Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Birth Time rectifications

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sirius_and_Procyon

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Birth Time rectifications Reply with quote

Hello

I have a bit a problem in my map that lead me to make a research on this topic, but I would like to hear more from you.

According to my family I was born between 16:00 and 16:30. The ascendant lies on the cusp of Libra/Scorpio and at 16:00 is in Libra and 16:30 in Scorpio.
The change of cusp is made at 16:16.
I have been using the Scorpio ascendant, but sometimes I have this astrological identity crises Wink
So it would be great to try to be more precise.

Are you using any particular method for Birth Time rectifications in a successful way ?

Many thanks for the advice.
Ricardo
Atlantean

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have quite a few (dated) events of various sorts, I would use (Topocentric) Primary Directions to firmly fix the time...

Even without an extensive list, I would use this method individually (on individual events).

There are other methods, but this method has the advantage that a very slight shift in birthtime makes a very large shift in the maturity of future directions. ie. fix the events to the dates of their occurrence will fix the birthtime to seconds...
Sirius_and_Procyon

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlantean wrote:
If you have quite a few (dated) events of various sorts, I would use (Topocentric) Primary Directions to firmly fix the time...

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, but Primary Directions are really out of my field of study. I have no idea what they are, so today I had a quick look and it is really complex, so I will have to give myself some time to get into that.

I was thinking something more in the area of Indian astrology, were I feel more at ease. Nevertheless thank you for the idea.

Edit: Unless you could help me out in my personal case... let me know if you are willing to do it.
Therese Hamilton

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricardo, if you have a list of important events in your life (timed to the day if possible) and a photo, PM me with your birth data. Also a brief biography is helpful. I've found that key events often correlate with a transiting planet conjunct the M.C., thought I don't use the M.C. for the 10th house cusp. Also I've been collecting ascendant photos and organizing them by decanate.
Bobby

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ricardo,

Depending upon the events you have Chara Dasha can be useful when rectifying between two possible lagnas. There are also other conditional dashas that may apply to your chart which could also help to identify the correct lagna.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Indian and Asian astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: