National Chart Resources on the Mundane Forum

Hello Everyone,

Just to let you all know I am starting a series of ongoing threads on the Skyscript mundane forum to display national charts.

I will be working through areas of the world geographically and displaying numerous charts. Obviously with over 200 sovereign nations and many countries having multiple charts its impractical to display every conceivable chart here! However, I am aware not everyone has access to books like Nicholas Campion's Book of World Horoscopes or Marc Penfield's series of books on national charts across the world.

While there are online links giving national charts it involves a lot of hunting to locate them and moreover, key charts are often missing!

As you will see I have just opened a thread on national charts for the USA. nowhere is the multiple chart issue more acute than for the USA!

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8343

Fortunately, Astro.com have electronic links to most of the charts from the Rodden data. However, you cannot look at them all together so I have combined them all together for you. Still, there are a few important charts missing on astro.com so I have tried to find other links for these.

I am not expressing my personal views on these threads but simply displaying the charts as a resource for all astrologers.

Because I cannot display charts in all house systems I am considering displaying the charts in Placidus or Equal. I haven't made my mind up on this yet. To make this as accessible for the most people I may opt for Placidus even though I dont use this system myself.

The idea is to combine several of these threads together into a home thread with links to all the other threads covering particular parts of the world. Eventually, all of this will be combined as a sticky at the top of the forum page below the guidelines.

Once we have a good pool of charts up I can respond to requests for additional charts. As the threads are just to display charts they will be locked to ensure the focus remains the charts not debates over the validity of particular charts.

I appreciate any feedback on these plans either here or by PM.

Thanks

Mark Cullen
Skyscript Mundane Forum
Last edited by Mark on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I have decided to list the national chart groupings under the following geographical categories:

Latin America and Caribbean
USA, and Canada
Europe
Eastern Asia & Pacific
South-West and Central Asia
North & Saharan Africa
Sub-Saharan Africa

I will be starting this in earnest once I have put more time into the thread on Scotland.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly