Curtis has recently added a zodiacal offset option to Delphic Oracle 7, in addition to the custom ayanamsa option - this makes it possible sidereally to "tweak" an ayanamsa, i.e. add or subtract a given value to a predefined ayanamsa such as Lahiri.
It can also be used to experiment with a zodiacal offset in tropical, e.g. putting the VP at 8? Aries as per Valens' text; or at 5? Aries to test (with whole-sign houses) the 5? house cusp offset advocated by some traditional astrologers; or at 15? Aries as per Rumen Kolev's "Babylonian tropical" zodiac (which he uses together with sidereal and standard tropical); or at 0? Taurus as Cyril Fagan suggested would be a "more logical" place for the VP in a tropical system (i.e. drawing an analogy between antiscial symmetry and the symmetry of the rulership scheme).
Thanks to Curtis for this new feature.
Graham
Last edited by Graham F on Fri May 30, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Curtis

Yes of course you can use it, with pleasure! I've slightly changed the wording in the sentence about Fagan, it wasn't precise enough.

Users of this of this feature should be aware that, as in other programs offering a similar feature such as Jagannatha Hora ("Vedic"), it will not automatically produce a custom-adjusted navamsa (or other harmonic), as this will still be calculated from 0 Aries (which will no longer be the VP, as of course it isn't either in sidereal but is still used sidereally as the default start for harmonics). You just have to adjust mentally: the navamsa, for example, will be on the same degree but five signs (inclusive) forward of the one indicated if you want to get Fagan-type "noviens" starting on 0 Taurus (either tropically or sidereally).

Graham

irisalbus wrote:Hello Curtis,

Could you please specify how long the sale will be on? (I hope not asking you to reveal some business secret :-) )

Thanks

Iris
I don't know how long this sale will last.

@Graham - Thanks, but not sure how you want your statement on Fagan spliced in.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

Curtis
Maybe you could just use the first part (in my first message), and add:

"Please note that using the offset option will not change the calculation of navamsa - this will always be calculated from 0? Aries, whether or not this corresponds to the VP."

Or just leave it out, it's not likely to concern many users, and those that it does will probably realise this for themselves. I don't think the program includes other harmonics, so no need to mention them (the dwads are not a true harmonic, as they start on each sign itself).

Graham

Graham F wrote:Curtis
Maybe you could just use the first part (in my first message), and add:

"Please note that using the offset option will not change the calculation of navamsa - this will always be calculated from 0? Aries, whether or not this corresponds to the VP."

Or just leave it out, it's not likely to concern many users, and those that it does will probably realise this for themselves. I don't think the program includes other harmonics, so no need to mention them (the dwads are not a true harmonic, as they start on each sign itself).

Graham
OK. Thanks!
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

Hello Curtis,

Can I just check if the 50% discount period on Delphic Oracle is still running? From the website it appears it is but I wanted to double check first before purchase.

Thanks,

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Zoidsoft wrote:
Yes, Mark it is. I didn't specify any end date.
Thanks

Zoidsoft wrote:
I thought you already had the program?
No. I mentioned about doing so here last year but my finances didn't end up stretching that far. Maybe for the best though as this sale is for the upgraded version of Delphic Oracle!

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly