work, education, horary

Greetings,

I wrote up a horary I'd like a little assistance with if possible. the Horary question is Will the training courses I'm taking now assist me with my work, specifically I'm interested in staying with this company.

the time is 11:02 am Pacific 34N 119W

I get 3 CAN 44 as the ASC
Saturn ruler of the 9th at
20 CAN 24
Moon at 9 VIR 08
Jupiter ruler of the tenth at
15 Lib 21 Rx

Saturn is past 5 degrees past square of Jupiter and they are getting Further out of Square,

Moon was last in total opposition to Uranus who is at 8 Pis 15
Prior to that formed a Yod with Sun Venus and Mars Chiron
Her next contacts are semi sextile and Quincunx with jupiter and Neptune and then SExtile to Saturn, then Square Pluto.

the Moon is in the 3rd house

What I think I'm seeing here is that Education and Work were square but are becoming more atuned to each other? therefore a positive step? Also Moon traveling From Saturn to Jupiter implying a positive factor?

I'd like some other opinions on this chart if possible thanks!

Granny

:brows

Hi Granny,
Your question has been on my mind since you posted it because I think the answer is important to you, unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of time to study it (and I will do some more) but I offer a few thoughts because your post seems to indicate you're wondering if it's all worth it?

The Sun and Jupiter are the strongest planets with 14 and 12 respectively. The Sun is square the Asc from the 10th showing your career is a focus at this time and perhaps a need for change/development. The Sun rules the 3rd which is also a house of learning.

Mercury in 10th rules the 4th, is approaching the opposition to Jupiter in the 4th, ruling the 6th and 10th. Are you studying by internet or long distance learning? Is something at home making you think twice about whether the study is worth it? The opposition is a potential for awareness due to confrontation (found that somewhere recently and it rings true for me). Hence the mind/expansion tussle involving work vs home. The Part of Fortune in 6th is the next strongest body/point in the chart, and suggests an opportunity is there in the house of daily habits/routines though again the Moon and Uranus in approaching square to it shows an emotional issue with those routines perhaps.

Mars in the 8th square Sun and Venus might indicate a sudden loss of confidence in what you're doing? Again that might be borne out be the separating Moon opp Uranus?

As I said I haven't done very much on it, and so I'm speaking from a position of little or no information (and definately no authority :) ), but the chart seems to be saying that perhaps this is a crisis of confidence as much as anything.

Don't know if I've helped or hindered here. . . or I'm simply talking through my hat!

Best wishes
Sungem

Hi Haku

I hopped on to do some housekeeping and thought I'd pop in for a looksee.

I used the date Granny posted since she didn't give it -
23 March 2005
11.02am Pacific Standard Time (GMT +8 )
119.00 W
34.00 N
Regiomontanus

I got Asc at 4 cancer 25 / Saturn 20 cancer 22 / Moon 9 virgo 07 and
Jupiter Rx 15 libra 20

I figured the tiny difference must have been the even co-ordinates.

Sungem

oops, yes it was posted on the same day as I did the chart so Sungem is correct, also I did round off the lat and long so his data was slightly skewed but still relevant. 23 march 2005

Granny

sungem, mars is not squaring sun and venus, but sextiling it.

granny, i am not an authoritiy either. just a few remarks here, but don't consider it as a yes-or-no-answer.

first, saturn is in the first house, in detriment in cancer. isn't that rather indicating a restriction, a negative answer? (could be that it's only negative when it's conjunct the ascendant, not sure)

secondly, jupiter, ruler of the career house, makes no aspects apart from the opposition with mercury in the 10th. (unless the trine with neptune counts)That doesn't seem promising for a career progress.

you say that moon is moving away from saturn towards jupiter -- but it will not make an aspect with jupiter before it leaves signs. so i think that that doesn't count.

the last aspect of the moon will be with saturn -- be it a sextile, so that's not really bad (not counting the final square with pluto though).

but the opposition 3d house moon-uranus makes me wonder whether somehow you have not already decided to give up on these studies?

on the other hand, sun, ruler of the 3d, in aries in 10, sextile mars looks good. sun is exalted in aries.

but venus is in detriment in 10. actually, i am curious to know what's the link between your 5th house and your 10th.

also, what is the link netween your 4th and your tenth? must be a strong one, since ruelr of 4th is in 10th and ruler of 10th is in 4th.

may we know details about your job and the training?

LOL, I have no idea. When i first got this Job I did a horary and it had Saturn in 5th and some 4th house aspect that I dont reacall, but so far I haven't found a romance link. the only home link I can think of is that I feel fairly at home in this business which is Civil Space Based Satellite related.... stars, space, astronomy, astrology... hmmm all seems related to me. I have felt very restricted for a long time in my work and I want to break out and do more, and different things. The classes are project management classes and working on learning a program necessary to track schedules and things. I'm certain the education would be helpful to me personally, but I wonder if I'm doing myself any good at this job with it. The other thing is, I thought 9th house was education, not third? am I confused?

Granny

:brows

Good pickup Haku! You?re right ? that is a sextile between Mars and Sun-Venus, my mistake.

That then doesn?t fit the ?loss of confidence ? quite so well but (adding to what you?ve posted) - Saturn in 1st would also add that loss element from the point of view of the Self losing impetus. Saturn rules the 9th and is actually partile quincunx the cusp of higher learning adding stress. I think of the 3rd as a house of learning because of its being the house of communication ? think of the 3rd/9th connotation for travel/journeys and neighbours/foreigners? now transfer it to learning. Besides the fact that you?ve brought the subject to the forum, which while it is a group (11th), it is also a method of communication between us all.

Remember the Sun brought me to the 3rd because it is the strongest body in the chart.

Just had a thought (yes, I know, you thought you heard a noise :) ). Hasn?t Jupiter separated from the square with Saturn because of Rx motion? It will turn direct again in June and hit the square again in forward motion in Sept (and separate from the Neptune trine which may be adding the deceptive element about the worth of the study while Jupiter is Rx.). I?d wait a while Granny ? this may all just be a figment of your imagination! :D But chances are that if all this started in mid-January, you can put the lack of confidence about the worth of the effort down to Jupiter?s shenanigans.

As Haku also points out ?
the last aspect of the moon will be with saturn -- be it a sextile, so that's not really bad (not counting the final square with pluto though).
Saturn isn?t all that bad when it?s out in the open, on the positive side it gives structure and perseverance but can be a bit depressing with the rest of the mix. T-square = Uranus opp Moon focus POF This may well be the daily slog of study routine getting you down. The final square of Moon to Pluto may signify the turning point (end of May?)
on the other hand, sun, ruler of the 3d, in aries in 10, sextile mars looks good. sun is exalted in aries.
I agree. . . and I think shows the support to your willpower because your heart (Venus) isn?t in it at the moment (under the sunbeams). However the Sun is approaching conjunction with Mercury, lending more support to mental endeavour.

Haku -
but venus is in detriment in 10. actually, i am curious to know what's the link between your 5th house and your 10th.
Granny -
so far I haven't found a romance link.
(Sungem) There probably isn?t one. . .
the only home link I can think of is that I feel fairly at home in this business which is Civil Space Based Satellite related.... stars, space, astronomy, astrology... hmmm all seems related to me.
. . . It?s probably that your hobby (astrology) is related to your work (space).

I think that?s about all I can add Granny, sorry I don't seem to be able to come to a firmer outcome for you ? except the 4th is ?the end of the matter, ruled by Mercury (10th) and Jupiter is in it?s term there ? or is that the 1st, (turned 4th from 10th and ruled by the Moon?) It may be that you just have to hang in there.

Alternatively of course, it could be time for one of the senior members of the forum to hop in and rescue this delineation. :brows

Sungem

Also, I looked at Jupiter and Saturns dance and unless I missed something I dont believe they perfect at any time until December? in fact sometime between december 17th and 18 Jupiter and Saturn will finally perfect the angle.

(I wonder what that will bring to the world? )

MissB