Cyclic planetary interactions

Hi Folks,

I've often read here about the start of a new cycle between two planets after a conjunction, and how that cycle can be understood and predicted.

I don't know much more than that except the cycle must be affected when the planets reach new aspects after the original conjunction starting point, and when each of the planets changes sign, and/or house in a particular natal chart. The start degree would be important too.

Two Cyclic planetary interactions that I have some knowledge of are that of Saturn and Jupiter (thanks to Mark) that make up the 60 year Chinese cycle, and of course the cycle of the Sun and the Moon, 29.5 days.

I appreciate it's a fundamental theme and would like to read or learn more. What are the key points? Any experiences, inputs or references ?

H

hi rocko,

it is like a cycle beyond the cycle of the individual planet, or a cycle created out of 2 planets, as opposed to one.. i think the first exposure i had to this idea might have been with dane rudhyar's book 'the lunation cycle' or something like that.. http://www.malloybooks.com/product31.html

that was just a beginning point though that got me to thinking about how 2 planets could be considered to have a cycle based on where they are with one another.. it is really just another way to think of astrology - cyclic - as opposed to geometric, or sign / house based and etc. etc. all of these different ways of considering astrology are valid, but different.

essentially the beginning of the cycle (conjunction) starts out like a seed idea which reaches fulfillment in the full moon - or opposition. there is the built up and break down.. a cycle could be thought of as a spiral where it might be able to continue to move in an up or down way too i suppose..

these are just some thoughts and maybe it will motivate you to look into rudhyars book as a beginning point.. there might be some other books that talk about the cycles of 2 or more planets..

perhaps for a more fascinating examination of the cycles of some of the outer planets you could consider picking up andre barbaults book 'the value of astrology' - a very recent book from the past year, where he lightly touches on his prediction of the fall of the soviet union based off the cycles of saturn/neptune/uranus.. that was predicted much in advance for around 1989 when these 3 planets re-aligned into a conjunction around that time..