Iraq and Syria 2014

I was given a chart for Iraq sovereignty which I thought I would share for anyone interested. It is shown below.....

It seems the partition of Iraq into sections based on religious lines is in the process of unfolding based on the developments of the past 2 days.

I don't have much to say on the chart, other then the transit of Saturn towards the I.C. point seems to portent some form of breakup or separation in itself. some might find the cross over data from this chart to the Baghdad inception chart interesting to look at.

upload gif

Here is the 2014 Aries ingress chart set to Mosul. I will comment on this when I get some time. It is a similar chart to what you'd get if you set the location to Slavinsk, Ukraine or somewhere in eastern Ukraine where the go'vt is bombing their own citizens.

screen capture

James_M wrote:
I was given a chart for iraq sovereignty which I thought I would share for anyone interested. it is shown below....
Yes. This is in the latest edition of Nicholas Campions's book (2004)

Personally though, I think the 1958 chart for the creation of the Iraqi republic is more radical. This coincides with when the Iraq's monarchy was overthrown so it represents a fundamental change in the nations political history. The chart is timed for the date of the coup d'?tat on 14th July 1958 which overthrew the monarchy. According to Nicholas Campion the proclamation of a republic was transmitted by radio at 4.00AM GMT.

Here is the chart:

Recent Eclipses activating Chart

-The last visible Lunar Eclipse in Iraq was in October 18th 2013. It fell on the degree of the 1958 Mars.

-The last visible solar eclipse over Iraq was in November 3rd 2013. It was at 11'15 Scorpio near the IC of the 1958 chart.

-The solar eclipse of April 29th 2014 fell on the degree of the MC (Taurus) in this chart. This Eclipse also opposed the degree of the Moon in the sovereignty of Iraq chart displayed by James above.

-The Lunar eclipse of April 15th 2014 at 25 Libra opposed the radix Mars in the 1958 chart. This eclipse also activated the Mars in the Aries ingress chart which was close to the ASC at 25 Libra.

Profectional Year and Natal planets(s) activated

-This is a 9th house profectional year for the 1958 chart. So Mars is the profectional Lord of the year.

-In the radix chart Mars and the south Node are in the 9th house (WSH, Equal, Placidus, Regio, Alcabitius)

The Chart and Recent developments

One might expect religious or foreign policy issues to be prominent and potentially violence to unfold with this kind of radix chart in a 9th house profectional year.

In the last 9th house profectional year there was the action in the UN against Iraq, UN weapons inspectors and the outbreak of the 2003 Iraq war led by the US and its allies.

During this profectional year we have seen the ever rising power of the Jihadi group The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (abbreviated as ISIS or ISIL) since they captured the city of Fallujah on January 4th 2014.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_St ... the_Levant

This week ISIS dealt a spectacular blow to Baghdad's Shiite-led government by grabbing Iraq's second city Mosul, and the capital city of Baghdad itself is now under threat of capture with the Iraqi government military forces showing little resolve to fight the Islamicists head on so far. Indeed up to now they have fled and left their weapons behind them!

The nine-year Shia dominance over Iraq, established after the US, Britain and other allies overthrew Saddam Hussein, may be coming to an end. The Shia may continue to hold the capital and the Shia-majority provinces further south, but they will have great difficulty in re-establishing their authority over Sunni provinces from which their army has fled.

Below is a map from the BBC website on the military progress of ISIS in Iraq and Syria as of 12/06/2014:
Mark
Last edited by Mark on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

An update on the advance of ISIS forces in Iraq. They are now threatening to capture the capital Baghdad.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 30899.html

As the article points out there is now a prospect of some kind of Iranian military intervention as the last thing they would want would be the control of Iraq by a Sunni Jihadi regime that describes Shia Muslims as 'polytheists' ie heretics.

President Obama has stated his government is looking at "all options", including military action, to help Iraq fight Islamist militants.'' However, the White House also insisted it had no intention of sending ground troops.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-27823955

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

hi mark,

thanks for sharing. i agree with you on the relevance of the 1958 chart for a number of reasons, many of which you have articulated here. if we were to agree on the use of this chart to help with a prediction, would you be able to offer any specific thoughts on the direction for iraq at this moment in time?

looking at the solar return to this chart for 2014 appears to suggest a continuation of hardship for iraq, which is a pretty obvious guess anyway since the us war on iraq started back in 2003.. i note the sun/mars square in the 2014 sr chart. according to my software although mars was the profection lord in 2002 for use in the march 20 2003 iraq war start, presently we are still in a jupiter profected year with mars profected year not starting until the july 14th date.. mars will be the profected lord beginning july 2014.. the hardship for iraq won't stop which is an easy guess anyway, but is borne out in the use of these predictive methods on the 1958 chart. i haven't examined the 2004 chart in the same detail.

one other comment which is connected to what you probably articulated as well - nodal axis is highlighting eclipse material in the vicinity of the natal mars in this 58 chart which also suggests a martial type experience highlighted in this chart for 2014 anyway..

Hi
Profection 2013 for 1958 chart still current to Pisces 8H empty gives way to Mars in next sign. In 8H year gives hints to setbacks, sorrow, destruction and so on. Ruler of Pisces Jupiter in 3H hints to above caused by those in neighboring country. Mars 9H adds element of foreigners -fighters- involved.

Empty 8H hand over then what planet sign house fills that requirement? Staying with Mars is 7 signs from Aries to Libra add 1 gives Scorpio 8 signs. Mars hands over to Neptune. Neptune, avoidance. In 7th from 10H Neptune gives hints to dissatisfaction of the people -Neptune in natal 4H- with leadership. Appears this fellow Malaki has avoided a lot when it comes to the people as a whole. Mars Neptune as we know very evil energy at work, has to do with terror and betrayal. Reports I have read says some of Saddams old guard are working with this Is Is group. Why are any officers from Saddam still alive????

Going around the wheel from Mars. MC Meridian hands over to Sag, 8th from 10th., Saturns location. 5H is 8H from 10H with Saturn there shows again sorrow, destruction, attempts at dismantling the leadership. Sag is 10th sign from yearly Pisces is powerful place for this year. Much else I will let you read effects.

Going around the wheel, Pluto hands over to Mars 8 signs apart Virgo to Aries. Saturn hands over to the Sun 8 signs.
Break it down more using the number 4. Mars hands over to the Sun. Sun to Jupiter. Number 2 I will leave.
From Pisces 12 steps Cap took over May 14 to June 13 2014, Cap natal 6H territorial attack.
SD or Progressed chart Naibod RA puts both MC and Asc 0 Cardinals Mc 0 Cancer Asc 0 Libra. MC sextile N. Pluto 0 Virgo. Doesn't look like much going on in Progressed chart unless we realize both Angles in Critical degrees. Michaelb

Michaelb wrote:
Profection 2013 for 1958 chart still current to Pisces 8H empty gives way to Mars in next sign.
Quite right. My mistake. I saw Aries was rising using the medieval method of degree by degree profections but we obviously haven't got to 14'39 Aries yet using whole sign profections!

Michaelb wrote:
Empty 8H hand over then what planet sign house fills that requirement? Staying with Mars is 7 signs from Aries to Libra add 1 gives Scorpio 8 signs. Mars hands over to Neptune.
I suspect many members will be totally lost what you mean here
:???: Can I ask you to explain your thought process here. I doubt its transparent to most people reading this unfamiliar with this technique.
Going around the wheel from Mars. MC Meridian hands over to Sag, 8th from 10th., Saturns location. 5H is 8H from 10H with Saturn there shows again sorrow, destruction, attempts at dismantling the leadership. Sag is 10th sign from yearly Pisces is powerful place for this year. Much else I will let you read effects.

Going around the wheel, Pluto hands over to Mars 8 signs apart Virgo to Aries. Saturn hands over to the Sun 8 signs. Break it down more using the number 4. Mars hands over to the Sun. Sun to Jupiter. Number 2 I will leave.

From Pisces 12 steps Cap took over May 14 to June 13 2014, Cap natal 6H territorial attack.
Any chance you could attempt to explain your logic here in plain English? This language is very terse and hard to unpick for the uninitiated.

Thanks

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi,
Mark, I got a kick out of the following you wrote:

Mark wrote:
[quote]Any chance you could attempt to explain your logic here in plain English? This language is very terse and hard to unpick for the uninitiated.
[/quote]

I am still rofl at that one. Yes, I know my writing stinks doesn't it, smile smile but to do what you request would be like asking England to win a game at the World Cup, smile smile. Also, where I write Read Valens is a friendly suggestion, please take it that way.

I am not sure I can explain in simple manner. My understanding of Valens plus my lousy writing skills may prohibit a clear or simple summary of my understanding his teachings. Valens teachings on Profections is not as easy as say describing a Solar Return or Progression. So, if any one is interested in Profections beyond the tip of the iceberg that I see many discussing around the net, that is, moving Asc one sign per year only, read n study Valens first.

I have not read the medieval comments to profection so I ask did they mention any thing I write about such as looking at planets 8 signs apart in a 8H empty hand over year?

If they did not mention such things, read Valens. There is a whole lot of ice below that water line one year to the next when reading Valens. Download the PDF. As far as I can tell he is our Horses Mouth and is where serious study should - always ?? begin. Ok Lilly is not a bad place to start but there is much much more to read from Valens.

Michaelb wrote:
[quote]Profection 2013 for 1958 chart still current to Pisces 8H empty gives way to Mars in next sign. [/quote]

Mark wrote:
[quote]Quite right. My mistake. I saw Aries was rising using the medieval method of degree by degree profections but we obviously haven't got to 14'39 Aries yet using whole sign profections![/quote]

I did not see that as a mistake. Thinking like you when suspecting few members may be totally lost re. what I wrote they also may ask how in an 8H year Mars would take over being in the 9H. This Comes from hints in Valens. If house is empty at hand over, next sign house is occupied then that planet may take over. So I tried to explain that.

Michaelb wrote:
[quote]Empty 8H hand over then what planet sign house fills that requirement? Staying with Mars is 7 signs from Aries to Libra add 1 gives Scorpio 8 signs. Mars hands over to Neptune. [/quote]

Mark wrote.
[quote]I suspect many members will be totally lost what you mean here
Confused Can I ask you to explain your thought process here. I doubt its transparent to most people reading this unfamiliar with this technique.
[/quote]

Michaelb wrote:
[quote]Going around the wheel from Mars. MC Meridian hands over to Sag, 8th from 10th., Saturns location. 5H is 8H from 10H with Saturn there shows again sorrow, destruction, attempts at dismantling the leadership. Sag is 10th sign from yearly Pisces is powerful place for this year. Much else I will let you read effects. [/quote]

Michaelb wrote:
[quote]Going around the wheel, Pluto hands over to Mars 8 signs apart Virgo to Aries. Saturn hands over to the Sun 8 signs. Break it down more using the number 4. Mars hands over to the Sun. Sun to Jupiter. Number 2 I will leave. From Pisces 12 steps Cap took over May 14 to June 13 2014, Cap natal 6H territorial attack. [/quote]

Mark wrote:
[quote]Any chance you could attempt to explain your logic here in plain English? This language is very terse and hard to unpick for the uniniatiated. END comments and quotes from Mark. [/quote]

Michaelb wrote:
[quote]For the 1958 chart this is an 8H year. Asc to 8H Pisces, Pisces is empty. Then if next house, in this case Aries 9H is occupied then that planet Mars may take over the year.[/quote]

Being an empty 8H year, I then look to planets 8 signs apart to find eventual hand overs. See Valens. 4 then is part of 8 so I also looked at planets 4 signs apart, that may be a bit of a fudge tho, smile smile. This was to show what else we may do in an empty house hand over year. Whatever the number is in empty house hand over, look to planets that number of signs apart. If this were an empty 9H year, look to planets 9 signs apart, maybe even 3 signs apart, 3 is interval of 9.

More for this 1958 chart to complicate matters even more, smile smile. 2013 - 1958 = 55. This is a 55 year chart. What numbers make up the 55? 5 and 11. 5 x 11 = 55 so we look to larger number of 11 first. That is what Valens usually did. So we look to planets 11 signs apart. There we have Mercury Uranus to Moon Venus. Pluto to Sun. Jupiter Node to Uranus Mercury and so on. We also might use the five.

For the five I will only look at the fire signs starting with Mars. Aries to Leo is 5 Signs so the five in this 8H year would be like a year when Mars hands over to Uranus Mercury. Ur Me then hand over to Saturn. Saturn hands over to Mars, all of these in sequence of five signs apart. In such a cycle of hand overs we may say Planets in active houses may be more active than those not in active places. Yet for the fire triangle all in fairly good houses, 1 5 9.

More to perhaps consider for the empty 8H Pisces year, any planets transiting Pisces at current time also may be considered as ruler of the time. Such a planet is Neptune transiting in Pisces. In natal he comes from an active place on the lower meridian.

Reading Valens he gives hints how a planet may rule for several years in a row so it is not always a one year term limit for a ruling planet. This depends on how the planets are situated in chart. This is still not clear enough is it? Michaelb PS lets not turn this topic into Profection topic

Hi
In the Hindi school, reference the late Mr. M.S. Mehta student of Mr. K.N. Rao in book Time Tested Techniques of Mundane Astrology, bottom of page 237 heading Stay of Mars in a rashi -sign- for more than six months, Mr. Mehta reminds us such a long stay in sign causes evil results. Mr. Mehta's reference ?? could that have been as far back to the old Sage Varahamihara, can't remember. Of course, Mr. Mehta used Lahiri but the stay of Mars in tropical Libra proves his point. Mars into Libra around 8 Dec. 2013 to 26 July 2014.

Here is link to ISIS or ISIL goes back further than Jan 2014.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_St ... _and_Syria

Two dates for this group on wiki page
Islamic State of Iraq proclaimed 15 October 2006
Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant proclaimed 9 April 2013

From Wiki, Its aim was to establish a caliphate in the Sunni majority regions of Iraq, later expanding this to include Syria.[32] In February 2014, after an eight-month power struggle, al-Qaeda cut all ties with ISIS.

This takes us back to the chart for Baghdad July 31 762 14:40 LMT should give tropical Asc 8Sg40 Purpose also was to create a caliphate. I have had this data for many years. Memory says I got this data on an astrology list like SkyScript many years ago and data came from the late Mr. Holden. His reference I think was some writing from al-Biruni.

Using Secondary Directed Naibod R.A. Iran Iraq began 22 Sep 1980 Pr Asc 3 Ta Conj. n.Uranus 3 Ta. Pr. Moon 24 Ta Opp. n.Pluto 23 Scorpio. Pr. Neptune 23 Can Conj. n.Mars Antiscion 23 Can.

Kuwait around Aug 2, 1990 MC directed to 0 Aqu Sqr n.Saturn 1 Ta. Pr Saturn rx 9 Ge Opp n.Asc 8 Sag, Opp n.Jup 8 Sag.

Iraq war 20 Mar 2003, Pr Saturn 8 Ge Opp n. Jup 8 Sag.

Currently SD chart for 12 June 2014, Pr MC 23 Aqu Sqr n.Plu 23 Scorpio, Pr Moon 11 Leo Conj n.Sun 10 Leo. Pr Mars 3 Aqu Sqr n.Uranus 3 Ta. Pr Saturn 8 Gem Opp n.Jup 8 Sag.

Of natals receiving aspects above for 12 June 2014 SD chart, have no time to post it, so it does not appear as random hit list, Pluto in 12H an attempt at disintegration of the state. Sun in 8H quads Placidus, peril through war, losses 8H to foreign persons Sun ruler of 9th whole sign. Uranus 6H whole signs surprise territorial attack. Jupiter in 1H ruler of 1 and 4 homeland and its people under attack by a group of religious fanatics aka a mafia, at work.

The Profection for the year beginning JulyAugust 2013 goes to Pisces, a 4 year. No planets in next sign Aries. Pisces empty so Neptune transiting Pisces may be considered ruler of time. Neptune can give exaggerated hopes, expectations. Has ISIL bit off more than they can chew? now in square to n.Mars 6 Gemini on natal Desc.. May consider Mars ruler of conflict and so on. Neptune Mars terror betrayal, brutality, cruelty, also adds a bit of public disgrace.

A few Planets handing over 4 signs apart in the 762 Chart. Sun Leo to Pluto Scorpio. Saturn Uranus Taurus to Sun Leo.
From top of chart Sun to Pluto, latter in a Plus Zone but not in same sign as Asc., Sun Pluto, put up your fists to fight or back down.

Transit Mars to Scorpio, first he will cross the 27th of Libra his last retro degree, finally direct as per the old Sages. 27 Libra, is degree for the 762 chart natal Moon.

Solar Fire says Almuten for the chart, Ezra scores Jup 44, Sat 41. Omar scores Sat 27, Jup 26. That might give Jupiter some added importance via Transit now 22 23 Cancer Conj. 762 n.Mars Antiscion 23 Cancer. Jupiter also important ruler of 1H directly on Ascendant. Michaelb

On a related thread James has proposed a chart for ISIS from Marjorie Orr's website.

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8331

This is debateable since the founding of this grouping is shady and has gone through numerous transformations so several charts are possible. There seems to be multiple dates floating around.

In contrast the chart I am provisionally presenting is for the declaration of the Emirate of the Islamic State of Iraq and El-Sham (ISIS). This therefore represents a chart for a de facto new state or government not just a political organization.

As Wikipedia points out they raised their flag and declared a new independent state on January 3rd 2014 after capturing the city of Fallujah.

http://www.voanews.com/content/iraqi-ci ... 23591.html

From the above news release:

Quote:
On Friday, al-Qaida militants raised their flag over government buildings in Fallujah, about 60 kilometers west of Baghdad, and declared an independent Islamic state.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/al- ... story.html

The Washington post states:
At Friday prayers , held outdoors and attended by thousands of people, a masked ISIS fighter took the podium and addressed the crowd, declaring the establishment of an ?Islamic emirate? in Fallujah and promising to help residents fight the government of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and his Iranian allies.
Here is a chart for the Declaration of the Emirate of the Islamic State of Iraq and Sham (ISIS) made in the city of Fallujah on January 3rd 2014.
News reports state the declaration was made just after after Friday prayers. Those were due to begin at 12:04 by Islamic calendar:

The announcement was made immediately following the prayer. That could allow a slightly earlier time of say 12:10 but I have read 5-10 minutes is normal to conduct prayers.

http://www.islamicfinder.org/cityPrayer ... untry=iraq

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumu%27ah

Mark

Last edited by Mark on Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

mark,

first off - the link on the bottom of you most recent post doesn't bring a person to where i think you'd like them to go to.

2ndly, i don't see how one can start a date for ISIS with a declaration made in fallujah on january 3 2014.. they have been working and holding gains effective prior to this date..

fwiw - wikipedia which one could say is a special type of propaganda tool in itself, had offered the same date of aug 15 2006 earlier today, but i see it has now been changed to this january 3rd date you offer! that is pretty funny too as what was their earlier today has been scrubbed..amazing how wikipedia can get an update on the same day, but i suppose the increased interest would help this to happen...

personally i think isis is the new front for usa/saudi arabia, but you won't be reading about that in the media any time soon.

i have too much to do today to respond to your other posts, but will when i get a chance. thanks..

first off - the link on the bottom of you most recent post doesn't bring a person to where i think you'd like them to go to.
Looks fine to me. Just requires a bit scrolling down the thread!
2ndly, i don't see how one can start a date for ISIS with a declaration made in fallujah on january 3 2014.. they have been working and holding gains effective prior to this date..
They were operating in the area as arguably a terrorist or insurgency force. But until January 3rd they hadn't gained de facto power in any major population centre that I am aware of in Iraq. The Bolsheviks were operating and attempted to seize power before the October Revolution in St Petersburg in 1917. However, we date the Soviet era from their successful seizure of the city.

James M wrote:
fwiw - wikipedia which one could say is a special type of propaganda tool in itself, had offered the same date of aug 15 2006 earlier today, but i see it has now been changed to this january 3rd date you offer! that is pretty funny too as what was their earlier today has been scrubbed..amazing how wikipedia can get an update on the same day, but i suppose the increased interest would help this to happen...
Actually, I told them they had it wrong!
personally i think isis is the new front for usa/saudi arabia, but you won't be reading about that in the media any time soon.
Saudi Arabia yes. Saudi Arabia and private individuals in that country are promoting the Salafi version of Sunni Islam to the world which is promoting this kind of hateful ideology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salafi_movement

As for that idea the USA/CIA are behind ISIS....I find it hard to accept the USA let so many American soldiers die in Fallujah fighting Sunni Jihadis a few years ago only to engineer a new Sunni Jihadi group to take over the country? I am no innocent regarding real politik but that seems like off the scale weird conspiracy thinking to me. :shock:

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark wrote:
Looks fine to me. Just requires a bit scrolling down the thread!Mark
check it for yourself. here is where it goes - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumu
notice you don't have the 'ah highlighted in your link?
Mark wrote: They were operating in the area as arguably a terrorist or insurgency force. But until January 3rd they hadn't gained de facto power in any major population centre that I am aware of in Iraq. The Bolsheviks were operating and attempted to seize power before the October Revolution in St Petersburg in 1917. However, we date the Soviet era from their successful seizure of the city. Mark
then maybe you are correct to use a start date of jan 3rd here, but i am not convinced at the moment.. wikipedia is on your side, lol..

James M wrote:
Mark wrote:Actually, I told them they had it wrong!
that's funny! i believe you!

Mark wrote: Saudi Arabia yes. Saudi Arabia and private individuals in that country are promoting the Salafi version of Sunni Islam to the world which is promoting this kind of hateful ideology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salafi_movement

As for that idea the USA/CIA are behind ISIS....You seriously think the USA let all those American soldiers die in Fallujah fighting Sunni Jihadis a few years ago only to engineer a new Sunni Jihadi group to take over the country? I am no political innocent regarding real politik but that seems off the scale weird conspiracy thinking. :shock:

Mark
i think there's more then one group vying for power here.. it's obvious these goons on the ground have financial support and help to bring about a much more 'thought out' strategy of controlling the oil.. anyone who thinks this is just an internal thing where saudi arabia,the usa, and other major players are sitting by and watching it unfold strikes me as naive..

one theory i subscribe to here is that the usa was happy with the isis in thinking of it as a sword to be used on syria, iran or even maliki if he didn't follow the recommendations given him.. now it looks much more dangerous and tricky to work with.. bottom line - the break up of iraq and control of oil still seems like the long range agenda, with new faces/names, but the same agenda in the works... if bush had said saddam had oil instead of wmds, i could have swallowed the cool-aid a bit easier..