had the very same combination for spirit releasing on the same day. (June 11, 1999)

Another time I had Li -> Aq -> Li -> Aq for fortune releasing. I lost my balance (Libra) and twisted my ankle (Aquarius). (March 7th, 2006)

I wish I could go on, but it would be embarrassing to some people and a violation of confidentiality.
Curtis Manwaring