Malcolm Young dementia at 61.

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Young,_Malcolm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -tour.html

I just read on the news that Malcolm Young, rhythm guitarist with the band AC/DC, has cancelled touring with his band and is being admitted into a dementia institution. He is only 61, and looks in quite good shape. Very sad.

Looking at his chart, on Astro data bank, with an accurated time of birth from birth certificate, as he was born in Scotland, his Sun is 16 degrees Capricorn, conjunct Chiron and exactly opposition Uranus. This sudden news, and apparently sudden decision not to tour with his band, seems to have something to do with the transit of Uranus in 16 degrees Aries?

His Venus is exactly 45 degrees semisquare to his Sun, so that too would have been affected by the current Uranus transit.

During my work together with a psychiatrist, I came to appreciate the Part of Sickness and its dispositor(s) as indicative of a native's health sensitivities in a majority of cases, especially considering their sign/house positions. Its formula is ASC + Mars - Saturn in a diurnal chart (reverse the planets for a nocturnal chart).

Young's chart is another good example: He has it at 2? Scorpio, which makes Mars its classical dispositor. He is at 5? Pisces; now, dementia is linked to Neptune/Pisces, and so is alcoholism. I googled for the latter in connection with Young and found that he had severe alcohol problems earlier. He seems to have got over this in 1988, but it's well known that long alcohol abuse can lead to permanent damage.

It's not surprising that this would surface with the current exact conjunction of transiting Neptune over Young's Mars.

I looked on Astrodienst to see if their charts will calculate Arabian points like the Part of Sickness, but couldn't find it. Interesting that it points to his Mars.

His natal Mars doesn't seem to have any aspects - conjunctions, squares or oppositions within one degree orb; I know it has weak aspects and maybe trines.

One program that calculates the Part of Sickness is the freeware Astrolog. (Both the diurnal and the nocturnal version for every chart, calling them by two different names.)

Young's Mars is conjunct Venus, and has some sextiles (the one to Mercury may be relevant here, as the latter represents the mind). Of course, it depends on how you look at aspects and orbs; I certainly wouldn't consider the sextile to be weak - in fact, I wouldn't think of any classical aspects as weak just because they're not exact (within a one degree orb). I'd give Mars by himself an orb of 7 degrees for the Ptolemaic aspects.