Larxene wrote:Okay, any software that can do daily profections for free?
Do you really need to do daily profections?! It suddenly came to my mind a quote from William Lilly's book, something in the lines of "if a person followed all the rules from the older astrologers, in all the details, he would take half a year to judge a nativity with accuracy".

Curiously, that quote is exactly in the Profections chapter, when he says he will only do annual profections..

But I guess that with modern computers one could also do hourly profections, but for what purpose. Well, if it's free, what the hell then, people get what they will pay for! :)

jventura wrote:... "if a person followed all the rules from the older astrologers, in all the details, he would take half a year to judge a nativity with accuracy".

Curiously, that quote is exactly in the Profections chapter, when he says he will only do annual profections.."
jventura - thanks for sharing that quote! it's humourous and has some obvious truth to it.

Actually, daily profections can be useful. If your main planets are in 1 or 2 signs, using only annual profections, you have wait years to activate it. Using monthly profections, similarly, you have to wait for months.

However daily profections allow you to find several days to increase your activity in a particular endeavour. Daily profections can be done in several ways, but in general, you get 2-3 days per month for every sign that you want to activate. I think this is more important for those with stelliums.

Hourly profections is not that useful, as it is too short to make a difference.

Anyway, the point is to experiment; if later one finds that indeed, it does not help much, then one can discard it. No problems. But at least, one has some experience to validate one's argument.
Interested in Hellenistic astrology? Visit my blog.

The appearance changes, but the essence remains.

Larxene wrote:Actually, daily profections can be useful. If your main planets are in 1 or 2 signs, using only annual profections, you have wait years to activate it. Using monthly profections, similarly, you have to wait for months.

However daily profections allow you to find several days to increase your activity in a particular endeavour. Daily profections can be done in several ways, but in general, you get 2-3 days per month for every sign that you want to activate. I think this is more important for those with stelliums.
Hi Larxene,

never though of that highly specific "case", so you have a good point there! However, the lack of information about the interpretation of monthly profections (at least in the extremely limited number of sources that I am aware of), makes me think that it may not be, probably, something particularly relevant.

Do you have any experimental/personal results which indicates some relevance for monthly profections, or are you just testing them out?

(I was kidding about hourly profections :) , although technically it could be done)

Jo?o Ventura

I am planning to experiment with it in the near future.

The only relevant experience I have is that during my 9th profection year, the last month of that year and the beginning of the next profection year was one of the best periods in my life. I started getting into some basic thelemite practice (occult stuff) and the effect was immediate. I felt like Buddha for those two months, free from suffering and depression...those were the periods in which my main planets were activated. After those several months, though... :(

It's true that there's a lack of traditional sources that delineate monthly profections, much less daily profections. If there's none, we can just innovate. For me I will base monthly profections on how the ancients delineated annual profections.
Interested in Hellenistic astrology? Visit my blog.

The appearance changes, but the essence remains.