Michael, they were using the system I cited earlier. This is one of the reasons I have always thought that its origin was Tantric. I am also going to search the Yogananda lessons for the Ayurveda based system mentioned by Therese.

Ken wrote: Apr 18, 2014 5:56 pm
I know some jyotishis in India who assign planetary mantras to their clients based on the bija mantras for each chakra as given by Avalon in The Serpent Power.
Do you mean that they determined the condition of a client's chakras by looking at the correlated planets in his chart?

If I'm getting this right, do you know more about this practice? I have never heard of this before, but it certainly sounds interesting.

Kenneth Johnson wrote:...I am also going to search the Yogananda lessons for the Ayurveda based system mentioned by Therese.
The organs of sense and action that I gave in an earlier post are diagrammed with the chakras on pages 17 and 20 in SRF's God Talks With Arjuna: The Bhagavad Gita, Vol. 1.

These agree with the ayurvedic correlations, but some are different than the correlations given in The Serpent Fire (page 125). I'm certainly no expert on the science of ayurveda, but the same correlations (Yogananda's) are diagrammed on page 24 of Dr. Vasant Lad's Ayurveda, The Science of Self-Healing. (The element--sense--action correlation, but not the chakras.) These correlations are also in The Holy Science minus the chakra references.

No planets are mentioned in any of these sources. But I see that I've added them to my notebook diagrams. I'm beginning to think the planets might have been my own idea based on the planet-element correlations in Jyotish.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm