Hi Saturngirl, Nice to meet you .

P213 CA (David Roell) ,'If good to remove from one house or place to another or to stay or abide in any place or not'.

Waiting for your comments :-D

The passage says:

"and if the lord of the fourth was unfortunate, or the fourth house itself, I judged the house was unlucky, and few that had lived therein did thrive, or that the repairs of the house had much weakened him* [Sidenote: *Or the house stood not conveniently for his trade].

Hi Deb, Happy to see your message and thank you for your quotation.

See next passage on the same page also, Lilly ?s comments . May I relate it to Feng shui ( this is too big theme to discussion here ) is not very appropriately ,and in Taiwan , If somebody die unnaturally or killed by others ,this place or house is considered as cursed one ,as Lilly did mention.

Do you have the same taboo here ?

Sorry, I should have carried on further down the page to add what he says there:

"And whereas I mention these words (perhaps the house was unlucky) some may cavil1 at the words, and say, God?s blessing is alike in all places, and it?s superstitious to judge, a house that is not a living thing, can be made unsuccessful or unfortunate, &c. Let them enjoy their opinion still; there?s not a man in this world less superstitious than my self, yet what I have found by experience, I freely communicate, and do remain of this opinion; That in what house any execrable2 facts are committed, the ministering Angels of God feeling the villany done in that house, and the dishonor done to God therein, doe accurse that place or house; which continues so long, as there is not a full expiation made by some godly person, for the sins committed in that house; or until the time limited by the angry Angel be expired, the house shall remain a most unfortunate house for any to live in: And this which I write, and is inflicted upon houses which are insensible, I assuredly know is preformed to the full upon the great and smaller Families of this world, &c. How in a natural way to discharge these curses, Sunt Sigilla & Lamina quae nec Scripta Sunt ,& ego novi.3"

1) Cavil = 'jeer / mock'
2) Excecrable = something deserving to be execrated (denounced, damned, cursed, etc)
3) Translation = "There are sigils and lamens [ie talismans] which are not written and I myself have knowledge of them"

I would say the situation here is still similar to how it seems to have been in Lilly's day. Some would jeer at the thought;' others will hold views that are not unlike Lilly's - it is very interesting isn't it?

Hi MingWei,

Speaking of the subject in somewhat more general terms, there are clear connections between Feng Shui and Chinese astrology (as I am sure you know).

Chinese astrology, in turn, bears many similarities with Indian and "Western" astrology.

Indeed, Franz Boll presents in his Sphaera convincing evidence for a common origin of the "Occidental" zodiac and the Chinese circle of the twelve animals.

Happy to chat more if you wish!

Best,
Michael

Thank you MingWei & Deb for the page no. & passage from C.A.😆
I haven't read this passage before so will enjoy absorbing it fully & understanding Lilly's words.
Judy :D
Enjoy what you learn,as it keeps the mind youthful!!

Hi,Deb,thanks for your quotation and notes :-D

And Lilly said ,He knew how to to discharge these curses ,however did not describe specially here ,Do you have any idea about this ? Andrew Bevan has shared some interesting ways to do around his place following my Facebook post,and I found it was a bit similarities to ours!

Hi,Michael Sternbach , glad to meet you , and I am not very clear what you want to chat with me ?

I do not think bazi (Chinese astrology) can totally be fixed into Western Astrology mould ,but it is indeed using Solar Return System (Tropical) instead of Sidereal zodiac.:D

Ming

Hi,Michael Sternbach , glad to meet you , and I am not very clear what you want to chat with me ?
Well, about the relation of Western astrology to Chinese astrology. Obviously, you are familiar with both. I am not really familiar with bazi, but I have studied a number of other Chinese esoteric and philosophical systems, to a certain degree.
I do not think bazi (Chinese astrology) can totally be fixed into Western Astrology mould ,but it is indeed using Solar Return System (Tropical) instead of Sidereal zodiac. :lol:
Neither do I necessarily think the two systems would coincide precisely, but what you are saying sounds certainly interesting!

The Chinese year with its twelve animals (I have read that they are also used for denoting the months) doesn't start when the Sun is at the Spring equinox, though, right?

So what you are talking about is a Tropical zodiac much like the "Western" one used exclusively in bazi?

Would you perhaps agree on opening up another thread entitled, say, "Western-style Astrology and Chinese Bazi - Parallels and Differences"? I'm sure quite a few people around would find this topic interesting.

I don't mean to bring this thread off topic.

BTW, I am an Earth Rooster. :lol: