the 6th house and social class

Traditionally speaking, does the 6th house have an affinity with the lower class? Because I am looking at an old solar return and in that year, I had a packed 6th house, and it seems like at that time I was around a lot of blue collar/salt of the earth types. That being said, I didn't meet these people through work, they had no connection with me and work at all, the relationship was entirely social in nature. So, I can't help but wonder if maybe the 6th house has some sort of connection with baser/coarser elements of society? Actually, I do get the impression that some sources on the 6th house imply this in a roundabout way, but I could just be reading too much into it. Anyways, is there any basis to this at all?

Re: the 6th house and social class

AstroNovice wrote:Traditionally speaking, does the 6th house have an affinity with the lower class? Because I am looking at an old solar return and in that year, I had a packed 6th house, and it seems like at that time I was around a lot of blue collar/salt of the earth types. That being said, I didn't meet these people through work, they had no connection with me and work at all, the relationship was entirely social in nature. So, I can't help but wonder if maybe the 6th house has some sort of connection with baser/coarser elements of society? Actually, I do get the impression that some sources on the 6th house imply this in a roundabout way, but I could just be reading too much into it. Anyways, is there any basis to this at all?
With J?piter in 6th,I had working class colleagues in a IT course

wow, pretty interesting.

I found this quote earlier which might be informative:
Ancient astrologers had a very dim view of the sixth house, which is called "the house of bad fortune." Valens makes a clear connection between this house and thieves, beggars, foot soldiers and slaves
While of course I am not saying that all working class/lower class people are akin to "thieves, beggars, foot soldiers and slaves", I can definitely see how the common theme underlying those four aforementioned categories of people plays out in a modern social context. The common underlying theme being one of social coarseness/baseness. Additionally the 6th house is directly opposite the 12th house, which as we all know rules prisons and presumably other kinds of social dysfunction, so...I don't think its too far fetched to assume that the 6th house also shares/contributes with some of the more negative significations of the 12th house.

A couple years late but just thought I'd share a quick story. Firdaria is Mercury/Mars. Mars is in the 6th and Mercury rules the Asc. When Mars transited a few degrees from my Asc a fire burned down part of an apt complex across the street from me. Most people that live there seem to be on the poor and the uneducated side of society.