Moon in the 8th

:D Hi Skyscripters!
I have a nativity with Luna placed in the 8th house..she is L.7 & in the sign of Libra. I do not have a lot of experience with this placement & wonder whether any of you have any knowledge of this please
:D It is not my own nativity
Thank you
Saturngirl
Enjoy what you learn,as it keeps the mind youthful!!

Several possibilities:

- The person or his/her mother is physically weak, or not physically active.
- His/her partner is physically weak or inactive.
- He/she met a partner when he/she was sick, i.e. in a hospital, got in an accident, etc.

There are definitely more to it than this. We need to consider sect and the phase of the Moon, the planets its aspecting, etc.

Larxene Xenohart
Interested in Hellenistic astrology? Visit my blog.

The appearance changes, but the essence remains.

In addition, just as an example, I have a few charts of people who's parents or one of the parents died when they were very young with the luminaries inside the 8th. The opposition of the luminaries across the 2nd/8th axis could be indicative of that.
Even if unafflicted and well positioned, the 8th Moon makes a sort of a shell around that doesn't always allow the person to process the stressful feelings and "explode". On times, it actually implodes. For this reason, and especially if the Moon has no or very few aspects, I have noticed that there is a tendency to nurture frustrations or traumatic experiences deep within. When they fire back at the person, they are usually transformed into a physical condition. Both the 8th and the Moon have a strong association with subconsciousness and trauma and so this isn't really surprising.
To this I may add that some of the people who's charts I'm mentioning could confirm what Larxene has mentioned as well, especially the first two tendencies (mother, secluded partners etc.).

Cheers,

aglaya

In that case the Moon is waning and in the solar field in a masculine sign. That often means stagnation in the emotional flow, not being able to adequately deal with feelings, as also described in Aglaya's post. Also difficulties to connect with people on an emotional basis which causes feelings of uncertainty.