A reminder that just about 48 hours now I'll be doing a webinar for Kepler.edu demonstrating traditional techniques using Delphic Oracle 7...

I've recently changed the search in the Terran Atlas to be case insensitive and added dynamical divisions as a consideration for predomination, trigon lord strength, etc... I may have misunderstood Schmidt's original instructions, but it seems to me that most of the predomination material (in particular Valens bk 3) seems to work better with Porphyry and not whole signs. Schmidt has said that topics are better represented using whole signs because of the guest host relationship, but the other meaning of "kentron" means to goad (as opposed to a center of activity such as an agora or open market place conducive to business) so I have added this to the Predomination tab under Hellenistic General options. Hopefully this version will be uploaded before my presentation. This option will also affect trigon lord assessment (as a matter of strength in harnessing the winds) and with the selection of Kurios of the nativity.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

Hi Curtis,

Thanks very much for the webinar. Very interesting. I have just bought Delphic Oracle so looking forward to experimenting further with your software.

I especially enjoyed your discussion on the myth of Er in relation to the Kurios!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_Er

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Thanks Mark! I only scratched the surface of what I had planned with that segment. Schmidt suggested that it would be a good pretext for understanding the material in the Universal Hermetics section. I think we need to make a distinction between the planet set as the "oikodespotes" (what Schmidt calls the political officer) as the type of life chosen and what evolutionary astrologers would call the path that the soul is on. The latter deals with the "why" question. The Myth of Er almost makes it sound like the souls coming down from heaven lacked experience and made trivial choices and then lamented as if they had been "tricked". Their choices often though seemed to reflect prior reasoning that "this time I'll choose this kind of life because such and such happened in the past". One soul even chose life as an animal due to negative experiences with being human; something Buddhists might relate to.
Curtis Manwaring

BTW, I wanted to mention before I forget that it occurred to me that the reason why Valens examined the prenatal lunation for indications of violent death (particularly malefics aspecting the lord) is because lunations like eclipses represent something new coming into the world; so if this lord is in aversion and afflicted, it is like nemesis where opposition forces seek retribution for something that shouldn't be. It is as if the malefics objected to the life being present and so they react violently.
Curtis Manwaring