Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Saturn in 8th house transit and investing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
traditionalastrologystude

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Saturn in 8th house transit and investing. Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm going to have a Saturn transit to my 8th. And my spouse will be having a 2nd house transit from the same planet. We've been talking about investing for our family's future. But is this a bad time to do it? Should we wait until after these transits have passed? I understand that Saturn through the money houses can mean that your own or your partner's resources can become troublesome. Losses are possible. But it could also be a time when we take money very seriously. So does that mean investing is good or not at that time?

I would rather secure my financial situation BEFORE the transits come. But I'm worried about starting this now and then getting trouble soon after. We've just passed a trying period and don't want another one.

Your insights, please?
Fleur

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not an expert, but imo transiting Saturn is not in itself any kind of prime mover. Your natal Saturn is absolutely vital to your finances and security, but you need to look at transits from outer planets aspecting your Saturn (I don't bother with trines in this respect, only 0, 90 and 180 degree aspects but ymmv) and also if there are Solar Arcs from your natal chart angles to your natal Saturn.
alex62

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Saturn in 8th house transit and investing. Reply with quote

traditionalastrologystude wrote:
Hi!

I'm going to have a Saturn transit to my 8th. And my spouse will be having a 2nd house transit from the same planet. We've been talking about investing for our family's future. But is this a bad time to do it? Should we wait until after these transits have passed? I understand that Saturn through the money houses can mean that your own or your partner's resources can become troublesome. Losses are possible. But it could also be a time when we take money very seriously. So does that mean investing is good or not at that time?

I would rather secure my financial situation BEFORE the transits come. But I'm worried about starting this now and then getting trouble soon after. We've just passed a trying period and don't want another one.

Your insights, please?

insight for what?
I do not see anywhere birth chart? Smile

Or do you think that is sufficient to state transit of Saturn through 8 house? Confused
alex62

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleur wrote:
I am not an expert, but imo transiting Saturn is not in itself any kind of prime mover. Your natal Saturn is absolutely vital to your finances and security, but you need to look at transits from outer planets aspecting your Saturn (I don't bother with trines in this respect, only 0, 90 and 180 degree aspects but ymmv) and also if there are Solar Arcs from your natal chart angles to your natal Saturn.

How you know about her Saturn without the chart??

By written, mercury could be the ruler of her second house. For the husband probably Mars, but it is all in the domain of speculation. But astrology does not deal with speculations. The first thing in astrology to be learned and apply it

- Without chart I don't know nothing ...

It is advise if you want to accept Leery Secret

Sorry for my english
libra_rising

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturn isn't a prime mover of anything, EXCEPT when in cardinal signs; then there's going to be action and the result from such actions (be it positive or negative) will be in effect and felt for a long period of time. Saturn delivers consequence from the actions you've taken (action is rooted from Mars/the Lesser Malefic and another Superior planet), but Saturn does not propel action to take place.

Saturn's nature is one of conservation: to gather your resources and energies to prepare for the long haul. Saturn would not maximize one's speculative risks as Saturn at best, condones very calculated risks but NEVER pure risk. Pure risk as in leaving your fate to the winds and come what may attitude belongs to Jupiter. If Jupiter is transiting your 10th house, I would say go for it.

Currently, Saturn is Scorpio which is fixed and will soon move into Sagittarius which is mutable. Saturn won't be in his domicile of Capricorn (cardinal) for another 3 years. I would say by then, look towards investing in something long term and of relatively lower risk. I surmise that when Saturn moves into his preferred domicile of Aquarius, there will be a lot of interesting perspectives on how to conserve one's resources and energies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: