Horoscope Nikola Tesla.

July, 10th: Tesla's Birth

Tesla was born "at the stroke of midnight" with lightning striking during a summer storm. He was born to a Serbian family in Smiljan near Gospi?, Lika, (the Military Frontier of Austria-Hungary, now in Croatia). The midwife commented, "He'll be a child of the storm," to which his mother replied, "No, of light." Tesla was baptized in the Old Slavonic Church rite. His Baptism Certificate reports that he was born on June 28 (Julian calendar; July 10 in the Gregorian calendar) 1856, and christened by the Serbian orthodox priest, Toma Oklobd?ija.

I have tried the time of birth to rectify a long time from 00.00.00 hour 10 july, but with no result.
For a moment I looked at the Ascendant degrees meanings and choose 2 degrees Taurus, Sabian symbol: An Electrical Storm.
The time of birth than situates before 00.00.00 hour 10 july.
At the end I rectified the time of birth of Nikola Tesla as 23h57m53s 27 June (9 July) 1856 local time.
Near 2 minutes before the stroke of midnight.
The mechanical clock of the Tesla's was probably near 2 minutes ahead of time.

I own a book written in the 50-.es by a very respected astrology authority (oddly enough, born very near Smiljan) in which he uses Tesla's data as a part of an elaborate section and example of chart rectification. Based on the quantity of the material used, it appears that he spent an enormous amount of time working on this chart and checking even the symbolism of family names and places important in his life during the process.
According to him, Tesla was born at 00:40 AM, on 10th July.

In another, more recent book, another astrologer uses not only the data found in written evidences but also the above mentioned rectified chart as parts of his own (equally elaborate) rectification process. In his version, Tesla was born 02min and 03sec (!) after midnight, on 10th of July which, I believe, puts his Asc on 04?12' Taurus.

However, many astrologers agree that the version in which Uranus and Algol are partile conjunct his Natal Asc makes most sense.

Cheers,

aglaya