(Next day) Perhaps I should extrapolate that thought a little. . . think about the diverse and wonderful personalities who contribute to the forum - but (and this is a bit fuzzy to say the least) I think what occurred to me is. . . did a role you (will) play/contribute show in a chart for the moment you made your first post?

Are you teacher, student, philosopher, debater, historian, interested onlooker, seeker? Will you influence the forum? - will it affect you? how? - while I can appreciate that each and every one of us to has a little of those qualities in us to be in the forum in the first place, to any lesser or greater degree did it show unwittingly in the moment you made your first post?

I think that's what I was thinking! :???:

I?m not sure I follow you exactly, but there was an older version of the forum so some of the details for joining are now lost. I find it hard to believe that anyone would go to such trouble as electing a time to join a forum, but I often notice a correspondence between transits and the kind of issues we discuss, or the way that discussions go. For example, hard transits tend to bring out the disagreements, and when Mercury-Mars is involved there?s often a flourish of activity.

It wasn?t me. One day after coming home from a haircut I joined because I wanted to babble. More than 100 posts later I think that I have succeeded. No astro planning on my part. Just pure spontaneous babbling. Well, not really. It takes a long time for me to write a post. My babbling is followed by much editing which kills the joy of spontaneity but makes me look a lot better. (People who know me have learned to follow the loops. I don?t know?I don?t get it. But they seem to enjoy themselves.)

Deb mentioned transits. I have often wondered if anyone else has noticed the flux of activity and tied it in with the transits. Not only the flux, but the discussion topics themselves. In the Mundane forum I started the topic of ?Hot Sex at Skyscript?. I thought it was fun, but I was actually very interested in the idea of the transits at the birth of the ?Eighth house and sex? topic. A few months ago I started the topic on Mars or Venus as the water day triplicity ruler and later realized, and posted, that transiting Mars and Venus were conjoining in Scorpio (a water sign) at that time. And Deb, do you remember the start of the Sun/Moon relationship topic late last August? I realized about a week after you started it, following my comment that I was wanting to go in that direction, that at the time transiting Jupiter (planet of knowledge, opportunity, and new horizons) was just minutes from my Sun-Moon midpoint. I babbled a lot on that topic. These things are fun to take note of and, if I?m smart and careful, I will never let the joy of their occurrence be lost and forgotten in the search for the ?right? methods and most credible authorities. But I am babbling. It?s a bad habit.

Hi Deb
I?m not sure I follow you exactly
Quite frankly, I'm not really surprised! :lol:
I find it hard to believe that anyone would go to such trouble as electing a time to join a forum,
. . .so did I on reflection - must learn not to post without finding my brain first!
but I often notice a correspondence between transits and the kind of issues we discuss, or the way that discussions go
. . .but that is interesting isn't it - and I guess no more than we should expect really.

Hi Kirk
It wasn?t me. One day after coming home from a haircut I joined because I wanted to babble
that must be some hairdresser you have! :lol:
(People who know me have learned to follow the loops. I don?t know?I don?t get it. But they seem to enjoy themselves
I'll try to keep up. . .
I started the topic of ?Hot Sex at Skyscript?. I thought it was fun, but I was actually very interested in the idea of the transits at the birth of the ?Eighth house and sex? topic
I'm still wending my way through this lot . . . I never seem to have enough time to sit and read it at the computer, so I ran it off today. . . it's something like 170 pages!!!!!!
But I am babbling. It?s a bad habit
no. . .it was rather nice of you to join in, thanks.

:sg and between you and me, it may well be a habit of mine! :wink:

Deb,

?Expounding the point?. So that?s what I have been doing! It sounds real pretty that way. I share the joy of Monsieur Jourdain in Moli?re?s ?Le Bourgeois gentilhomme? who was delighted to learn that he had been speaking prose all his life.

Sungem,
and between you and me, it may well be a habit of mine!
Babbling can sometimes produce gold, but a good editor is a real treasure.
Thanks for the opportunity for some lighthearted posting. With Saturn sitting on my Mercury for a couple of months I have needed it. Have you ever experienced Saturn sitting on your Mercury? That?s a lot of lead.

Saturn is rather heavy for Mercury to bear. Mercury sitting on Saturn doesn't hurt half so much.

Another thing I?ve just noticed ? if something horrible happens, I?ll look to see what astrological event provoked it. This morning I had an unexpected argument. Nothing of very great importance but it came from nowhere, so because I was unsettled about it, I looked to see what was going on ?up there?. Sure enough Saturn on the ascendant opposing Mars on the descendant, and Mercury opposing Jupiter across the relevant axis. There?s some comfort in knowing that I am likely to be ?ratty? in the morning with that sort of cross-fire going on.

Yet I never think to consult with astrology if something pleasant happens. If I have a particular charming or witty conversation, I just assume that?s because I?m a naturally nice person 8) I have just realised that I am very quick to blame the faults of my character on ?astrological pressure?, but I don?t allow astrology to take any credit for the positive characteristics! Something has just dawned on me, but I haven?t figured out what it is yet.

Hi Kirk,
Thanks for the opportunity for some lighthearted posting
My pleasure . . .I'm sure you'll have opportunity to return the favour sometime.
With Saturn sitting on my Mercury for a couple of months I have needed it. Have you ever experienced Saturn sitting on your Mercury? That?s a lot of lead.
oow! and it sounds as if it's been particularly troublesome just recently.

I am very familiar with Saturn *sitiing* on me, he's conjunct my Moon by 1 deg (natally) and quincunx Jupiter. Unfortunately when he transitted conjunt Mercury in 2001 I was a bit busy with Uranus trining Venus and Pluto sashaying over the ASC.

To me, in close transit, he always feels like a straight-jacket to me. No matter what's happening I feel I can't do anything about it, I'm almost immobilized by him, the alternative is he brings a period of extreme busy-ness, usually at work. :-T

(sigh). . .but I know irrefutably over and above all, the teacher has been teaching me patience - it feels as though it's been my lifelong lesson.

Happily for me he's currently hopped the water to bother you for a bit.

Chin up - I know sometimes it's difficult to see from the inside, but this too shall pass.

Hi Deb

You?re so right ? we do tend to look at the transits to illuminate what?s going wrong, but seldom for what?s going right. All the ?good? aspects we wait for longingly to show themselves either don?t influence as expected or get lost and un-attributed while we?re enjoying ourselves.
If I have a particular charming or witty conversation, I just assume that?s because I?m a naturally nice person
But of course! What else could it possibly be? :)

Perhaps we should put my appearance on the forum and the subject of my questions down to the current Jupiter trine Neptune!

Well, the forum seems to have time for me at the moment so I?m not complaining ? in fact I?m going to ask a further indulgence because I don?t think I can sit on this one any longer ? it?s really given me a jolt. (Please see new thread).

(Also, I?ve sent you a PM ? would you let me know that you did in fact receive the email please? ? I don?t send many international emails and some recent ones with Matrix never got to them although I could happily receive everything they sent. I was beginning to feel I?d had Mercury retrograde since Christmas!)