For those a bit lost on what is going on and who controls where here is map indicating areas of control in Iraq and Syria at present (30/06/2014):
Grey: The Islamic Caliphate
Purple: Iraqi government
Pink: Syrian government
Green: Kurdish self rule area (Iraq)
Dark Khaki: Kurdish controlled areas (Syria)
Light Green/Turquoise: Other Islamist groups

The large red dot in Syria is Damascus and the one in Iraq is Baghdad.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

As I have extended this thread to now include Syria I suggest you check out some previous posts on this. James_M has been especially active tracking developments on this both on Skyscript and elsewhere:

2011:

http://noeltyl.com/discussion/index.php ... ic=4563.15

2012:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... ight=syria

More recently:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7758
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

thanks mark,

i was thinking about the inception chart for baghdad and how it might be involved in the gloom that is probably hanging over baghdad due the isis movement and agenda to go into baghdad.. here is the chart i have for this -

screen grab

in light of your comment about the jan 3 2014 chart being no longer valid, i wonder what your thoughts are on the use of the oct 13th area chart?

below is a quote from the "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant" wiki page at present.

"On 13 October 2006, the group announced the establishment of the Islamic State of Iraq, which claimed authority over Baghdad, Anbar, Diyala, Kirkuk, Salah al-Din, Ninawa and parts of Babel."

marjorie orr continues to work with this chart at this point, and i am in agreement with her on this.

James wrote:
marjorie orr continues to work with this chart at this point, and i am in agreement with her on this.
I dont have a strong view on this either way yet but its only fair to say that other astrologers are using another chart for the foundation of ISIS from April 9th 2013. I prefer to discuss this on the new thread for the Islamic Caliphate. I am going to quote your comment in full there!

Mark

i was looking for the post i made on bashar assad's solar return for 2013.. interestingly it is not on this thread, but on another one i had going for syria i had written a little over a year ago found here - http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7758

i was working with a chart that isaac starkman had rectified in absence of a time of day for his birth.. i wanted to look at his chart again for this year as i know his birthdate is sometime around now.. in the previous year the mars/saturn square was directly hitting the 7 degree aqaurius that isaac's rectified chart had on the ascendant.. i thought the emphasis of mars/saturn square on the same degree of this chart of isaac's made sense in terms of an ongoing atmosphere of war.. assad finds himself in the same environment again this year...

here is a quick summary of my political view on this.. regime change has been the name of the game, with assad the most obvious recipient for this unipolar foreign policy expressed thru the usa, with supporting cast of the usual other western countries.. in the past year ISIS is the new monster, overshadowing al qaeda - whether they are the same, or a more radical variation - the funding for all this seems to be from the same sources, and ironically or not the support for 'moderate' rebels always seems to find it's military gear 'us gov't' finally ending up in ISIS's hands... my view on this, is the regime change game is still on, but a new 'excuse' is being used to implement it.. how is anyone to know whether it is ISIS, or the syrian army that is being bombed? the western powers refuse to work with assad, and yet are arming ( against international law ) the 'moderate' rebels.. well - now you know how i see it politically.

the aries ingress chart for 2014 to damascus was discussed on one of these threads as well. mars rising retro about 10 degrees off the ascendant.. have a look for yourself... the libra ingress chart to damascus has virgo 17 rising - with the moon also at 17 virgo. the chart is much the same as the libra ingress set to moscow.. perhaps this partly explains the synergy between the 2 countries in sharing very similar ingress charts to the seat of their respective gov'ts.. bashar assads's sun at 18 virgo has an obvious connection to this particular ingress chart.. i haven't read anyone overlapping a leaders chart with a particular ingress chart, but it is interesting to consider here. the pluto/uranus conjunction in assad's chart also is highlighted as they land at 16/15 virgo as well..

using the time from isaac starkman of 4:43:24pm sept 11th 1965 damascus gives 7 aq 22 rising..

the 2014 solar return for assad has 12 sag rising with a very nice trine of jupiter at 12 leo to this same degree.. the moon is at 20 aries on the south node - solar 8th house.. the sr 14 mars/saturn land in the 12th of the sr, but on the midheaven of the 7 aq rising chart.

the big caveat is we don't have an actual birth time for assad, only a speculative one, or rectified one.. it would seem that assad will be focused on or the focus of the continuing 'regime change' agenda.. mars is strong by sign in his chart, regardless of it's position. it is mixed with the sr 14 saturn for this year which makes it a tougher situation. being surrounded by war, and everything associated with this seems to be a feature he is going to be living with more directly up until the time he is gone.. i doubt any change will be happening and that ISIS is only the latest move on the part of the west for regime change in syria.. his days are numbered regardless of how it unfolds in the following year..

here is the sr 14 chart for him off the time i mentioned above.

image hosting site

i don't know the best thread to put this post, but i was able to get the time for the usa's recent bombing of isis location al raqqah.. i don't know if it was the first location to be bombed, but i think it might be. the mars/neptune square is on the angles..

image hosting 12mb

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Syria.html

"Pentagon press secretary Rear Admiral John Kirby said the decision to launch the strikes was made on Monday, only hours before US Air Force and Navy pilots were given their missions and targets.

Kirby said the strikes were ordered by Army General Lloyd Austin, the commander of US forces in the Middle East and South Asia 'under authorisation granted to him by the commander in chief'.

The first strikes began around 8:30 p.m. EDT - 1.30am in the UK and 4.30am in Syria - but the operation was expected to continue for several more hours, according to one U.S. official."

8:30 pm, EDT, September 22nd, 2014, in Washington, DC is 1:30 am, BST, (0:30 am, GMT) September 23rd in London, England which is 2 hours behind sky time in Syria no matter what mnemonic is used for the time zone, making the time 2:30 am, CET or it's equivalent, in order to get the same position for the Moon in all charts.

In the image below all ETs (Ephemeris Times) and dates are the same. This means that planetary positions in each of the charts will be the same.

The LSTs (Local Sidereal Times) are unique to each location for where the charts are drawn. The LSTs can be seen right below the ET boxes in the image.

The difference in ddd:mm:ss of the RAMCs for each chart MUST BE the same as the difference in ddd:mm:ss of their respective locations. Check the data for London and Alep.

since much of the focus of isis is centered in syria and iraq - it makes sense to have a thread devoted to both countries here while continuing to focus on isis in a separate thread... mark mentioned in his last comment on one of these isis threads he was going to open up another thread on the isis chart that geoffrey c. had offered that was being used on adb.. in the meantime, i would like to comment on recent events in this area.

the recent events from about 5 or 6 days ago in ramadi, iraq with isis taking control of the town and extended area which would include the ancient ruins of palmyra, syria are an ongoing cause for concern and why us astrologers interested in mundane events are curious to track them.

the aries ingress chart for this general area has mars in direct opposition with the midheaven degree.. for palmyra the midheaven degree is 19 libra 11, while mars in the ingress chart is at 21 aries 59.. uranus is at 15 aries 30 - besieging or surrounding the midheaven axis.. presently uranus is at 19 libra 04, not far off an exact opposition to the palmyra midheaven degree in the aries ingress chart.. the ascendant in these aries ingress charts for the area is capricorn, while saturn the ruler is in the 12th sign to the ascendant in early sag..

an article was put out by nafeez ahmed that covers important ground in terms of info released from a newly declassified US document.. some might like to read it to get a better grasp of ISIS and the idea of it's origins or supporters.. the story will not be told in the msm for the time being..
https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence ... 9ad7a29092

further to this, moon of alabama has a story up today confirming much the same but in a more specific way that challenges the information we are being given in the msm on the unfolding developments in iraq/syria which directly relate to the role of isis and indirectly to the major gov'ts involved in a proxy type war on iraq/syria soil..

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2015/05/la ... l#comments

here are some of the 2015 aries ingress charts..i am trying smaller pics for a change.. still black background though! the first 2 are for the area under supposed isis control in north eastern syria defined loosely by the areas of al hasakah and deir-es-zor.

image search

here is an aries ingress for ramadi which is further to the east of the above 2 places..

adult picture hosting

palmyra, syria seems to be between the 2 areas, inside syria though..

free image upload
image hosting free

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Crisis_of_1957

i found this link today especially fascinating given the connection of saturn in sag both in 1957 and where it is now - approx 58 years, or 2 saturn cycles later.. i did look at the ingress charts for 1957 and 2015 and there are more connections in these as well - mostly sag rising with saturn in the ascendant sign, either in the 1st or the 12th... i am not sure just what to make of it all at this point, but thought others might find the connections from here to there fascinating in themselves..

i wonder what it is about saturn in sag that connects closely with all this? sag would seem to capture the area of our experience associated with religion, philosophy and politics... we have all of that in much of the motion going on towards syria, as well as within syria and surrounding areas.. but why syria? one wonders of the role the neighbours play in why syria is where it is at this moment in time. i don't think it can be all left at assads doorstep - far from it actually..

i read a few articles today on the topic if isis, iraq and syria.. i think the title for this thread was changed to make it an umbrella for isis and what, at the time, appeared to be a development that many folks were interested in - astrologically and etc.. it seems like mosul where a coalition of forces are challenging isis control over the city is a focal point for the past 1-2 or so months. isis supposed capital of mosul and raqqa in syria seem to be under threat and some of the designs of all the players appears to have shifted here, or not! either way it seems isis is on the run..

it is interesting to me looking at the iraq sovereignty chart at the beginning of this thread set with 2 virgo rising - 2004 chart.. i note the transit of the north node close to the ascendant which i see as a strengthening feature. it also appears in one of the other charts on this thread - us airstrkes on isis for sept 2014 on page 2 also has virgo 7 degrees rising, so north node is at a similar place in the ascendant to both these charts.. at any rate - here are the 2 articles for anyone interested..

How Iran closed the Mosul 'horseshoe' and changed Iraq war
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN13W1H1

and - Making COIN
The modern history of an unstoppable bad idea
http://thebaffler.com/salvos/making-coin-shorrock