skyscript.co.uk
   

home articles forum events
glossary horary quiz consultations links more

Read this before using the forum
Register
FAQ
Search
View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Log in to check your private messages
Log in
Recent additions:
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Prominent planets never ruling the time periods
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Larxene



Joined: 22 Sep 2012
Posts: 312

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zoidsoft wrote:
The L1 period if favorable generally helps of course, but this is not where you get the most information. Most periods of this length are too broad; for example, I'm in an Aquarius (4th house) 30 year period and the main thing that can be said about that time is that it has been about searching the hidden nature of things. Most of the time I did this in obscurity, it was only when I hit Leo L2 (bond loosing) in 2005 and particularly Taurus L3 (10th from fortune) that I was "highly visible" and all were angular from fortune.


So, the L1 defines the general theme of the times. Okay, I've heard of that.

Alright, you studied hidden things in obscurity because its Aquarius and it is in the 4th, the anti-culmination. The loosing of the bond to the most public house brings your activity to light. 10th from Fortune is also a public house because Fortune can be considered a second Ascendant.



zoidsoft wrote:
The other thing you have to consider is that some L1 periods (or L2, etc) never come into focus. A Libra period that is 10th from fortune that happens to be in Capricorn when the domicile and exaltation lord falls in Virgo for instance because Libra periods only go for 8 years.


Is it because the lords are in aversion to Libra, or is it because the period is too short? Both?



zoidsoft wrote:
Yes there was. It was because Carson reached his 10th from fortune (in ZR Spirit) in the early 60's that he became famous, but he probably wouldn't have reached that level of fame if Saturn and Mercury hadn't both been conjunct the ascendant. Those were fortune angles being used in reputation/spirit and they were cadent. The trigon lords of the sect light are supposed to be judged for angularity relative to the "cosmic" angles.


10th from Fortune is cadent with respect to the Ascendant, that is true. Saturn and Mercury are angular, however.

By "cosmic angles", are you referring to Ascendant, Fortune and Spirit?



Konrad wrote:
I understand the "bearing fruit" period, I have seen this play out many times in other charts.


What is the "bearing fruit" period?



zoidsoft wrote:
Time lord sequences are also different in the sense that they represent "processes" (what Schmidt would characterize as the aorist tense) of an activity that is ongoing. Whereas primary directions, progressions and transits tend to be seen as "hits" or "events" that show a point in time that is representative of a symbol. Originally though, the precursor to primaries (the circumambulations of Dorotheus for example) was meant to lay down a time lord sequence such as directions through the bounds. Schmidt said that the paradigm behind this fit the "accusation and acquittal" logic of Aristotle for the bounds, but that the encounter of rays was a form of Stoic logic because it followed an "if .. then" rationale.


*bangs head on the wall* The above text reminds me of a bottomless pit...no matter how deep I go, there's always someplace deeper below. crying

What do you mean by "processes of an activity that is ongoing"?

Also, what does "hits or events that show a point in time that is representative of a symbol" mean?

So your argument is that the precursor to primaries was intended to do what zodiacal releasing is currently doing for us?



zoidsoft wrote:
The way I determine what the L1 theme is for those longer periods is to ask what was the same or a constant in that subject during those times. So for reputation and actions (spirit), I've been in the 30 years of Aquarius L1 in the 4th house. Astrology and investigating the hidden meanings of things has been a constant throughout since 1988 especially (though before as well but less consistently under Capricorn L1). So while the general theme is that, the sub periods represent various applications of those actions. BTW in 1993 I was in a Gemini 8th house (not Cancer as I said above) and started reading the PH translations (old idle books). I didn't actually meet Schmidt until Aug 1994 under a 10th house profection year and it wasn't until after summer 1995 that I started traveling down to Berkeley Springs for the weekend workshops (that was the Cancer 9th house period). The Taurus L2 period (7th house) was when I started doing consultations again after a hiatus in the 80's...


Interesting. I certainly look at general time lords in a similar way. Thanks for the elaboration. Smile


I found something interesting in my own Releasing of Spirit, now that I've taken a deeper look at it. It seems I started learning astrology during my Cancer period. The Moon is in the 9th, which speaks of some occult activities. To be precise, I started getting involved when the sub-period came to the 9th house in Capricorn. What was intriguing was the fact that during this period, Capricorn (9th house) was the profected Ascendant when my astrological activities started. This looks like a double-activation to me!

There were a few months of break from astrology, but I was always involved in some kind of occult activity for most of the times. For the forseeable future, I plan to continue to study astrology.



Kenneth Johnson wrote:
The general consensus is: No, not really. It may, however, give powerful or even spectacular results IF it becomes a secondary chronocrator for another planet which allows it to (using a Hellenistic term) conduct its business.


Thanks, Kenneth! It is as I thought then. It's better if the powerful planet becomes the primary time lord. But, like Curtis has deliberately explained, and as you have aptly added, secondary chronocratorship can also allow the planet to fulfill its promise, albeit perhaps to a lesser degree or less often, in general.



zoidsoft wrote:
Yes, that's pretty much the way I see it. If one takes the nautical metaphor into account, then the top level chronocratorship is like the jet stream, the sub periods are like winds at the local level. One can get far in the jet stream (or go far in life). I've seen charts like Bob Dylans though that hit several favorable sub periods in a row while avoiding the L1 10th from fortune and still "make it" in life.


Alright, but in general, general period > sub-period.
_________________
Interested in Hellenistic astrology? Visit my blog.

The appearance changes, but the essence remains.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zoidsoft



Joined: 10 Feb 2006
Posts: 959
Location: Pulaski, NY

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the period is too short for the ruler to appear in a sub period then it never comes into focus. A "bearing fruit" period is the same thing.
_________________
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zoidsoft



Joined: 10 Feb 2006
Posts: 959
Location: Pulaski, NY

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cosmic angles are the ascendant, midheaven, descendant and imum coeli.
_________________
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
. Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

       
Contact Deborah Houlding  | terms and conditions  
All rights on all text and images reserved. Reproduction by any means is not permitted without the express
agreement of Deborah Houlding or in the case of articles by guest astrologers, the copyright owner indictated