Book for a course

Hello, everyone!

Recently a colleague of mine asked me to teach him Traditional Astrology in private classes. I said I would do that gladly, and would help him, but now I have a problem with defining the syllabus of the course and what to teach him (and in what order).

Therefore, I'd like to ask you if you have any recommendations of books that I can use as a basis for the course, following its pages as the syllabus of what to teach.

I thought about using Avelar e Ribeiro's "On the Heavenly Spheres", but the book is a little weak when it comes to delineation (for example, it doesn't teach about hyleg, alcocoden, delineating marriage, children, etc).

Best Regards
Yair Alon
Kabbalist

Re: Book for a course

Yair Alon wrote:I thought about using Avelar e Ribeiro's "On the Heavenly Spheres", but the book is a little weak when it comes to delineation (for example, it doesn't teach about hyleg, alcocoden, delineating marriage, children, etc).
My opinion is that you don't need hyleg, alcocoden, etc., for teaching an introductory course, neither for an intermediate one. By the time your friend is proficient enough in Traditional Astrology, I we will be able to teach himself those more advanced subjects.

I consider Avelar e Ribeiro's "On the Heavenly Spheres", one of the best books for teaching the initial concepts of Traditional Astrology. The authors have put a lot of work in making things easy enough to be understood by beginners and intermediate astrologers..

However, I do agree with you that the delineations are not its biggest strength, but after the basics are covered (Elements, Temperaments, Simbolism of signs & planets, Planets of signs & houses, planetary movements, aspect & aspect movements, essential and accidental dignities, etc.), you have lots of books that are more specific on delineations, such as Horary books if your friend wants to follow that path, or books such as Christian Astrology which also talks about natal astrology.

Jo?o Ventura

Thanks for your reply, Jo?o!

My friends wants to read nativities, so according to you maybe I could use Heavenly Spheres + Christian Astrology.

Suppose I also want to get to more advanced subjects with him (like the mentioned Hyleg and Alcocoden), do you have any recommendation of book to add to these two?

Best Regards
Yair Alon
Kabbalist